or Connect

Posts by BrianJ

Thanks for the info everyone, that was a lot of info to read and digest. I suppose I should have mentioned that I guess it's a bit obvious if there is something about the hole that demands the fade/draw. (Such as a tree in the way, a dogleg, etc) I was more wondering about why they appear to hit draws when they are in the middle of a fairway and there is nothing in the way. Maybe it is the cameras depth of field and it's more of an illusion than what is really going on.
So I have been playing for about 4 years, and I learn and get better each time.  I have not spent much time practicing working the ball left to right, or right to left.  Honestly, I'm not sure why I would want to be doing those things.  I am very happy with how my ballstriking is, and I am finally very confident standing over a ball at address and have reasonable confidence that my ball is going to go to my target, and land somewhere near the target.   So with that...
Roger that, if someone drops let me know!
So does that mean there is room now?  If so I'd like to be in, I was in last years!
Ok great thanks for the reply.  I have definitely employed the punch shot technique before, it was part of my game last season when things were getting out of control, but I seemed to forget about it.  I'll work on this on the range this weekend!
Hey everyone, I have been golfing since the fall of 2008 and truly love it. I have taken about 10 lessons and they have been invaluable to my game. I plan on taking more lessons this season with my pro (Marty from Redgate in Rockville MD). Anyway, a peculiar thing has happened lately with my long irons, especially my 4 iron. Just before impact I seem to be uncontrollably turning my clubface back towards downswing, or in other words away from my target. It has the...
Wow I'm glad I clicked this thread.  All of this somehow is new information to me.  I'm going to order some from lostgolfballs right now.  their prices seem a bit better than knet.  Thanks for the info!
My best shot happened on hole 1 at Chesapeake Hills here in southern Maryland.  Hole 1 is a dog leg to the right after about 180 yard tee shot.  I was hoping to fade my tee shot a bit but it was dead straight, and then my second shot I hit pretty fat.  I was 70 yards away for my third shot (I have a rangefinder).  There is a bunker that is in front of the green as you approach, and a hill to the left of the green which feeds in a bit on your putts.  I purposefully kicked...
I just got back from being fitted by my local PGA for a set of G20 irons.  The pro told me my current set was 1.5" too short for me, when I got to the range to test out the 7 iron I was just stunned at how easily I hit them.  I went back to my old 7 iron (an X-22 which I wasn't fitted for) and it was like night and day.  I never realized how much I had to reach with my old set.  The trajectory with the G20s was a good bit higher and I definitely picked up some yards on...
Mine was Jan 1 as well.  I'm in Maryland and fortunately it was around 65 degrees here that day.  I've been taking advantage of the exceptionally warm winter all year so far!