or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

Many public courses don't care what you want.....it's their discretion whether or not to pair up groups of less than 4.   Many courses will automatically pair these groups to maximize play.   So long as you and your son don't hold up play, being paired is a non issue.     If you want to play alone because you want to play slow, then stay off the course because all you are doing is backing up the entire course behind you.   my 2 cents....
Gotta' love 3 day weekends!   I teed it up this morning at Stone Canyon: 73.2cr and 141 slope   I am still trying to change my ball flight "on the fly" and today was a complete disaster!!  44-41=85 4 Penalties! 7/13 Fairways 7 greens 31 putts   I'm still trying to play the ball more forward with an open stance with my irons too, and my ball contact is terrible.   I can't seem to move the bottom of my arc forward!  LOL ....oh well.  On the rare chance I do hit a...
I am one of the rare few like david........... I definitely recommend range time, but I don't partake.  I haven't hit balls on the range since 1995 back when I had to pay for every bucket.  Ever since....I've had unlimited range privies and never used them.   This is because I also had unlimited playing privies!........I guess I'd rather just PLAY!!!    For beginners....definitely, please.....go to the range!!   LOL  ....I am such a hypocrite! 
I don't see how anyone can improve their game by not playing.    LOL
I never step away from the game.......... I play my way through funks.   I feel that by playing through these rough patches, something can be learned and gained from it.  Time not playing is time wasted.   my 2 cents..
I had another crazy/stupid day from tee to green as I am still trying to change my ball flight 'on the fly' during play.  Stone Canyon: par72.....73.2CR 141slope Front 9 Score: 37 3/7 fairways, but I kept the ball in play.  I hit some ugly short crooked drives, but I could recover 4/9 greens.... 14 putts (four 1-putts)   Back 9 score: 42........so I carded a pretty good 79 considering my terrible play tee to green. 3/6 fairways 2 Greens thanks to penalties 3...
A scramble is a bastardized form of golf, and the scrambles of today are even are bastardized form of this format these days.  At the check-in, unlimited mulligans and Tiger Drives can be purchased, etc, etc, etc........(soon to be replaced with Rory drives)   Even if a group follows the rules, a crazy low score is a must.  My issues with the cheaters is they cheat to win the prizes at the end.   I often question the results, but it's about collecting money for...
These clubs are not comparable..................A 2 or 3-hybrid should be considered an alternative to a  5-wood.   When you say...."get under", it makes me cringe a bit.   This makes me think you are trying to hit-up on the ball which is a big no-no.   
A 3-wood is a must-have club in every bag.......     Playing golf without a 3-wood is like not having a putter....well, almost!  LOL
I disagree.....   Graphite shafts are very good these days.   Whether choosing graphite or steel, the key is finding a shaft flex that fits your swing.  The material is irrelevant.   I can't think of a reason why I'd ever play a steel shaft in any club longer than an iron.  Doing so is a step backwards.....   It's a step backwards for AMs too....