or Connect

Posts by Dynasty90

I'm hoping I could receive some insight about my golf game. I realize without seeing my swing and seeing me play in person that this might be difficult, but I hope my summary can allow some constructive feedback.   Age: 23 Location: Cleveland, OH Experience: 2 summers of golf play (average 10 rounds per golf season) Equipment: Top-Flite XL2000 complete set Average score: Low-Mid 90's Weaknesses:  See below...   Driver = typically ball travels 80% straight then the...
I am in the market of purchasing a new putter. The putter that came with my "all in one" club set has seen better days and the time has come for it to be replaced.   What are some proven putters I should look at to being my search?   Something that is readily available at Dick's or Golf Galaxy so I could try out before purchasing, would be nice but not necessary.   I am open to both new and used suggestions if you feel an older model putter is very...
I want to purchase a driver, iron set, and putter that will last me for the next five years. I used a cheap all in one club set by Top Flite enough to get a good understanding of my game and am ready to go middle range in my equipment. I shoot low to mid 90's, so I am in no way, shape, or form an excellent player. I will need clubs that are forgiving and are easy to hit. I have no problems buying used or new last years' models. I want equipment that is proven quality and...
Since I don't have a wedge in my bag besides a pitching wedge, I want to add this club to my bag. What loft wedge is appropriate for a beginner? Any specific model in mind as well? Since I'm a broke college student, I'm looking for the most bang for the buck.   I appreciate your help!
These are the current irons I have.   I want to piece together quality equipment over time, but these have given me a great beginning to my golf game.   http://www.topflite.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/xl-set.html
I'm looking to purchase a new set of irons. I feel I have moved past the beginner stage of the game and my Top Flite irons I purchased as a complete set need to be retired. What are some excellent mid range irons? I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but am competitive with my buddies and want to know I am using proven quality irons. I would like to keep them under $400 (wedges included). I'm open to new and used as long as they are in like new...
I appreciate the responses. I'm leaning towards the Top Flight XL set, just because it has everything I need...Drivers, woods, hybrids, irons, putter, and bag.   I went to the local Golf Galaxy tonight was really was not impressed with their used selection for my price point.   All the reviews I read about the Top Flight set seem to reveal a quality beginner set of clubs. Am I making a mistake going with them?
Hello,   I am fairly new to the game of golf and was hoping to get some guidance regarding golf club sets. I have golfed on the recreation level with friends for a few years and love this game. I have been using either a friends' back up clubs or my father's old clubs from the 80's. I feel I have done pretty well using the equipment I was presented with, but now I want my own set of clubs.   What do you suggest?   I have been reading about complete sets from...