or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

Think about it like this:  Have you ever played in a scramble?  Isn't it a good strategy to let the weaker players play first?  That way they are not only under less pressure, but if one of them makes a good shot, then the better players on the team can go for broke without any downside.  If you make the "D" player play last after nobody has really hit a very good shot, he might as well not even bother.  There have been a few times when I as the "A" or "B" player had to...
 For those of us with a less legal background, what is SLAPP and why would Woods become liable when he is the aggrieved party in the first place.  
  The negative aspect of this philosophy is that you then are putting more pressure on what should be the "safe" shot.   If you play the hybrid first and put in good shape, then pressure is off with the driver and you can swing away without the confidence of knowing that you have a fall back position.  If your first shot with the hybrid is off, you still get a second chance with the easier club, and you already just had a practice shot with that club.   If you play driver...
 That still  doesn't make him the Player.  He is the caddie and his job is fairly well defined in the rules.  The caddie is never the player.  The player is the only one who can make a stroke.  He is the only one upon whom a penalty can fall, no matter if the error was committed by him or by his caddie.  The reason for that list is not to create instances where the caddie can become the player, but to define some acts which the caddie can perform for the player.
Joe is a worse than bogey golfer.  I think that the one intangible here is how he performs when the pressure is on.  I've played quite a few scrambles over the years, and I see it in myself and others, when you have 3 or 4 other guys to back you up and you still cave - I've been on teams where every player missed a supposedly simple 5 foot putt.  Now you are a bogey golfer and all you have is yourself and two shots to make it good.  As a 20 capper, you have days when you...
The player is exactly what it sounds like.  It's the person whose ball or act is being referred to by the rule being discussed.  If more than one person is involved, then the other person is the player's partner, his opponent (in match play), or his fellow competitor (in stroke play).  I assume that you know that a caddie is not a player, even though he is subject to many of the same rules.
 I'd go with this, although not all club pros are created equal.  Once in my life, about 6 years ago while I carried a 12 handicap, I beat my head pro straight up for 18 holes, but I was playing way over my head that day.  I was 3 under par through 11 holes, something I'd never done before in my life.  Even after the wheels started to wobble on 12 I still managed to finish with a 4 over par 76 to beat him by 2, so I have to feel that anything is possible.
 But in that case they aren't obstructions, so they would be treated the same as any other bush.  Although I suppose it's possible, this is something I've never seen.  I can't see any logical reason for such a designation for an obstruction which is deliberately placed where it will regularly be in play.  The only time I've found them to be an obstacle to play is when they are immovable stakes and just incidentally happen to lie in the line of play.   On every course I've...
 I see it like this.  I paid $35 for the season.  The season in Colorado is 8 months - March 15 through November 14.  That breaks down to $4.38 per month.  That seems pretty cheap for any sort of a subscription any more.  It sure isn't worth worrying about.  I want my handicap to be official just for my own information.  I don't even have any plans to play any tournaments at the moment, although I will likely try to partner with one of my old buddies to play as a guest...
 For 22 years I was a member of a men's club that played tournaments at a public course, but was not affiliated with the course.  Now I have joined an association in conjunction with my Colorado Avid Golfer Passport to keep a GHIN handicap.  Most regions have an association of some sort available that will allow them to maintain a legitimate handicap.