or Connect

Posts by rustyredcab

Been off the forum for a few months...   Why aren't more people copying Moe Norman's swing?   I don't know why. I can glean some insight from my (then teenage) son as he said, "I don't care how well it works. I think that swing looks goofy. I don't want to look goofy." In his defense, my swing looked awkward for a few years because it felt uncomfortable to me.   I discovered "Natural Golf" back in the days when it was mostly a front to sell clubs. I took private...
Football: It is now or never -- unlikely to play football after high school and zero chance you will be playing when you are 22. That said, even just two years of high school football messed up my knees, hands, hips... I was too small to play varsity but played every down for two years and loved it. As others have said, it is a real team sport. I still recall the best game I ever played (as an individual) was a game my team lost by a lot.   Golf: If you make the golf...
Thank goodness the weather stinks.   My elbow was impacted on the outside and the only thing I do to potentially cause injury is golf. After therapy I am luck enough that there are nearly zero lingering effects. I don't wear a strap but likely will if playing a lot. I also hope to limit shots on mats for a while and, if it ever gets nice, avoid ranges with hard dirt. Or at least hit fewer balls from hard surfaces.   My advise is find a PT you trust and do as they say....
True Linkswear Stealth. 2013's are awesome and, since they are discontinued, they are for sale for $70 at RBG. I thought the 2011's were great at $200 and 2013's are even better.
Hope it went great for you.   Go 100% all in. Take the advise and buy in all the way. No holding on to a little of this or that from your old swing. I have watched guys at golf school try and do "most" of what they are being told. 100% or it will not work.   If you find you will not trust your pro 100%, find a new pro.
To be clear, the course is dry but your rented house is your house. So if beer while playing matters (as it does to some of my buddies) then skip this place.
I love the golf at Lawsonia in Green Lake WI -- 2.5 hours from O'Hare. Two wonderful courses and, while very affordable, among my favorite places to play at any price. They held the PGA there about 70 years ago. The Links course is a wonderful design that I've come to appreciate more the more I play it. The golf is one of the great deals I've ever found. The courses are located on a large property called The Green Lake Conference Center. They have lots of on-site lodging...
Deep in woods after tee shot and about 170 to the pin. Can't go backward, sideways either way -- total jail. So caddie advises that we mine as well hit and hope toward the green. There is no place to drop and re-tee would take us out of the hole. I'm a 18 handicap and the only thing I have in common with Seve is that we both have an "s" on our first names.   Choke up on a 3-wood to try and keep ball under the first tree directly in front of me. Shot goes over, under and...
Why I do want to work out and be in better shape as it relates to my golf swing:   Stamina -- when I'm in good shape, my swing does not change through the round as fatigue sets in like it does when I'm not working out. Extra strength and flexibility allow me to maintain the feelings from the range and from early in the round. Fat me is starting to drag on hot days sometime after the turn -- that can not be good for a repeatable and consistent swing.   Odd shots --...
I got in great shape a few years back, lost weight fast, and also lost my swing a bit. Here is my theory: the added flexibility and strength changed the feelings of my correct positions. So, while I felt like I was turning, bring the club back, etc. the same, it was not the same. After some extensive range work with video, I played better than ever.   Bad news is I found all the weight that I lost -- almost all anyway. So now I have been relearning my fat-guy swing and...