or Connect

Posts by ScouseJohnny

I am firmly of the belief that if you can hit your irons, then you can play golf, and have fun playing golf. Of course, it helps if you can putt a bit, too.   People (and especially high handicappers) often worry far too much about being able to hit a driver. Where's the fun in visiting the trees or lake on the right of every fairway, or topping it 30 yards off the tee-box for 15 holes out of 18? If a 4 iron (or hybrid equivalent) finds the fairway and a respectable...
 As an expat Englishman in the States (living pretty close to Macon, GA, co-incidentally enough, given your avatar), I tend to refer to them as the British Open and the US Open. The pomposity of referring to one as "the Open" and removing the obvious geographical distinction between the two tournaments irks me. The argument that the US media tended to insert the word "British" in front of the "Open Championship" after the rise of the US Open is certainly valid. I looked in...
I was B-fit for Bridgestone E7 golf balls   Jim Furyk -12   Darren Clarke -9   Ian Poulter -10
I wish they'd better marketed the fact that the guys in store were PGA Pros. I honestly had no idea.   I have a rule of thumb when it comes to golf equipment: if I need expert knowledge, I shop at the course Pro-Shop; if I am looking for deals, I buy online. Because of this, the likes of Dick's always passed me by.
 How do you know the person who shouted that abuse was from Liverpool? That tournament was attended by people from all over the United Kingdom and the world at large. Liverpool, in my experience, (being born and bred there and having spent the first three and a half decades of my life there) is not a sectarian city. That is not to say you will not find such beliefs if you choose to go in search of them, but that statement could be true of anywhere. I am sorry that Mr....
"Good but cheap" irons = Tour Edge. The Exotics range is great. Any of the Exotics XCG series of irons would be terrific value, as they can generally picked up new on ebay or through the big online dealers for not a lot of money. I have the XCG-3s and think they are wonderful, but I think the company is up to XCG-5 or  XCG-6, now.   They sell for very low sums compared to their quality - and all because, it seems, Tour Edge has no interest in paying tour pros stupid...
 2026, aged 51? I think expectations for regular wins for any tour player are pretty much limited to the Champions' Tour at that point. For some, 50 may represent a great age within their golfing careers, (for example, it's fast becoming a golden age for Colin Montgomerie). Will Tiger be that excited by adding a Senior US Open to his haul of majors, though? 2015-2026, in his forties? I wouldn't rule out an "Indian Summer" for his career, at least for a couple of years,...
Sounds intriguing.   For the benefit of an expat watching ESPN not the BBC, please do tell (or provide a summary of some sort.....)
I'd never encountered a Scramble until I moved to the States - had to ask my American golfing buddies, "What's a Scramble?" - which caused some amusement, when they invited me to play in one.   They're good fun for what they are, I suppose - but I always play really badly, for whatever reason. I can never seem to find any rhythm.   I play in one or two charity/work scrambles a year. The only time I'll have a couple of beers on the golf course, a couple more in the...
 No offence, mate, but what is the source of that information? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to see where that information comes from. I researched this guy online for a little while, and didn't find anything like that. [EDIT:  whoops, I saw in the quote above that he mentioned it himself] I saw his Youtube video from the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8KBgUfjHEg Ha, that's a proper Wirral accent right there. Good luck to this fella working in...