or Connect

Posts by mkoreiwo

I have used the Barbados and the Abaco from Rife. For me, I like the feel of their putters. The Barbados is my favorite face balanced mallet, the Abaco, same for heel/toe weighted. You know - with putting its all about what works for you, but if you can try these, check out the above as well, you may be surprised. Rife works for me.
Golfshot GPS is the best golf app out there IMHO. Golf logix is charging a subscription fee, so ditch that. I found the yardages on GolfShot to be on par with my SG5.... definitely worth it, unless they start charging a subs. as well......
Hornets, no, but I did stir up a yellow jacket nest. They're not as bad, but still they were bad enough. I was mowing as well, and when I fist noticed, it was with the hot stinging sensation on my ankles. Luckily the stings were concentrated on the knee and below. No fun - no sir...
For a twenty dollar ball, they ain't too bad, but I believe you are correct that they are less durable. Perhaps Callaway expects them to be lost before the user notices they're shredded. I use them occasionally, and they do perform pretty well. I will have to look at their longevity. I too, only hit my SW about 85 yds, so I'm not in your league...
Great story - should be implemented in every ethics/philosophy class for first year studies. Barring any thoughts you may have had about nailing this friends sister - if that was your intent - oh forget it you were in your 20's so chuck true honor out the window - keeping an arrangement was the right thing to do. I certainly know if there were a beautiful woman waiting for me I would ditch a round. But the personal best thing does tug at the sleeve. I guess it amounts to...
Zero friction... they now make a shorter model I have used for FW. But (sheepishly) I like he blue Brush tee for my 3w. It just is exactly the right height for me, always.
I agree with both of these, and no - you don't sound arrogant to me. Honest and accurate. I do have a chipper - I call it the cheater club. I find distance control is difficult as well. It is definitely something you need to work with - but waaayyyy more valuable to many golfers than a lob wedge! If you have difficulty around the greens, these could help. A buddy of mine swears by his - ymmv.
As alternatives... since I never felt good with inserts... The Rife Abaco, and Cleveland Classic 2 are the same, but without inserts. I have the Black Series i9, and the Rife. My nod - of course - is for the Rife. This style has been a winner for me. It swings like blade with the extra mass of a mallet. Worth looking into!
Interesting thread, as I recently picked up a 1H 16° hybrid and took out my 3 & 5 woods. I did this to add a "cheater" chipper to my bag. I absolutely loved my Fw woods and hit them so well my friends told me to take driver out of my bag. But the 16 was supposed to offer me some versatility, as I really couldn't hit my 3w off the fairway too well. So far the the 1H isn't working out as well as I had thought. I don't know what it is about the club, but I just can't seem...
I picked up a Baffler DWS 16 degree and pulled the 3w out. I am still getting the feel of the club, but the beauty of it is that I can hit it under more conditions. I may lose some yards, but it adds more choices for me. It actually replaces a 3w & 5w, letting me put a Niblick -- cheater club(lol) - in the bag.