or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

I rarely clean my ball before putting, aside from brushing off anything adhering to it, but I do clean it with my damp towel between holes.  If I have any pet peeve, it's the guy who decides to start pumping the ball cleaner as I'm starting my backswing on the tee.
 You might try cutting back on the "old man" crap.  And you might consider learning how to play efficiently from those "experienced" players.  I don't play from the forward tees (yet), and I've played a couple of courses where the gold tees are the tips, so you might consider what you are going to say before you start typing.   I'm 68, but I've been playing ready golf for more than 25 years, long before I was your "old man".  Yes I will sometimes play at very nearly the...
 You make some assumptions which may or may not have any validity.  As far as the ball being semi buried when dropped, a lot depends on the bunker - firmness, shape, location taking relief from, etc.  It is possible that the ball just trickles into a bunker and falls in and stops against the back lip, with no swing that would allow you to advance the ball, and with no real option as to where you drop.  You could be forced to drop into a lie where you are hitting from the...
 When we were in Venice walking down the sidewalk, a guy just walked over and whipped it out and relieved himself in the canal right in front of my wife and me.  Sorry but if that's a cultural standard, I want no part of it.
 I need to see you back up that statement.  My Galaxy S5 (Verizon) was in the neighborhood of $600 - a bit less with a 2 year contract.  You aren't likely to find them with many people on the government dole.
 More Samsung phones are sold worldwide than iPhones, along with LG, Nokia, etc (not to mention tablets), and the majority are on Android.  It should be in Garmin's best interests to port to Android - they should certainly have the resources to do it, and do it right.  If they don't somebody will jump to fill that need, and Garmin will be seen as little more than an Apple subsidiary - not good for the reputation they have built as the leader in consumer GPS.  Most of the...
 Nicklaus may have been the example I've usually tried to emulate, but at times he has been known to put his foot in his mouth.  With putting, there is only one right way, and that is to impact the ball with the putter face square to the line and with the right speed.  How one accomplishes that is not that critical as long as he is consistent.  I use my conventional interlock grip with the putter just as I always have with the rest of my clubs.   I just recently changed to...
 Come on, let's at least be reasonable.  I'm 68 years old and I have the usual "old man's disease", yet I can hold it until I find a proper facility, and most courses have either a rest room or port-a-john strategically placed, usually at least once on each side, as well as the clubhouse at the turn.  I rarely have to pee more than once in the 4 to 5 hours that it takes to play a round of golf, so it can always be taken care of appropriately for a public setting.  I will...
 A lot more unpleasantness is caused by foursomes who mistakenly believe that they have the right to be a log jam on the course.  Talk about an archaic policy.  That is contrary both to common sense and to the Etiquette section in the Rules of Golf.  From the Etiquette chapter:  By the way, I've NEVER played a course with such a questionable policy.
 Read my post above.  This is allowed under the rules unless the committee has made it a condition of the competition to not allow it.  It is allowed in casual or in tournament play as long as it does not cause undue delay.  Since most of only do this when we are waiting anyway, it's perfectly legal under the rules.