or Connect

Posts by ScouseJohnny

Then he'd better chip a ball into the pond next time he's on the practice ground. When you invoke them by name, they usually demand tribute. Anyway, congratulations to Mr. Johnson.
On the golf course, the Golf Gods will have no other Gods before them. He should be careful...
I voted "yes," because, logically, it shouldn't matter when a grand slam begins - Tiger commenced his with the US Open of 2000 and ended it with the Masters of 2001. Why should a "grand slam" (holding all four majors at one time), always have to commence with a Masters victory? Also, to suggest this wasn't a grand slam would seem to raise an argument that the winner of any major championship only holds that title until the end of the calendar year in which the particular...
I agree with you. I really think (and hope) we will be seeing history made this year...
What accent?
 I think there is a sort of sociological idea of collectivism in supporting a football team - a unity or shared identity between its fans, if you will. Even though I live in the US these days, if I walked into a bar and saw someone wearing an LFC shirt (and yes, it does happen), I'd stop and talk to them. For the most part, that's a good thing, although the history of soccer has shown, however, that it is important to keep things in perspective - in order that this does...
 Who the heck does he think he is? A private individual, playing in a golf tournament, reacting to his own performance however he chooses. He doesn't owe anything to anybody, with the possible exception of his sponsors - to whom I'd say he's simply obligated to show up and try his best. I have no doubt he's trying his best. Look, being a "fan" of a particular golfer isn't like supporting a football team. I'm a massive Liverpool FC fan, a team which has just had, it has to...
 Considering he was the finest British golfer of his generation, and he's rumoured to be playing his final British Open (a tournament he won three times), I think he has every right to be out there. His playing partners have nothing to complain about (and I suspect they are not).
Sorry if this is a stupid question - but what's he putting with?
 Well, that's the gamble he took, I guess.