or Connect

Posts by ScouseJohnny

Well, that's the gamble he took, I guess.
I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the Tiger threads here, but I do wonder whether his Nike contract will have a role to play in Tiger's future decisions.   I tried to find out when his current deal expires, but details are obscure...   http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-07-17/tiger-woods-signs-fourth-golf-endorsement-contract-with-nike   "Woods’s agent, said...that he expected [the] contract to keep the 14-time major tournament winner with the...
Of course, there is always Plan B which might work out cheaper than a repair...   http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141322964370?lpid=82&chn=ps   Cost of the shipping seems a little "hot" though...Maybe you can keep your eye on fleabay and find a better deal.   And, if you own a hacksaw, you end up with a spare 6 iron Di11 head to use as a really cool paperweight.
I think I'd just take it along to the pro shop. Experience has taught me that even if a pro no longer re-shafts clubs, he will, most likely, have a business card for someone local that does do club repair.   From what you have described, I'd guess the shaft is bent, too. I'm guessing you have steel shafts in your Staff D11s? I don't see any reason why a skilled clubmaker couldn't reset the proper angle of the ferrule and then re-shaft the club.
I take your point, but I wasn't really talking about high-end private courses. I mean courses that are not publicly owned (i.e. not municipals or courses on military bases) - but which are technically private courses that allow the public to show up and pay & play. Some interesting stats (OK, this data is from 2012, but that's still fairly recent): http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/golf-in-the-usa/by-the-numbers-usa-golfers-and-golf-courses/  Total golf courses, public...
Maybe beating Jack's record meant much more to him as a young man, than it does to him now, as he stands on the cusp of middle age?   Or maybe he got bored one evening, logged onto the Sandtrap's Jack vs Tiger thread, read it in its entirety, and said: "Mission accomplished, I'm the GOAT."   Joking aside - maybe it is just general fatigue. He's nearly 40, is the undisputed greatest golfer of his generation, has won pretty much everything there is to win, has...
I think the biggest threat to golf (and other recreational activities, too) is still a couple of decades down the road.   I play most of my golf midweek (I have a fairly flexible work schedule, and often work weekends). I'm in my late 30s, and it often feels like I'm the youngest person on the course, by some distance. The course may be quite busy, but the matches are all made up of seniors.   Chatting to the older players, a lot of them have retired from jobs which,...
Maybe he's not the new Tiger. Maybe he's the new Jack. Didn't it take people a while to warm to Jack, back in the 1960s?
 Well then, all the PGA Tour has to do is convince its members and the viewing public that the Players is a more significant tournament than the U.S. Open and your complaint would be resolved....
I haven't read all 7 pages of this, but the general gist of it seemed to be a problem about cheating when the OP was playing friendly rounds with his father, not issues of cheating in tournaments.   I have had similar experiences when playing with friends (not, I am pleased to say, when playing with my Dad, who is as honest as the day is long).   The easiest solution, I find, is to just play matchplay. When you are playing against the other player, even in a friendly...