or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

Yes.  I guess a lot depends on your personality, but I think it is quite attainable.  I set my sights on realistic achievements, and I am totally satisfied when I hit those marks.  When I shot 73 and made my first ace on the same weekend in the 1989 club championship (while carrying a legitimate 16 handicap), I was beyond just satisfied.   The converse to your question is that absolute frustration is also attainable.  I've been experiencing that lately, so I can testify...
 His ball can't be "away" if she hasn't put a ball in play. As a side note:  If she had played and hit her ball out of bounds, she would have played a stroke and even though she is playing again from tee, with the option of teeing the ball, he is now away as both players have started play on the hole.  In this case it doesn't matter that she doesn't yet have a ball in play.  The fact that she played a stroke means that both players have begun play on the hole.  The same...
 And the handicap one takes to the course is modified from his index based on the course slope and rating.  The system breaks down when there is no rating to adjust to.  Every course that uses the USGA handicap system has a rating and a slope that modify the handicap index.  When those numbers are not available as in the UK, then how does a player really know what his course handicap is? One's index can easily be increased by 2 or 3 strokes when converted with the course...
Not a chance in the world that I'd buy for the house, except in a case like my first one.  That was during the club championship, earned me half of a $2400 pot (two of aced the same hole the same day), and I split the cost of a keg with the other guy, and only for the guys in the tournament, many of whom had already left the course by the time I made it.     The second one I made I didn't even have to buy for the couple I was playing with.  We finished at 11 AM, and all...
 Sounds to me like they are just negligent.  There is no way that Keystone can't afford to to properly mark and mow the course to make it playable.  At $150 per round for the River Course (and $125 for the Ranch) in prime time, they are clean out of my price range.  My home muni can stake and paint every hazard - a big resort like Keystone with two 18 hole courses certainly ought to be able to do a better job of it.
 Nope, not up in the air.  If the margin of the water hazard is marked to include the tall grass, then it's part of the hazard.  If not then it's just rough and a ball lost in it is lost.  It is for exactly this sort of situation that the USGA makes that recommendation so that if the ball is not found, it can't be any place but in the hazard.
 You have to consider the fact that the US media is nothing if not politically correct.  The modern media will take just about any steps deemed necessary to avoid anything  resembling controversy.  The mere thought of being criticized for using the appellation "British Open" would make the modern sports media cringe.  Now that they have started to use the title, it will probably spread, but such changes don't happen overnight.  Too many of us uncouth Americans grew up with...
No relationship, despite what you thought you saw from my first post.  Today I started with a par, yet still mixed in 4 doubles from 9 through 18.  Also during that 10 hole run I had 5 pars and one bogey.  10 pars altogether, with 4 doubles and 4 bogies.   Yesterday I played 9 holes (granted that it was the first time I'd touched a club since March), started with a bogey (lipped out a 6 footer for par on my first stroke with a putter in 4 months), then had 3 triples and...
 It would be the opponents responsibility to be where the game is being played.  If they choose to leave the field while the match is still active, then they really shouldn't get any special consideration.
Nope.  I've had good starts that went bad, and horrid starts that became good rounds.  What I have more trouble with is if I start well, then have a couple of early blowups to turn the round south.  It's harder for me to regain focus and recover some good from that.