or Connect

Posts by Vermeer

I think Rors was over hyped by the media, and then golf fans. His short career is one of inconsistency drizzled with brilliance. I've read his driving accuracy is less than desirable. He has bouts of putting heaven along with putting hell.   Maybe it's too many changes, changing of girlfriends, agents, friends, equipment... It's possible that when he "settles" down and makes golf his priority, the brilliance meter will rise.   But it is also possible that golf will not...
      http://www.theopen.com/en/News/LatestNews/2013/07/Greens-watered.aspx     Seems to me that the golfers not putting well seem to question  the greens 
  So we can add Graphite metal woods or Steel ( or perhaps iron ) metal woods. 
Well,the question was why do we call them Fairway Metals not if it is the term used is correct.   A good few years ago in Europe when the 'metals were fast replacing the more traditional woods Sky on one of it's sports channels ran a competition to give the new kid on the block a name. Fairway metal came out the runaway winner, enthusiastically backed by Euen Murray a senior Sky Sports commentator !   Perhaps we are to blame this side of the...
This article by John Feinstein sums it up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ...
  Good post.   Yes, wrong to walk off, but Rory has always been upfront with the media saying what he really feels.   Hope he comes thro' this bad patch.
Well, this thread has been revived so here's my thoughts.   Don't know if any other manufactures are shortening shafts, but Pings i20 driver shaft is at least 1/2" shorter than standard. Best driver I've had, like to think I am a touch longer with it but certainly am a little more accurate.
So this thread has been on view for over 24 hours but has only attracted about a dozen views.   Over here on the other side of the pond the Ladies European tour ( LET ) seems to be slipping of the Radar regarding TV coverage. Is this beginning to happen your side?   Posting this to try a generate some life into this thread.   Another question : what percentage of posters on Sandtrap are female?
Many posters on this thread seem to debate who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame thinking the only parameter should be the inductees golf record. Obviously this is the main parameter, but please understand the definition of the word 'Fame'                                                                                                                                                                     http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fame   This...
  So Bradley Wiggins is not a noted contributor to charity? This is just one of a few things he has started or contributed in this last year.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation.org/site/index.php