or Connect

Posts by Shindig

Played 18 -- what a week, this is my fourth round in the past five days. I was focused on routine -- picking a target, clearing my mind of outside thoughts (this had gotten really bad lately), and just hitting to the target. I had noticed the past few rounds that I had a few "I'll hit anyway" shots... so I took a late afternoon round on a hot day where there would be no one behind me and just played. It took me a little under three hours (although there was a group...
First, thanks to everyone who offered me tips on the use of carts. I'll be sure to review them before my next round that has a cart and other people (I use a cart for summer rounds in the desert, but I often have a multiple hole section of the course to myself).When I'm walking, I'm aware of how much noise I'm making -- for example, I can avoid my irons from clattering too much. I'm not really alert to how much noise I'm making when I use a cart -- and part of that is...
"Used to"? It still is. Six minutes apart at Rancho Park, among others. There are some courses I love in the city, but man, six minutes apart is a killer. Keep in mind that the city views "groups off the first tee" as their objective to maximize, because this nets them the fees.There's a reason (actually, many) that I like to head east during the summer, when the L.A. courses are seemingly more packed and the desert courses are abandoned for some reason.
I got to my favorite practice facility this afternoon. I hit the range and worked on the speed of my backswing (after getting an evolvr evaluation this morning!). I also worked on short putts that broke a little, because I was having some difficulty hitting those in recent rounds. I also spent about half an hour in a greenside bunker. And it occurs to me - most practice greenside bunkers I've seen have a very small "target" green. That's all well and good for...
Can you elaborate on this as it relates to when one is using a riding cart?For me, it's a very rare round when I'm using a riding cart and am on a golf course with other people, and since Mike posted this thread yesterday, I've had it in my mind that I might be one of the guilty parties he's talking about. I was driving the other cart in Mike's group on Sunday at the TST outing, and when I'm in a riding cart, I'm generally hesitant to move it when someone's about to hit,...
Like Erik, I have pretty much only TWC as a choice for internet at my place. Verizon has something in the area, but it's only marginally faster than the speed I got from AOL back at the tail end of last century (I'm exaggerating, but only slightly). I'm excited by the moves Google is doing for bringing quality internet to people.
In fairness, the greens on Sunday seemed very difficult to read. I don't think your typical 12 GIR round (congratulations, by the way) would include 41 putts.
There are a number of ... I'd like to believe they're internet trolls, but an unfortunate number of them genuinely believe some horrible things. Anyway, there are a group whose complaints about the movie amount to their desire to avoid seeing strong female characters; you may have noticed that Furiosa wasn't a love interest/trophy for Max, and that she had one of the critical shots with the rifle (and he didn't). There's also one angle of the movie about how difficult...
Mad Max: Fury Road. Birdie. I know this review is hackneyed at this point, but a week ago, I didn't realize I wanted a two hour car chase in my life, and now I don't know how I lived without it. And like many others, I would like to believe that Tom Hardy's character in this movie is not Mel Gibson's character from the original trilogy, but rather Emil Minty's character from the second one, all grown up. Yes, I know that doesn't jive with the opening monologue, so I'm...
I also have some pictures on my camera, but I need to take them off the memory card. I didn't have the chance today, but I hope to post them here tomorrow.August works for me.