or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

My playing partner has the same cover............LOL  He does hit the ball 10 miles!   My cover has seen better days because he is missing his nose, but I refuse to replace him.......Brutus Buckeye Rocks!  He's also been around the world.  He's been to the "other side" of the planet.......he's been to a Robert Trent Jones Jr course on Penang Island,  Malaysia.  His furthest Trek!
Don't mess with lightening....I get it.  If you can see or hear it, you can be struck by it.     With that said, the pic can be real.   We've all been there........ distant lightening and rumbles and we hope it passes.  Then BAM!  A close one hits and scares the crap out of everyone.  The above could have been that very strike!   I've been close enough the bolt had "width" and left a physical vapor/smoke trail behind.  We could hear the "SIZZLE"..... time to GTFO the...
LOL.............this clown can compete with Sir Charles for worst swing!   I didn't see any Pebble either, but this guy is a definite hack. His short game is probably "ON PAR" with the long game.  Of course the commentator was very polite..........."Nice shot Bruce"...Hahaha..
Just because somebody comments on a golf message board doesn't make them an avid golfer.  
There is nothing wrong with playing golf 5-10 or however many times a year!  Everybody has their priorities....some people are passionate golfers, and others are non-golfers that prioritize their time doing other things!  I have a neighbor that is constantly kept busy doing busywork around the house.  Nothing wrong with that........doing that stuff IS his hobby/passion.  Me?..... if I need something done, I search the internet and hire a contractor!!!   
I can't relate to the men who can't play golf because they are married with kids.   I want to call BS on that!!  I have 2 kids and I'm closing in on my 25th Wedding anniversary.  Still married...........AND A GOLFER!! (100+ rounds a year)....................and I am a "PRESENT" dad too. I attend all my kids events...............   To those who say they can't, I almost question how much do they really want to play?   Part of me believes they're making empty excuses for...
#14 at my home course is narrow little 388yd par4 from the tees I play.   A hazard protects the entire left side of the hole...... A creek surrounded by a natural jungle filled with critters and poison-ivy.  You do not want to go inside there!  As you can see in the picture, it butt's nearly up to the fairway.   Deep prairie grass protects the right.....if you can thread the needle from the tee, it becomes a birdie hole!!   I was in a spot of bother after a drive that...
Par72 Course: 6564yds: 72.5CR: 137Slope 37-40=77   I love it when a plan comes together!  I arrived at 5:15pm and the head pro suggested I tee off on #10.  I played through only 2 groups and finished 18 holes in a little over 2hrs.  I played well on my first 9, but missed a some very makeable birdie opportunities.  I also reached the 18th green in 2 and 3-putted for par!!!!  Considering how well I played from tee to green, finishing over par was a poor finish.     By...
I will absolutely retrieve my golf ball!  The reality is the vast majority of homeowners would probably rather not spend their spare time cleaning the backyard removing golf balls.   If the property has a fence more than a simple "hop over", I leave it lay.  It's not worth the effort to scale a wall or tall fence......LOL   A yard littered with balls is an annoyance and you're doing them a favor by cleaning up after yourself.