or Connect

Posts by carrx

"My hosel is ridiculous" sounds like it should be on a T-shirt. How do you like the Pixl insert? 
GD, how are you liking the Pixl insert?  Good feel?
 Yup, that's the one.  Different hosel, but same putterhead.  I will post pics when she arrives.
 Not...likely.
Had the fitting done yesterday with Matt Mora from Urban Golf in LA.  Myself and my buddy Andrew (aka "The Soss") scheduled back to back with him.   First, the studio.  It's a hip place, very small facility (converted house, maybe 1100 square feet) right on Sepulveda in LA (just south of Olympic).  There's a small parking lot adjacent to the property, with only 3 spots available.  One of their guys happily took my keys and played valet (my car moved twice during my two...
 Fitting for clubs, for most players, won't bring about much of a change, certainly not in the short term.  Setting aside the variable of quality of the fitters themselves, playing with clubs that are the optimal fit for a player's size and fundamentals actually provides a pretty sizeable benefit.  I myself was fit at the Callaway studio in Carlsbad 4 years ago.  My wife bought me the fitting as a birthday present. Until that time, I had been "fitted" in a retail golf...
LA Fitting Update - Some other posters have already referenced Urban Golf and Matt Mora.  He charges $165 for the hour fitting session.  I am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.  I am bringing another golfer with me, and we're scheduled back to back.  I attempted to negotiate a discount, he offered me $150 for the hour (each), or 10% off a purchase, if we elect to buy (I intend to).   I will try to get the $150 and the 10% discount, stay tuned.   Also, something else...
 You're spot on.  I'm definitely delivering a descending blow at impact.  I've improved some over the past couple of years, but now I have two young ones at home, and the practice tee has largely been sacrificed.  I'm fortunate to be pretty consistent, but my next driver purchase will definitely be targeting something with a lower spin rate. Good analysis!
I'm definitely interested.  Dates aren't as important (yet), but generally the later in the year, the better.  Empire Lakes would be a great choice, that's not a far haul for me. I could probably scrape together 1 or 2 other guys, all legit mid cappers (10 - 12).  Just let me know.
When I went from the Titleist 975D (5600 rpm backspin - measured at Callaway fitting studio in Carlsbad) to the Ping i15 (3200 rpm (measured at Roger Dunn Santa Ana), I noticed an immediate difference in distance (20+ yards of carry).  I used to hit a low "climber" that the old timers used to love watching, but my carry was maybe 230, even worse with any wind.  With the improved spin rates on the i15, the same swing moves me to 250+ carry (probably 260 max).  My swing...