or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

Do what you want.  My only caveat is that I have never been able to understand why so many think that playing by the rules and having fun are mutually exclusive.  I play by the rules and I have a blast, as do the guys I play with most often.  It's just what we do.
I've known a lot of experienced players who struggle on greens faster than about 10 on the stimp.  For beginners they can be a nightmare.  If TM really wants to make it better for beginners without changing how the game is played, then they should encourage courses to keep greens at no more than 9 or 10 max.  I like fast greens, but I'm an experienced player who is also a fairly good putter.   My brother struggles a lot on faster greens, yet he isn't exactly a novice...
 If this is in response to me, note my "Smart ass" smilie.   I don't care how many clubs you carry as long as we don't have a "game " on.
 This^^
 It's golf if you use 14 clubs.... otherwise.....  
 However, it wouldn't make much sense to change the hole size for what is clearly a seasonal issue (I know that's not what you are proposing).  I've had rounds where the weather or seasonal conditions made play very difficult, but I didn't lobby for a radical course change to fix it.
 I agree.  The only 18 hole league on my home course was a Thursday morning women's league.  There was a working women's league that played the Executive 9 on Saturday mornings, and several 9 hole after work leagues on weekday evenings.  The men's club I was in was a tournament club, not a league, and we played both 18 and 36 hole tournaments, with a 54 hole Club Championship once a year.  Our tournaments were not played weekly like a league, but were played on weekends...
 Actually It must have been different for you than it was for me.  I'm not sure that my parents ever introduced me to any activity.  We found/made our own fun, and not by getting into trouble either.  We played unorganized softball in a vacant lot or nearby schoolyard.  We rode bikes everywhere, even played a game on wheels we called "Ditch", sort of hide and seek on steroids.  We fished and swam in the summer and skated in the winter, sort of mandatory activities for kids...
 I want to know how many of the participants in these demo outings are the beginners that the program is aimed at.  It's all well and good for tour pros and "golf industry leaders" (who are more than likely middling good players) to shave that time off the round, but are those same gains reflected when it's just rank novices who are playing?  This mutual backslapping is fine, but I want to see the results when the field is made up of a bunch of one lesson or no lesson...
When you are talking career, it's one consideration.  Tiger's career isn't over yet, but if he never wins another major, longevity has to be figured into any discussion about total career.  There have been great players in just about every sport who would be at or very near the top of the rankings but for shortness of their careers.  Many did not achieve what Tiger has during the period that they played, but longevity is still factored in.  I sometimes wonder what Jack...