or Connect

Posts by ThominOH

Except when it comes to promoting his own tourney at the expense of the Disney one..  Rumor had it that Arnie was very aggressive in the Orlando area, in sucking up most of the golf sponsors and $$$$$$..  Orlando was in no position to sponsor 2 major tourney's anymore.. Bye Bye Disney.. TY Arnie ..
     Nice topic..  I and friends have discussed many times what is important to a course rating..  So many of my friends are into aesthetics and view.. For them that is the number 1 voting category, "how does the course look".. I on the other hand to do rate a course based on what it looks like from the camera view.. I'm a semi pro photographer and know all about pictures and beauty, but eye candy courses are lower on my grade scale.. If I was a golf course critic, this...
     I think some confuse what "tee it forward" is suppose to be about..  It's not about your handicap, it's about your capability and length.. If you are not hitting the ball long enough to reach a par 4 in two with a short to mid iron on average, then move up..  I play with people that use a 7 iron on average but spray it everywhere, that doesn't mean for them to "move" forward..  However, I've seen others that hit the ball consistently, but have to use hybrid or...
Yeah.. Arnie is really showing is age.. BUT, he likes the attention and fame..  He's starting to be golf's version of Dick Clark.. There comes a time you just need to retire and move on, and stop being a celebrity.. But can their ego's let them?   
  That is pretty much my stance.. I just feel this is just more PR political bs just to start drama, get attention and raise money.. I think it has little to do with what is best for the players and sport..
     I'm not real happy with the selection and how things went down..  Too many things rubbed me the wrong way.. I do feel that Larry Nelson got the short end of the stick in this bit of drama.. Granted, that was probably more of the media's doing then anything, but the PGA doesn't have clean hands either.. During the past months, even before Medina, people were already talking and discussing who will be the 2014 captain and why.. Obvious now, it was apparent that Tom...
Wow.. are you really this brain dead stupid? Tell us how GPS systems are not a violation of the USGA rules?  (cough)..  You sir are a hypocrite to what is a violation to the "integrity" of the game person..  You have no problem calling someone a cheater that anchors their putter, but do you have the same balls to call ALL the millions of golfers that take gimme's and use a GPS cheaters too?  or do you blindly ignore those rule violations?     As Annika pointed out today...
       I get so sick and tired of hearing shit like this.. "integrity" of the game.... How many amateurs putt out every single hole.. Lets me honest here, This anchoring thing was just a public hanging against the pro's, generated by the pro's..   If people were so uppity about the integrity and rules of the game, there would be NO GIMME's in golf..  I can safely say that 80%+ of all amateur golfers and EVEN pro's when NOT in competition pick up gimme putts.. I wonder how...
     And people wonder why golf isn't attracting the younger generation.. Maybe because the rules are so damn OLD, it's sadistic and pathetic.. The good ole boys are going to kill this industry.. Time for them to wake up.. Leagues are drying up, less and less rounds played each year, more course closings.. I can understand dress codes for work, and safety issues.. but it drives me nuts when places have them just to be anal, like country clubs and restaurants..  
    We are all familiar with the "FedEx Cup" schedule followed by the Fall schedule, which normally ends first part of November.. Then in the US we have the off season until early January.. I wanted to ask, because I think it would be good for golf and viewers if ya'll would be interested in a new "Winter" season that has no effects on stats or positioning.. The Winter schedule would be a series of 6 events using multiple team formats.. Have the off season host events of...