or Connect

Posts by mkoreiwo

Yep... I have them as well. Not a household name and that probably is why more people don't play them... Have you hit them out of a bunker yet? Very good there as well... I have their older 61° not the new simply because I don't hit it well enough, often enough... And I have a hard time yanking another club to have four wedges in the bag!
I have the Barbados black, and it is simply a stunning putter. It falls right between my Mizuno Bettinardi BC-3 and Mizuno Bettinardi C-04, f you are looking for a feel comparison. As with others, I'm just not a fan of the two-bars. That said, it all really coms down to your personal preference, and for me, I really gotta love my putter - both esthetically and performance wise...
Just want to chime in and say I can't stand Williams. He's made a nice life on the coattails of Tiger. He should shut up an carry the bag. There's no other caddie out there who draws as much attention to himself. BIG EGO!
I'd opt for the XL. The XLS just didn't seem to be that much "better" to those who've used it. Yes some liked it. The XL is a great bargain, and if you are willing to try different shafts, you can have a really smokin' driver. That said, honestly, I would buy the driver that you hit best, provided its in your budget. Unless of course, you want to buy for the bling value or perceived "status" of what you use...
Most places I play don't have very fast greens, and on those the softer putters just don't work for me. I wasn't offering any criticism of the putter per se, just pointing out how soft the FIT feels. I am not an insert fan either! And actually, I think I may have done better had I gotten the BC1 or 2. Lately the C04 I have has felt really good.... I really am glad you like it. The Mizuno Bettinardis are beautiful putters imho.
Hope you enjoy the BC1. I have the BC3 and while I DO like it, I find it is a very soft putter, no doubt to the "FIT" face technology applied. My other Bettinardi is a C04, which I have found lately is the putter that is "feeling" right for me - at least "right now". Of course, that can change, and that's why I don't get rid of putters! Hope this one is at least a temporary Holy Grail!
I've the 08 and 09. While 09 has some improvements, the thing that really kills it for me is the putting!!!! I'm not hot on the way they retooled that... you almost have to make a full swing to make even a 5 footer. Thats not the way to set up a game that is supposed to mimic a golf swing! Otherwise, its a good game. However, that said, I dislike the putting SO much I don't play it very often :(
Rife Barbados for me... I've never owned a Yes, but have had a Barbados for a while now - actually since they first came out.... The roll groove seems to give me a feel between the Mizuno C-04 and BC-3 that I own. It sets up very well for me... As someone else said though, and I concur, that putters are so personal you've got to try them yourself and decide...
Well, with the groups I play with, you're hitting your third. Yes, technically that is not correct, but the situation you describe is pretty specific. I have had the exact thing happen to me on a hole: my partners all said I'd be fine, but - couldn't find the ball - dropped and hit 3.....
Ditto... I had an intercostal injury and it took a long time to heal. Swing was almost impossible to do! Rest it up... its gettin' colder anyway....