or Connect

Posts by Fourputt

Welcome to TST. I guess what you settle for depends on how picky you are.  I just bought a "new to me" used Titleist 913 D2 that so far is making my Callaway Diablo look like a cheap toy.  No way I could drop the $400 or more for a new driver, but I could afford $200 for a used $400 driver.  So it has some scuffs on the sole from use - makes not a whit of difference in how it plays.  In the 2 rounds I've used it now I've shown at least a 25 yard average gain in length...
 I first played foothills in 1974.  I started playing it regularly when I moved into the Foothills Recreation District in south Jeffco in 1983.  Those trees on #7 that you seem to hate so badly were just bushes then.  I've watched them grow to become more and more significant in how the hole is played.  I don't see the problem.  You have to play to the right half of the fairway or to the left rough to have a clear shot.  From left center to the left edge of the fairway,...
 Just curious - why not Buffalo Run?  I've played there a couple of times and enjoyed it.   Another strong vote for Fossil Trace.  Very unique course and a lot of fun to play.  When my brother comes down from Idaho, it's always near the top of our list.   Fossil Trace 10th hole  My sleeper is Foothills Golf Course - it's a parkland style of the type that Dave turns his nose on, but it is already in great condition, 7000 yards from the tips if you want it, but with gold,...
Never any more.  I used to do my warm up on the chipping green, but my new courses don't have them.  I've never been one to spend time on the range, even when I worked at the course with 50 grass hitting bays and got unlimited range balls.  When I go to play golf, I want to play golf.  Batting balls on the range is a total bore to me, so I just don't bother.     The one exception is when I play with my brother.  He always wants to hit a few balls, and since the courses...
 Typically no, competitors do not trash talk during competition.  Even at the low level that I played in my Men's Club, we didn't do such things unless it happened to be two friends who got paired up.  For most people it's just natural to play and act in a respectful manner toward each other.  An important aspect of competitive golf is showing respect toward your fellow competitors, and full out trash talk like they do in the NFL just doesn't happen.  It would be...
 I never said anything about personality.  I said "emotion".  The viewer gets instantaneous feedback on Tiger's highs and lows.  With Spieth, the only way you could tell that he hit a bad shot is that he would point to the side he missed on - otherwise his demeanor was dead even, with no real apparent emotion.  Even Phil has that little fist clench that he does.  I guess I just like to watch players who show that they are human while on the course as well as off.  After...
 Jordan Spieth's lack of visible emotion on the course puts him right in the same basket with 90% of the players on Tour today.  The PGA Tour is vanilla, aside from a few like Tiger and Phil who show some emotion or find a way to connect with the fans.  Spieth could win 20 majors and never move golf's popularity meter.  Tiger is still 4 short of Jack and he's an international celebrity.  Spieth is a fantastic player, he may be a wonderful human being, and he may rewrite...
Old thread, not a new driver, but new to me.  I bought a 913 D2 used because I felt like it at the time.  Hit in the booth a few times (but not using the tracker), then laid down my money.  Played twice with it now, and it is easily averaging about 20 yards longer than my Callaway Diablo.  With the Callaway, I had to hit it perfect to get 220 yards, and any misshit was lucky to make 200.  The Titleist 913 D2 10.5° driver gets me 225 on an average swing, and nearer to 250...
 I never play mats or simulators, and I get the chipping/pitching shanks at times.  It's technique, not surface being played from.  Seems like about once each round I can either shank a chip or hit so close to the hosel that it's a miracle that it isn't a shank.  I haven't figured out exactly why it happens, but as long as I keep my focus on making a proper stroke, it doesn't happen.  It's only when I get quick or lose my focus a bit that I do it.  I know that if I let my...
 Actually, the fact that you found the original ball didn't give you any choice under the rules, no matter where the two balls laid.