or Connect

Posts by Gopher1000

I agree re: the feel. I use a Redwood Anser that I bought on ebay in mint condition for $140, which at the time was over 50% off. Because they are not subjected to as much wear and tear as the other clubs, I think putters are great for buying used, especially if you are looking to get a higher priced model at a nice discount. Slap a new grip on and they are basically brand new.
With longer irons (e.g. 4, 5, 6) would it be a good idea to choke up or have them shortened? You wouldn't lose any loft and it seems to me that a lighter/shorter club may be more manageable. I built my own driver (bought a G10 head and shaft separate) and had Golf Galaxy shorten the shaft so it plays around 44". I get more distance and accuracy w/ the shorter driver than I did w/ a stock TM Burner that came with a 46" shaft. Just thinking out loud...
Not sure if this type of concern has been posted elsewhere in the forum, but I have been experiencing upper back pain primarily along my spine between my shoulders. It's to the point where the spine is tender and painful if direct force is applied. It has been sort of a chicken-or-the-egg question for me as I have never been sure if it was caused by golf or if golf just irritates it. I have gone to the doctor a couple times and even had an x-ray and blood work done and...
I voted 9-10. Seven of his last eight major tourament rounds (Masters; US Open) have been absolutley dominating. Couple an amazing swing/game with (i) a wide open field (see last four major champs prior to Rory's US Open victory), (ii) the continued decline of the old guard (e.g. Tiger, Phil, etc.) and (iii) his age, and I think you have the right conditions for him to go on quite a run. I can't wait to watch his career unfold. Golf needs a new "Tiger"...basically...
Great video--thanks!!    
Re: Flipping -- I feel like I suffer from the same thing. I hit really high shots (usually with a draw). While I love the high shots, it creates distance problems within the bag, especially at longer yardages (180+). Are there any good explanations/instructions/videos on how to correct flipping? Thanks!    
Other than a "mindset" (which is helpful), is there any other tip or double check (in your setup or otherwise) to ensure you are getting yourself in position to properly execute these types of swings? I have the same problem as Spacklers where, even with correct ball position, I will get one swing down and the other comes unglued. A lot of times if I am hitting my irons well I tend to hit low hooks with the driver. On the range it is not as bad as it is easy to get into...
Thanks for posting this video! I am new to the (excellent) site and relatively new to the game. My primary goal right now is to learn "my" swing and figure out the best way to make solid and consistent contact. I can pure a ball at times, but the wide variety of misses is the primary point of frustration. I feel like my swing changes a lot in an attempt to generate more power to gain distance. The "sledgehammer" idea was interesting in that it does seem like a natural...