or Connect

Posts by x129

The problem is that you have named Jack competition.  Those top 10 or so guys were able to carve up all the majors between them because players 25-150 just were not as good as the guys out their today.   Compare people to their peers. Jack was clearly better than his cotemporaries but not by the margin that Tiger was.    At this point the only interesting part is going to be when Tiger is sitting on 83 wins and 19 majors and people are trying to come up with reasons why...
I also like hot fudge trickling down my sundae. Doesn't mean I have to believe in trickle down economics since they are unrelated matters.   The confederacy approach has been tried 2x in American history. Didn't work too well either time.  Just for a random example for something that isn't on your list, I think it would suck to have to deal with 50 different currencies. I am think it would also suck to have 50 different environmental laws. It would suck if every...
Unfortunately the facts don't back you up. in 2009 the budget defict was 1.4 trillion. It is down to 1.1 trillion.  There are 600k less government jobs now than there were in 2009. Private sector jobs are up slightly (something like 500k).     
Fine call it majority. Doesn't change the fact that there are very strict limits on what a president can do. If Obama had wanted single payer health care, he couldn't have passed some executive order to do it. A CEO can make those choices. Feel free to name a list of great presidants who were businessman. Here is a partial list of winners choose from: GW Bush, Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover   As far as the president abusing executive orders people have been whining about...
Why didn't the old person take care of themselves? They had 50 years to prepare for retirement. It is a lot harder for a 3 year old to prepare themselves for being born to a poor mom.   No one buys booze or cigs with EBT cards. They buy them with the cash they save from using EBT cards. If the VA has work available, they would have no problem hiring people to fill those jobs. Having the government provide free labor is a real bad idea. Read about the prison work programs...
The ordinary income tax rate was over 90%. But it isn't an apples to apples comparision. There was an incredible amount of tax shelters and the like. Great for accountants. Not so much for the economy. If you look at the stats from back then guys making over 1 million paid about 30% (note 1 million back then is probably more like 10 today) while in 2011 the number for that guy (actually 5 million but close enough) was a bit over 22%.     The government is not a business....
You must have been under a cliff for the past 6 months and missed all the discussion of how companies like Bain (and every other private equity/hedge fund) use carried interest and the like to get capital gains tax rates instead of ordinary income.  Here is a link . Now the practice is more or less legal. You can debate if it is "fair".  It is actually pretty hard to get long term capital gains on stock options. With ISOs your run into problems with the AMT (and besides...
Why are you in favor of helping the elderly and the disabled? Shouldn't they have planned better so they wouldn't need help? After all at some point people have to take responsibility for themselves and not expect someone else to pay for their mistakes?      Very few people hate the rich and if punishment is making 16 million a year, sign me up. People do hate giving millions of government dollars to private individuals as bonuses though.  Funny how the people that are ok...
The number of people who are not tied to an area is super small. You can't relocate your accounting, dental, law, or medical practice without having to build your customer base from zero. Your contracting business is going to be where houses need work. And so on. Phil happens to be a guy that could move. He would still owe CA when he plays in CA but that is a minimal part of his income.   For most mortals, taxes are not the problem in CA. The price of housing is.  
You might want to look at the video again. Pollack wouldn't have been close to hitting the throat or jaw. And launching is a bit of stretch. Now if it was worth it for Pollack to deliver the head butt or not is hard to say. Maybe he felt that Pollack would have put a helmet on the ball. Or probably the likely result is that he just reacted in the .1th of second and what happened happened.