or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

Hopefully he will never lose that emotional connection to the game.  To me it just shows how deeply meaningful it is for him win at Augusta.  To be in a position to be at or near the top of your chosen profession is special, and I like that he can let it show.
 It's not cheating unless his intent is to defraud someone.  It's just dishonesty, and in reality he's only lying to himself. Leave him to his fantasy, or tell him to open his wallet put some money on the game, then you have the right to call him on every lie.
 And someone made a negative comment earlier on Blixt, who is now just one back of the leaders.   Quote:Originally Posted by Rick Martin   When Lucas Glover makes a cut while these top players are home, there's definitely a tricked-up, goofiness to this course as I've always said (been to several Masters at Augusta National). As far as tricked up goofiness (which I strongly disagree with), US Open rough, British Open quirky layouts with weird bounces and impossible...
 And where is Ernie right now?  Headed home before the weekend to watch on TV with the rest of us.  How's that crow, by the way?  Yet Glover is at even par, near the middle of the pack and well ahead of many who are ranked above him on the world charts going into the weekend.  Looks to me like the tournament directors have the right idea.  
   There has to be a qualifications cutoff and it is what it is.  Glover earned his ticket by meeting one of those cutoffs.  If those "better performing players on the tour" continue to perform at a high level, then they will earn their invitations for next year, something they have failed to do for this year's competition.   It's really quite simple.    Since the amateurs never win, maybe they should be cut out of the field too?  The past champions are rewarded with an...
 Maybe you need more dependable employees?   You leave out a huge part of the work force who are skilled craftsmen who are building and maintaining the infrastructure which helps to give you professionals the luxury of flex time.   I was one of those people, and at times I had some limited flexibility in the hours I worked, but at other times there was no option but to work until 5 or 6 (and sometimes it got a lot later than that - I've been known to work as much as a 17...
 That has nothing to do with the point I was making.  I picked a year out of a hat and what actually happened that year was irrelevant.  So what?  You are just arguing for arguing's sake, not to make a point which is pertinent to the discussion.
 There is a reason why traditional beginner sets are just half sets.  Beginners don't make sufficiently consistent contact to need any more.  All adding more clubs would do is make the game even more confusing for them than it already tends to be.
 1) I agree with the general idea, but it would do nothing to grow the game.  It might, however, tend to pick up the pace when errant drives aren't quite so errant. 2) Just dial everything back 20 years.  It doesn't need to be dialed back to the feathery age. 3) You are simply wrong on this.  Two person carts don't slow the game, and with players who know what they are doing, they can speed up the game considerably.  It's two idiots in a cart that cause problems, but then...
 Winning a tournament held 3 months later has nothing to do with whether a player deserves an invitation to the Masters.  The Masters is a privately run competition - qualification is by the criteria set by the tournament committee.  They have every right to set whatever criteria they want.  They choose not to include past winners of  other majors beyond 5 years.  They invite more players who have demonstrated the ability to play well or win more recently.  I don't see any...