or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

Playing a new unfamiliar course is a challenge for obvious reasons, but it only takes a few rounds to get into a comfort zone.  Most golfers that "Play Around" play a core of less than 10-15 courses regularly. After a few rounds at each course, all the courses in the normal rotation become like a home course.   As opposed to playing a course for only the 2nd time in 15 years.............   I still get back to Ohio every once in awhile to visit the old haunts. Even after...
I have played so little golf in June, that I haven't posted in this thread since the June 1st revision!!  I only posted 5 rounds in the month of June.......two of them being combined 9's!!!!!    This is pure INSANITY!!!  I need to get with the program and play more golf in July!!  June was a very wet month and I sort of opted to play less.     I can't play tomorrow(last day of June), so I know my July 1 revision.................I will drop 1/10th............down to 3.3...
No golfer should have 2 indexes, but it happens.  IE.......A golfer has a membership at multiple golf clubs and they post scores from each club at only that club.   By rule......all rounds played should be posted at each course so he/she is wrong for not doing so.   It does seem strange to me that he keeps a HC being a teaching pro.  Do teaching pro's keep HCs??  LOL   As for the swing?   it's not pretty...that's for sure!  With that said, what training has he had?   Is...
Jeremie,   golf is FUN/Play!  That's why we play golf!    When you make it sound like work, it sounds like a job.   For me personally, I am passionate about the game and WANT to play at every opportunity.  I log 100+ rounds a year because I love to play.   I mix in a couple late evenings during the week along with "dawn patrol" golf on the weekend so golf can fit-in with daily life/family.  I'm usually home by 10-11am on the weekend. For anyone with passion for the game,...
You may need to bite the bullet and start wearing a glove in those conditions!!!    I noticed watching the SR US Open last week that even Lee Janzen now wears a glove these days!  (he won 2 US opens not wearing a glove)   Aside from Freddy Couples.....very few sans the glove!!   I sweat a lot and the best grips today are the dual compound grips.......... This is my preferred...
An ace is a much bigger accomplishment compared to making a deuce on a par4.    I have recorded 12 par4 deuces.................to 1 ace.  My longest deuces were from 228yds and two from outside of 150yds, but they don't mean anything compared to the ace.  My sole ace was a 164yd 8-iron and this shot reigns supreme over all the deuces!! (by a large margin)      A par5 double-eagle reigns supreme..........With that said, I'd rather record my 2nd ace than a double eagle!!!...
The course is finally drying out!  I played pretty well, but lost a few shots late to finish the round on a sour note.   72.5CR 137slope........Course Par is 72 37-39=76   Today had potential to be a special round, but I let it go in the end bogeying the final three holes. (the last being a reachable par5 birdie opportunity)   I was cruising along with an even par round within my grasp, but I choked it away in the end.   I missed a couple short birdie putts when the...
I have very few posts in this thread in 2015 because I have had very few shots worth talking about....LOL   I haven't played much lately because I'm sick and tired of slopping around on a saturated waterlogged course.   It seems like it's rained 4 days a week for the past month and a half!!!   Today was maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I played when it wasn't so wet that it was cart path only.   Today was the first time when the course finally played like "SUMMER" prime condition...
The most important variable is how much golf do you play rather than how many years.   Do you play 100+ rounds a year or 20-30 per year?  To really see any meaningful improvement, a golfer needs to play a lot.     This is why there are so many casual golfers that have played for 20-30 years and they still suck at it. 
I haven't been playing much golf and need to get back into the flow of things.  I posted my first full 18 hole round today since June 7th!!  If I keep this up, the HC will start trending up due to rust!!   I hit the ball decently enough today, but couldn't get anything out of my short game.  I missed most of those in-close scoring putts that need to be holed whether to save par or make birdie.  6666yds 73.0CR 140slope...........Course par is 72 39-37=76 Fairways...