or Connect

Posts by BuckeyeNut

Cocaine is a social drug....nothing wrong with that!  LOL
If from the tundra..................simply stating Canada is enough. LOL
liquored up drunks will never be real golfers under any definition............
Not to be repetitive, but.........     Ya might be a non-golfer if you go through 2 coolers of beer during your typical weekend round of golf.  
Wow...Lihu, thanks for remembering!  LOL ..........I played to scratch for a good part of 2012.      I still play regularly, but not nearly as much.  My sons bowling habit takes priority, so naturally there is a falloff.   IE......instead of playing dawn patrol golf Saturday and Sunday morning last weekend, I was watching him bowl in the USBC Kansas City youth championships.    I update my index with every revision, so it's always at it's highest this time of year anyway....
I went away from long irons many years ago, and I would argue that most any AM golfer will benefit from doing the same.   Hell....several top PGA tour players use hybrids!!...........and these guys are the best players on the planet!!     The longest iron in my bag is a 5-iron.  
Ummm....drink 6-7 beers on the course and they might get a DUI on the drive home.   Shame on them for placing us sober drivers at risk!!.......I hope I'm not on the same roads as those drunks!    All kidding aside.....I have never seen a respectable player whose focus is catching a buzz while on the course.   Except maybe John Daly, but he's an alcoholic.   I somehow doubt your 'so called'  buddies even carry an official GHIN HC. They sound more like "non-golfers" that...
My index followed the typical path in 2015  as it does every year. 3.1..................2015 starting point. 4.9..................spring rust/peak.......happy this was the peak. Then trending lower each revision as the winter rust falls away.............   Most recent revision:  Down from 4.2 to 3.8.   I plan to get into the 2's by mid summer.  I may slip back into the 1's before the year is over.  Only time will tell....
Drumm Farm GC:   (Course Par 72)  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds I haven't played much lately because it seems like every opportunity I have to play, a storm front rolls through. These aren't all day rain events......it only rains when I want to play!  LOL 37-40= 77   I played well tee to green but an ice cold putter killed me.   I had several good looks at birdie and only made 1........I also missed a few easy par saves.  I could have easily scored level par today if I could...
I made a few birdies and hit a few noteworthy full golf shots last weekend, but I'd like to share a par save. It's nothing great, but still a fun shot to discuss.   This is an old pic, but shows the 18th green. It has 2 tiers left/right and this pic doesn't do the severity of this slope justice!!  This pic is a side-view........from the approach. The rise from the bottom to top tier is several feet. I played approach short left.....so I am chipping from the near/right...