or Connect

Posts by Drew Chung

oh..and the reason why i want to cut the shaft are for 2 reasons...   1) i love the feel of the ball being closer to my as i feel more comfortable standing closer with a more upright swing 2) with the regular shaft i tend to swing fast at times so i don't want the club to lag so much and produce a slice
First, I apologize for starting up my 3rd thread in about 2 months regarding drivers.   I'm at a different stage of my game and driver.   i'm currently hitting a stiff shaft 9 degree.. 68 grams.. Ping Rapture   when i hit it good, i can hit this thing 270 i'd say about....when i hit it bad high fade, when i hit it really bad (shank) complete slice, embarrassing.   tomorrow i'm going to pick up my Ping G15, 9 degree regular shaft. I'm thinking of cutting...
awesome...   well, my 2 friends outdrive me by about 30 to 60 yards if we equally hit it good. that's huge. i'm driving it 230 to 250 and they're hitting it 260-280. that's a big difference and they both hit that consistently well.   i went out and shot the best score in a long time yesterday with the proforce shaft ping rapture... shot an 81...i was even going into 9 and ended up tripling that hole. but although i played and scored well...i was still being out driven by...
interesting feedback guys...   donkeyshark...thanks...that was descriptive...definitely intuitive information...for as long as i've played i never really took the time to understand the mechanics and mathematics of the swing etc...it's absolutely intriguing me right now as i'm constantly (for the past 3 months) re-working my driver.   that's really interesting that you mentioned an 11.5 regular shaft....i was using the Ping K15 - 10.5 degree regular shaft and i...
Some of you know from my previous threads, i've been toying with a bunch of different drivers. today, i swapped out again at roger dunns...went from a ping G15 - 9 degree - regular shaft to the Ping Rapture V2 (Tungsten weight) with the ProForce V2 stiff shaft..   My average swing speed currently is 86. I think it's a bit higher, maybe 89 as i hit a handful at 92 and the shanked shots were at 83. but anyways...i swapped it out because i was hitting my G15 9 degree...
  cool.   well i'm frustrated as all heck right now. this is the 3rd driver i've changed in the past 2 months.   driver 1: ping G15 10.5 stiff shaft driver 2: ping K15 10.5 regular shaft driver 3: ping G15 9.0 regular shaft   i'm hitting the 9 degree now with the stock regular shaft and although i hit it straight as straight can be...i'm hitting it 250 max. i'll sneak in a 260 maybe..i think... but  240-250 seems to be average.   the thing that is frustrating is...i'm a...
well said...i agree.   here in LA...it got close to a 100 i think about 2 weeks ago...i walked 18 and felt like i walked 54...it was grueling...my clothes were drenched with sweat..i got a tan line that looks hilarious, i probably lost about 5lbs...but man...my feet were aching and i was hurting that night. i thought i was going to get a heat stroke. ran out of water...no snack cart anywhere to be found...i got to the last hole and this couple in a cart offered me there...
looks like the consensus is walking. i can definitely understand riding if you have a bad back or it's just too hot and humid...100s. especially when the course is hilly.   i think if you're not injured and the weather permits, the course should be walked for all the reasons you guys mentioned.   i just got back into this game from a long lay off...started back up 3 months ago and i've walked everytime...it's a good 5 mile walk everytime and i think i lost about...
i walk ...i will never ride a cart again unless i'm in some company tourney and everyone rides.   but i think this game was meant to be walked on, not driven on.   i noticed at my public course...they had a shortage of carts for about 2 months and the course was pretty much empty...then they got new carts and it's unbearable. 5 to 6 hour rounds.   do you guys walk it or ride it?
i vote yes and no!   not everyone's gonna be satisfied. i find two things funny about clothing on the golf course.   1) people who are decked out in golf gear...you look at them and they look like they can play well and really well, then on the 1st tee they duck hook it or slice or duff it about 50 yrds on the ground. can't play worth a dime but they look good doing it?   2) i have a friend who wears basketball shoes, shorts and a armor shirt that keeps you...