or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

I record hole-by-hole stats, but I don't get overly anal about it......LOL   This is how I mark my card....from this, I know all I need to know about GIR, FIR, scrambling, SS, and all major stat categories. I always keep my own card so I can record the results from each round.  I then use the GHIN website to record and track them online.        PS..my name is NOT kevin or Justin.  I always write down the names of my playing partners on the first tee when 'pairing...
I loooooove daylight savings time!!  I paired up with a 2 guys at 5pm and played nine, and then turned and played the front again as a single to complete 18 holes with plenty of time to spare before dark. Stone Canyon....Black tees.....front9 twice.....Par 72.........72.4CR 145Slope........40-42=82  5/14 fairways 7/ greens 31 putts 2 penalties 2/2 SS........this will help my stats!   My putting and a 2 stray tee shots cost me a several strokes. My game is showing...
The Ohio State University has arguably the finest golf collegiate golf course in the nation.....The Scarlet!   The Gray course is nice too, but the Scarlet is special.  Students can play these courses for next to nothing.......  Columbus Ohio has many excellent courses although not the best weather in the winter....Brrrrr...   The Scarlet is a classic course built in the '30s by Alister MacKenzie.  It plays to a par of 71........ 7,455yds 76.2cr 142slope.  It's a stout...
We had a beautiful Easter weekend here in KC...sunny and 70's!!   I paired up with 3 guys who drove 13 hours south from somewhere in Manitoba Canada.  They said they still had snow cover up there.............OUCH!    ...and I thought we had it bad in KC!!  I guess it's all relative....LOL   Stone Canyon: 73.2RC 141slope SATURDAY: 45-41=84 Fairways 6/13 Greens.....7/18 0/2 SS 2 penalties 34 putts I had a horrible start.....+6 through the first 5 holes and it...
I've had 2 private club memberships over the years, but I returned to the public course scene.   I'd rather have an annual membership at an upscale public course.    I get waaaay more golf course for the money....IMO   Facilities, pools, tennis courts..etc, etc.. don't matter to me...it's all about the golf.  Where I play now is much more course...
I had today/Friday off and it was a beautiful sunny/70degree day with light winds.   Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope.... 38-45=83...OUCH 4/13fairways...ouch 9 greens..........hitting 9 greens and scoring +11 is terrible 29 putts...not bad 2 penalties 0/1 SS 1 birdie   I made 5 doubles today...1 on the front but salvaged a 2 over par score, and then 4 doubles on the inward nine which led to a smoooooth 45...yuck
My idea of the perfect weekday evening of golf is to pair up with a single or twosome at 5pm........play 9 holes in less than 2hrs with them...........I shake their hands and thank them for the good company as they depart to hole 10 as they wishfully hope to finish 18 before dark behind the masses that always bunch up on the back before dark.   I loop back to play the front again as it is now nearly empty this late in the evening.  As a single...I cruise through my...
I love all the "I usually" and "Probably" responses with regard to average GIR..........     Unless stats are kept, a golfer has no idea what percentage are hit on average.  The number is probably MUCH lower than you think....... I know from experience.   When I started keeping accurate hole-by-hole stats, I was shocked by how bad my stats really were!  
 I recently paid $90 for replacement polarized lenses for my Oakley's.  I wear them most of the time, but I think I prefer my non-polarized Under Armour shades for golf.  I love polarized lenses for normal use, but I am not convinced they are best for golf. I may need to see glare from the ball in the air to follow it best...HEH   If eyewear is used, it should be quality made...IMO   No cheap dime store crap for me.......that's for kids.
yes....he would be able to score in the '70s on his best days, but his average score will be comfortably in the 80s.   A scratch golfer playing a course with similar ratings will average around 82-83........ I believe the 78CR........but doubt the 137slope is accurate.   it must be higher.  Slope and CR tells the story of length and difficulty/hazards, but course setup for a major championship is an entirely different beast.  Several of the worlds best players fail to...