or Connect

Posts by rb224315

"Most Valuable Part of Your Game" -- a good way to put the question since the most valuable part of *the* game is different for each player based on his/her progress toward improving their skills.   If a player can't drive the ball without slicing it off into the trees, he might consider driving to be most important.  On the other hand, the short game & putting would still save some strokes as he recovers from driving trouble.   If I'm able to drive the ball...
  I don't think I understand this.  What is meant by saying "feel is not real"?  Does it mean that there's no such thing as a "feel player" or does it mean that there is often a disconnect between what a player thinks he feels in his swing vs. what is actually happening?
As with so many other things in life, major failures in the golf swing are almost always due to multiple factors.  In this gentleman's case, I'm guessing the instructor started addressing them in the natural order and would solve the different swing problems one at a time.   I didn't see a picture or video of his grip, so I don't know exactly how strong his original grip was.  I've seen guys (including my bro-in-law) whose grips are so strong that their right thumb...
I've played a lot of bad golf over the years but feel like I've made a discovery which will lead to improvement this year.  Take my ramblings for what they're worth; hopefully something in my experience will translate to your enjoyment of the game.   My humble opinion:  First ensure that your setup, grip, posture, etc. are all ok.  Very few, if any, of these will cause huge problems if you're off by 1/4" here or there.  For example, I don't believe that a person will...
  Good points--they pretty well line up with what I've read and experienced.  Thanks for your thoughts.   I was at the range twice yesterday, once at lunch and then after work.  After lunch I was ready to quit the game, again.     After thinking it over during the afternoon, thinking specifically about the concept of the body providing the impetus for the swing, I went to the range in the evening to figure out how to get the sensation of having the body drive the swing....
Sorry for the long post.  It's early in the season and I'm a bit frustrated already.  Hoping for some improvement this year and I humbly seek your advice.     Regarding the subject of this post--I saw it on a t-shirt many years ago.  My game is no better now than it was 15 years ago and I'm getting frustrated.   Technically speaking, my swing looks ok.  My setup, grip, backswing, etc. appear to be decent.  A number of people have told me that my swing looks...
Here is a slow motion version.  
I set it to "unlisted".  Thanks for the heads-up.
  I've been Playing Golf for:​ 25 years since my first round, but played more than 2 rounds in only about 5 of those years. My current handicap index or average score is:  95 My typical ball flight is:  Reasonably straight but not terribly long.  My 6 iron carries 165 on average. The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  Fat & thin shots; I don't hook or slice a whole lot.   I'm looking for more consistent contact and the elusive...
  The short version of a long story:  My latest "eureka!" moment is the same as yours--pausing at the top has led to a lot better consistency.   The long version:   I played a lot of golf in the late '90s.  Still played after getting married in late 2001 but when kids came along (and after going back to school in 2010) my golfing basically stopped.  I've played on average 1 round per year since about '06.     I had one of those moments 2 years ago when preparing for a...