or Connect

Posts by carrx

I'm definitely interested.  Dates aren't as important (yet), but generally the later in the year, the better.  Empire Lakes would be a great choice, that's not a far haul for me. I could probably scrape together 1 or 2 other guys, all legit mid cappers (10 - 12).  Just let me know.
When I went from the Titleist 975D (5600 rpm backspin - measured at Callaway fitting studio in Carlsbad) to the Ping i15 (3200 rpm (measured at Roger Dunn Santa Ana), I noticed an immediate difference in distance (20+ yards of carry).  I used to hit a low "climber" that the old timers used to love watching, but my carry was maybe 230, even worse with any wind.  With the improved spin rates on the i15, the same swing moves me to 250+ carry (probably 260 max).  My swing...
 Spoke with Rob Gallagher from Edel Golf.  The fitting is not included in the price of the putter, and they give autonomy to the fitters to charge what they want.  He did give Matt Mora a strong endorsement as a fitter, for what that's worth.
 The concern is fair, and is shared by me.  Surely a private studio in LA has a high overhead cost that needs to be maintained, and I'm guessing that feeds the cost.  I will call Rob Gallagher (Edel rep) back today to revisit the issue with him, and will report back when I have more info. I'd always kind of figured the putter operation would cost about $500, whether that's $165/$335 or $50/$450.  I will keep you posted.
Sort of.  The  premise (as it was explained to me) is you pay for the putter and the fitting at the same time.  So if the putter costs $350 (including the type/model, stamping, finish, etc), your total cost is $515.  I suppose the fitting is worth what you're willing to pay for it.  They're the only "certified" Edel fitter in the LA area (except maybe Brent Mann, who per this thread apparently doesn't return phone calls), or driving to San Diego or Bakersfield.  I'd gladly...
By most accounts 1-hour should cover it.
 I'm looking into a So Cal fitting as well.  Called Edel first, they directed me to Matt Mora at UGP in LA.  They're not yet "certified" to fit the Torque Balanced putter line, but are now trained up on the "Classic" putter line.  Apparently Dave Edel himself was out to train Matt in the Edel system, and fairly recently, but Matt's account.  Anyway, he's all set up and ready to go.  Charges $165 for the fitting (NOT included in the putter price, FYI) if it takes an hour,...
Congrats! 
Maybe you can buy him a gag gift for his birthday, or for Father's Day.  Like a calculator, so you can be sure he knows how to add.  Also, I'm a big fan of the informal ribbing during a round.  Playing strictly by the rules isn't for everybody - certainly some folks just can't enjoy the game if they aren't as good as they'd like to be...but cheating in a tournament shows a lack of honor, which is an unpardonable sin.    With so many cliches out there about the...
  Your example doesn't rightly qualify as sandbagging.  Guys may get lumped in with real baggers if they occasionally play better than their index, but that can happen with a mid-capper who is improving.  A 30 handicap shouldn't be able to shoot 12 over, but that's at least possible, in a certain context.  A real sandbagger is a sinister thing, for to consistently maintain an index that is higher than your ability and effort might merit, you must either consciously fail...