or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

Great video!!!!   ...and it was a majestic bald eagle..no less!!       I've seen this before....... It was my golf partners ball.   A large eagle picked it up and flew 30-50yds further down the fairway before dropping it.  When we got to the ball, my partner grinned and said something to the effect.............."Play it where it lies, right?"................Hahaha...   Unfortunately, I don't have video.  Nice catch!!
I might be ready for a change......( I am considering it)   I've been a member at Stone Canyon 2 years now, but never got settled into a new regular weekend group. The course is top notch........ an amazing tough track that I love, but I miss the camaraderie of my former club mates and staff.     I was a member at this previous course (Drumm Farm GC) for 8yrs, but I made a 'SNAP, I QUIT'  decision when they changed the membership program because they are transitioning...
"THE COURSE" is everything.................. I've walked 18 as a single in 2 1/2 hrs before.  I played 18 in a cart in 1hr 40 minutes.   I was a member at a club years ago, and my regular 4some walked 18 on average in 3hrs to 3:15 minutes.  We never rushed....we were all competent players, played early,  and played ready golf. We all walked to our balls and hit without unnecessary delay.........LOL Pretty simple!!!  These were classic courses with the next tee very close...
Nice find................thanks for sharing.   Hogan didn't give many interviews.   I'd love to see the un-edited version of the above.   I wonder if this was around Masters Time.....because it looks like he may be wearing his green jacket.
We are similar in this respect........ If the ball out of play, I don't even consider a search.  If it is in play, I will  look if I am in a 4-some and there is nowhere to go providing I my ball isn't in deep thicket that is unplayable. If it's in an area with a chance to play....Yea, I'll look. If I am a single with nobody in front of me.....my search time shrinks to about 1 minute.  LOL........... It is what it is...and I don't like wading around in deep native...
Cool story bill....................thanks for sharing!   SGT......the trophy pictured in your article is a different trophy?   The story matches, but a different trophy is shown.......LOL
I posted the above January 2014.  My golf season is never over until it snows, but my GHIN posting is10 days away from ending so I think it's close enough to give a re-cap of my 2014. 1....I did have fun and enjoy the game so.................check.  This year was a success in this regard2. I am on pace for 100 rounds, so..........................check.  Mission 2 accomplished.3. I did get worse.....started the year at 1.7 and I am 3.3 now trending 3.2.  It is what it is,...
Stone Canyon: par72..............73.2CR 141slope 39-39=78   I normally don't complain about 78's on this course, but I played very well today.  I played well enough tee to green to flirt with par, but I just can't seem to get it done. Fairways...............9/13....damn good, and the misses were small. Greens.........12.........pretty good, but I left myself a few extremely challenging lags. Putts............35!!  ......arghhhhh!    three 3-putts!  I was on the wrong...
17th Hole at Stone Canyon:  385yd par4..................   I hit a big drive for an old hack like me.  I had exactly 99 yards to the pin and darn it to hell............ I missed!!  Damn it......LOL This green has serious slopes you can't see in the pic that can repel approaches clear off the green into terrible places making the approach difficult regardless of the yardage in.   This wasn't an issue today...............  My only birdie of the day!!....sheesh, I feel...
IMO...................getting to a single digit HC should be easy.     My 2 keys to success:   1. stop duffing/wasting shots from tee to green 2.  Stop blading/duffing shots around the green.   This Is a very low standard............. Being modestly proficient from tee to green and NOT duffing/blading/wasting shots around the green is all that is necessary.