or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

I track hole-by-hole stats for the major categories.   The most important stats to me are GIR, Scrambling, and Putting. 
For me, brand is irrelevant.    Wedges and putter.........................
I never played growing up.  GOLF was not a word in my vocabulary during my youth!!  I was never in position to even consider playing because none of my friends or parents played.       It all started for me in 1992.  I finished my education and was already married when co-workers twisted my arm and dragged me to the course.  I was instantly hooked and became an avid golfer right out of the gate!!  My wife was happy because I gave up staying out at night fishing, to play...
1st hole......It doesn't effect me in the least.   I'll even extrapolate a little:  The first 5 holes on my home track are holes you want play well because some very difficult holes are coming next!   If I do poorly on the first 5, it does effect me a little because I know I am in for a tough 'grind-it-out' kind of day, but I do not lose hope!!   I've started poorly on many occasions, but played well through the tough holes to "GUT OUT" a good round in the end.   
When I belonged to a private club in the 1990s, we had a Hole In One fund too.   The only differences is we only kicked in $1 or $2 and this covered a player for the entire year.  It was either that, or until an ace was made....(cant remember for sure)   Every member I knew participated in the fund.  If you made an ACE, it covered a round for the house.  To receive the free drink, you had to be present in the Grill Room or eating in the adjacent dining area at the time we...
I don't think I've purchased a single golf club from Dicks.  I like to test clubs in front of a pro-style launch monitor, and Dicks never had one of these.  PLUS....their lefty club selection is weak.    I do buy clothes and golf shoes from Dicks.  You can add me to the others because I had no idea they employed golf pro's.  I guess because I avoid buying clubs from them, it only makes sense that I didn't know.  I also purchased my Bushnell laser from Dicks. 
Geez...I haven't been online much and I'm not staying current!    With the 7-15 revision, I'm still trending in the right direction!   My index dropped another .4 to a 2.8!   I want some more of THAT!!    My goal of getting back to the 1's is now within shouting distance! 
My most interesting golf ball finds are weird situations when I find my own lost balls!   My mark is difficult to miss.........I write this on BOTH sides of the ball.  LOL Two situations come immediately to mind.   Case 1: I paired up with a guy when I notice he is playing one of my lost balls.  That was hilarious!  I pointed out my mark, and he tried to give the ball back to me.  I think he took my comment the wrong way...LOL    I refused to take the ball,...
Last 2 Rounds at Stone Canyon Golf Club 73.2CR 141slope  Par72 42-43=85.....9.5DIFF I rolled out of the wrong side of the bed on this day and never got anything going. I was off with regard to all aspects of the game.  Horrible day, but I still had fun!!     36-38=74.....0.6DIFF Weird day.....only 3 bogeys and 1 birdie Fairways 4/13, but I was striking the ball well and hitting it long for me.  Any missed fairways were just barely missed so I was keeping the ball in...
Playing golf in his spare time has nothing to do with his performance on the field..............arguing that it is.......would be pure ignorance.  IMO