or Connect

Posts by pbyrne02

I am currently a 13 handicap on my home course.  All MGA events as well as our weekend dogfights are all strictly by the rules.  All handicaps are turned in and recorded.  I prefer to play strictly by the rules so I know my handicap is accurate.  We don't even concede putts, everything has to be putted out.  If you loose a ball in the leaves, you back to the tee box.  The only time I will play a round and may not record is if I am playing with my wife and kids who are...
I try to go year by year.  Last year, I tried to create a basic swing that would allow more consistency.  This year I worked again on consistency with my driver and irons and now brought my handicap from an 18 to a 13.  Next year, I am working on my short game from 80 yards in and reducing my number of putts per round.  My goal is to get closer to winning our club championship and I will only get there thru consistency.   I don't have too much time to dedicate to...
Watch Feherty's interview with Greg Norman for more clarification on the advice he would offer Tiger (overcoming adverstiy and defeat, etc) and also in the interview he covered all the so-called rumors he has heard about himself over the years.  It as a great interview.
Completely agree.  Gamemanship really has no place on the golf course.  Everyone I know that does play those games are generally a$&#oles to begin with.  When I play a match it is me against the course and then my opponent.  I practice closing out all noise or disturbences on  the course.  My kids are now beginning to play junior tournaments and when it is just us on the couse and I try to get them to concentrate, I talk and walk around them when we are just playing 18...
Breaking 80 is breaking 80 period.  Its a bar that we set, plan and simple.  The best way to look at is that you played extremely well and that your score is a personal goal.  I have not broken 80.  I have had four 80's and last week had another.  I tripled a par 3 17th hole by double kissing a wedge green side.  Took the two strokes and missed the put, but I played great all day.  Grinded out an 80 and was really proud.    Be proud of your round and strive to do it...
I have a pair of their shorts and I love them.  Very comfortable.
I had Golfers Elbow for three years and almost had to give up golf.  Did it all, straps, stretching and anti-inflamatories, nothing worked.  Had 5 cortozone shots and physical therapy, nothing.  At the end of my rope, couldn't lift anything with palm side down, life was a misery.  If I hit a golf ball a bit fat, I got shooting razorblades in the elbow.  A friend recommended acupuncture, desperate I tried it.  I was very skeptical but after a couple of sessions, the elbow...
2011 Dodge Challenger RT !  
My averages are very similar (4iron 185 to 195, driver 285) and over the past few years picked up some options.  I have a 18 and 22 degree hybrid, which I use when I want my ball flight a bit lower.  I have the 3 and 5 woods.  My 5wood is about 225/235 and by 3 wood is about 245/250.  My five wood gives me more of an advantage when I need a higher ball flight and the ball to sit softer than with the hybrid but all of this depends on the types of course you are playing. I...
I purchased the 2.0 Superfast TP stiff shaft a few months ago and love the club and am hitting more fairways.  I bought the 2.0 instead of the R11 because I did not want to start adjusting everytime something new crept into my swing.  While I don't like hitting bad shots I want to adjust the bad habits rather than the club.