or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

She DQ'd herself........................     End of story!     My 2 cents...
My dad is a dedicated "Ball Hawker" and this habit drives me insane whenever I play with him!!!  LOL    He hunts for every ball as if his life depended on finding "IT"....along with 3 more.   If I hit it in the crap, I'll do a quick search depending on where I am.   If it's a nasty area, I may not even go in.   I'll take a penalty drop or play my provisional and move on.......  My dad doesn't even need to lose a ball for his "hawling" instincts to take over.......  I...
I bought a 460s SDLRs nearly 2 weeks ago, but my golf game is in a tailspin right now and I don't think I can give a review.   I hit it terrible, but I blame myself.   My previous driver was an R9 Super-tri that I hit great for a few years, but my swing has devolved into producing a duck hook.   I do the same with the SDLR...   I decided to try to play a fade with every club in the bag, and now I can't hit anything.  LOL     My golf game is in a bad place right...
In general, I believe some are underestimating the importance of the short game in this thread.  You still need to hit the GIR....if not, chip/putt to save par.     Also keep in mind that on many holes, the pro's won't hit driver.   In many cases, they will target the same landing areas as we do albeit with a different club.   Even if playing your 6500yd home course, if a hole is designed for a 150yd approach, they will hit much less club from the tee to hit the desired...
When I read the thread topic, golf stories good or bad aren't what come to mind.   When I think of bizarre things, I think of non-golf related things.     I remember one time I was playing in  a club tournament.   This was 15 years ago and I guess I didn't have my cell phone with me.   The assistant pro drives out onto the course and finds me, and asks me to jump in the cart........he said my wife called and needs me to come home now.   She didn't say why.......  my mind...
I never tried to contact them directly.  I recommend going to whichever course you play most frequently, and let the course set you up with a GHIN with that course as your home course.  You can do this at any golf course.   Once you are setup, you can enter all the scores online if you choose to do so.  ................and you can keep your stats on GHIN too when you enter the scores.  This is how I do it...
I can take it a step further.......... Heck, why do we even bother to keep score?   In fact, why keep a score in any sport?  Can you imagine watching your favorite teams playing just for fun without keeping score?  LOL      All kidding aside, handicap is the measuring stick to be able to track ones own progress.   Even for golfers who don't play competitively, I couldn't imagine not having a HC for no other reason than being able to track my own progress.  Many take it...
The only gap I see in your bag is between 4-wood and driver and that is marginal at best.  Adding a 4-iron would be silly considering you already have a 4-rescue.  These are interchangeable clubs.   Adding a 3-rescue is nearly interchangeable with a 4-wood so I don't like that change either.      I believe your bag would be more complete if you ditch the 4-wood and add a 3 & 5 wood to replace it. 
My September 1st revision is small......................2.4 to 2.6, but the 9/15 revision will be ugly!!!    My driving is a train wreck right now, and I can't hit my irons anymore.  Aside from that, my game is just dandy!  LOL
If I was playing Bubba length drives, I'd score 2-3 shots lower.  It definitely would help to be able to wedge into some of the longer par4s and he could potentially help me reach a couple of the par5s.  He probably won't hit driver on at least a couple of our par5s.     If I was playing Mark Omeara drives, I'd score about the same to 1 shot better.