or Connect

Posts by ScouseJohnny

I imagine Mr. Olsen has had a letter or a phone call or an email....   But news stories like this remedy the situation far better than litigation:   http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/02/tiger-woods-drugs-suspension-claim-withdrawn
 No idea about the veracity of the source, but is this what you're on about? http://thegame730am.com/pga-golfer-dan-olsen-says-tiger-woods-is-armstrong-of-golf/
Interesting question, thank you to those who clarified the rules. To be honest though, if I'd be the fellow who mistakenly picked up my opponent's ball, I'd have probably conceded the hole when the mistake was realized, tournament or not. 
 [Shrug] So bloody what? Some might say casting aspersions on a cyclist's integrity in a golf forum is prima facie "off topic" in the first place. To be honest, I'm slightly surprised this thread exists at all (a thread established to encourage discourse on unproven rumours of cheating through use of performance enhancing drugs by a top athlete, when, so far as I know, no proceedings have ever been brought against that player by the professional association under whose...
 LeMond rode clean.
 Er....chuckle.... Maybe it has a lot more to do the genetics than anything else, vague guesses at steroid usage included. Look at the photograph of Earl Woods in his army officer's uniform: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Woods How old is he in that photograph? Late 30s? Maybe 40? A big, powerfully built man, with a receding hairline. Back to the topic of Tiger's possible retirement, an interesting piece in today's Guardian, "Tiger Woods is the embodiment of a spent...
I grew tired of this lazy acceptance of cheating in scrambles, which is why I no longer play in them. Once you've decided that cheating is OK in scrambles then why bother hitting out of the bunker at all - why not just pick it up and throw it on the green? Tacitly accepting that there are, apparently, acceptable "degrees of cheating" in scrambles is slightly more depressing than the cheating itself. As many people here have noted, even scrambles have rules. If the rules...
Matchplay.   My playing partner always has an accurate, up-to-date mental record of my score during any given hole....and the same goes for me in terms of his score...
 The broken leg was seven years ago, wasn't it? There's a huge difference between 32 and 39 years of age. A 32 year old man is still a young man; a 39 year old man is middle-aged or, at least, on the cusp of middle age. The 39 year old Tiger, now plagued with a history of back injury, is probably smart enough to work out that stubbornness with a back injury might equal the end of his career or another lengthy lay-off (which could amount to the same thing). Does he really...
 I think that but for the unlucky fluke of hitting the pin on the 15th, he'd have definitely added #15 at the 2013 Masters. Sheer bad luck. And that may have provided the impetus for more. Right now another five must seem like a very ponderous task indeed. On the one hand, reason enough to retire; on the other, I severely doubt whether Tiger scrutinizes the quality of the field in British Opens of the 1960s when arriving at a judgment as to whether he is the GOAT yet -...