or Connect

Posts by Shindig

I agree completely. I don't think my comment extended the degree to which this is off-topic though. Some folks just can't take Queen Elsa's advice, and the topic just keeps resurfacing.(To a lesser extent, I'd genuinely like to have the distinction explained to me, but the only person I know offline who harps on the edge nickname (and all that goes with it) also thinks of Dustin Johnson as a cheater, so I can't get an explanation from him.)To drag this back on topic, can...
I have to ask: Dustin Johnson at the 2010 PGA Championship. Do you think he cheated on hole 72? If not, can you please explain the distinction to me?
Some of us had quite a bit of fun a few years ago playing the forward tees on 9/18, which was a Saturday that year.Many courses near here went to white-blue-black instead of red-white-blue for just this reason.One course -- a bit of a drive from me -- has their tips as red.
There's no obligation for the fairway to be the desirable landing spot for a tee shot, even on holes with par above three. I can think of two holes on my home course where I'd rather be just into the left rough than anywhere in the right half of the fairway. I don't think that's bad design.
A few years ago, a friend of mine got me to watch a single AFL (Arena Football League) game on TV and I've been hooked ever since. It's got lots of the things that make the NFL fun to watch, with a lot less drawback. The rules aren't strictly the same as the NFL, but you'll be able to follow it, even if you don't read about it here: http://www.arenafootball.com/about/afl-rules.html If you're considering watching, the season starts TONIGHT with two should-be-good games....
I think you're giving them too much credit. Part of why I'm happy when the Steelers and Patriots win games is that it provides a great filter. We get nicknames that edgy teenagers would be ashamed to utter.
You live close enough to me that if we end up practicing together at some point, or just otherwise meet up at a range, I'll be happy to help get swing video for you.
It looks like I may have been wrong here, then. As +Shorty points out, their own websites say they don't do it -- although I wonder if they always don't. I can certainly see the worry that someone might choose a cheap counterfeit as a way to get a genuine one for effectively that price from the company. I do know people who have inadvertently purchased counterfeit clubs and got them replaced by OEM though, so I know it does happen sometimes. In fact, everyone I know...
If you could really get a player DQ'd that way, me and the rest of the Tiger Tacticians would help our man win the U.S. Open this year by giving illegal advice to everyone else in the field. He'd win by default! Hearing advice you didn't ask for isn't against the rules. Acting on legally-heard advice isn't illegal either. Can you imagine what the result would be if he heard "straight in" and were then required to play the putt as not-straight-in? As for hearing on...
You should inform the seller that ebay tells you (via the link you included) to NOT return counterfeit clubs to him and that you will be filing a dispute. Then file the dispute.DO NOT, under any conditions, return the clubs to him unless you are convinced they are genuine.DO NOT, under any conditions, make threats -- saying, for example, that you won't report it if you're given a prompt refund. That would be blackmail and is illegal in the U.S. and likely in the U.K....