or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

Dang...it's hard to choose the best shots from yesterday and today because I had a few that qualify!!!!   Yesterday: 178yd par 3............6 iron to 2'..........easy tap-in.      Today 1.  The 5th hole....uphill 408yd par 4......the drive wasn't my best, but in the fairway.   7-iron to 2ft.....easy birdie 2. 7th hole..... holed a greenside bunker shot from a deep bunker without much green to work with............Schwwwwing! 3. 10th hole.....chipped-in from off...
I have to disagree on a couple levels........For now, I will address 1.   Slow play at many if not most private courses is also an issue.   Whether you play 18 holes in 3hrs or 5hrs is more a function of the time of day you play than whether it's private or public.   Proud "Dawn Patrol" golfer here........slow play is never an issue because we lead the way!!  My 4-some normally plays 18 in 3hrs flat.....unless a certain person the group as a replacement.... and then it...
Jon, you also have to look at how much golf do you play?   When I said I first became an avid golfer, at least for me............I was playing 100+ rounds per year.  I'm not saying you need to play this much, but you do need to play regularly/a lot to see any real improvement.    IMO....... playing 18 holes a minimum of twice a week during prime season is needed to see any real improvement.   .....plus whatever practice you do.   If you play less?   ......it's not really...
Nice pic with the mountains in the background.    What kind of grass is in the fairways?   They look a little shaggy to me.  Are those bluegrass/fescue fairways?
Is this thread still going?    Sheesh......  I live in the Midwest where it's cold, and it was 75-80 degrees today when I played golf.  LOL
My game is definitely improving and the winter rust is falling away............ Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds 36-38=74 Fairways: 7/14 Greens: 9 Putts: 27 SSaves: 1/1 4 Birdies Penalties: 1  .......but I made a nice bogey save   I also had 2 zero putts! Those don't SUKK!!!  I holed-out from a 7-8ft deep greenside bunker after hitting a horrible approach to get there.......LOL    The other was a simple chip-run.  I feel like I'm starting to get my...
Jon Brother.................there is hope!   I personally hit the brick wall and gave up hope of improving.  I became an avid golfer in 1992............ when I first started keeping a valid USGA HC in 1996, I was already a 7-9HC.   I was forever stuck as a 7-9HC for nearly a decade.   I got to the point where I fully accept my fate that I would never get better..............it is what it is....and I am only good enough to be a 7HC or whatever.................. Then out of...
Consider yourself extremely lucky to get a refund because this isn't warranted for slow play.   My 2 cents..........you get what you deserve, but you got better by receiving a refund.    If you expect speedy play, you should have played at sunrise with the "Dawn Patrol"........When I play golf while on vacation, I always get the first tee time.   If you play more than 2-3 positions behind the first on a course like that, you should expect a clusterFK.    Shame on you for...
From what I have seen based on the play during the series..........................it's hard to argue the two finalists didn't deserve to be in the final.    ....and that is all I have to say about that!  LOL  (forrest gump reference)     If I was a betting man, Richie will lose in the finale.
My sole birdie of the day......... #6 at Drumm Farm GC is a 220yd par 3 on the card, but the pin was in the narrow front pin position today. The green is only about 15' wide in the front portion of the green and it's difficult to hit!!      I shot 209 to the pin with the laser.  It was a chilly damp late-afternoon with temps in the 50's...(ball not go far)   I hit 5-wood pin-high 7-9' from the pin.............DRAINO!  My first birdie on this hole in 2015, although a did...