or Connect

Posts by Long Ball Larry

Completely agree. I played there for the first time on Christmas Day last year (fortunately only had to pay about $50). Zero plans to go back.
Since trajectory is a big concern and everything you have is standard, I would get fitted for the correct shaft(s) first and foremost. I'm guessing you can play well with whatever club heads you're comfortable with given you're a 9 index. Also, four wedges in your set makes sense since you're a long hitter.   I recently switched from the TaylorMade Tour Preferreds (2008 version) to the 714 AP2s and am happy with them. Got a great deal from my fitter and didn't need, or...
It took me almost four years and 90-100 rounds. I had a handful of 80s and finally broke through with a 77 at Ewa Beach Golf Club in Oahu last December. I've been shooting 78-84 this year and just established a new low of 76 at Bandon Dunes last month. The weird thing is that I didn't card a single birdie either round.
 You obviously know more about this than I do. I was speaking based on my tendency to blade pitches from tight lies with my 54.11 and having more success with my 60.07.
I find "GET IN THE HOLE!" and "YOU DA MAN!" to be very annoying. I got a laugh when some guy shouted "BABA BOOEY!" yesterday, but nothing will beat the "MASHED POTATOES!" guy from Chevron last year.
I would go low-bounce given your normal playing conditions. 45* to 52* is not crazy by any means. I believe Tiger's PW is 47* and his wedges are 56* and 60*. If you go that route, I'd follow newtogolf's recommendation when you're in between clubs. If I may make a suggestion, what about going 50/56/60, and bending the 56* to 55* (and removing a degree of bounce). Then you'd have five-degree gaps from 40* to 60*.
Well done! I like the scorecard/stats. What program do you use?
I would upgrade the 3-wood for sure. What is the loft on your 4-iron? If it's a strongly-lofted GI iron (21* or so), you could go with a 15* 3-wood and a 18* wood or hybrid, and that would leave you with room for one more club, maybe a GW there's a large gap between your PW and SW. 
Except for the 5-wood, your set configuration and yardages are pretty much identical to mine before I went from four wedges to three (I had a 3-wood). I originally made an uninformed decision and bought the matching AW and SW, so starting with the 9-iron, my lofts were 43/47/51/55/60. Since I never used the AW and didn't like the clunky look and feel of it and the SW, I got rid of them and decided to put the 3-iron in the bag. What I ended up doing was getting Vokeys (54...
Bending the PW a degree strong seems like the path of least resistance to me. You could also bend the 9-iron half a degree strong as well, and then you'd have four-degree gaps from the 5-iron down. What caught my eye was you're carrying both a 5-wood and 3-hybrid. I agree with Lucius: get a 3-wood, and ditch one of the aforementioned clubs. Based solely on lofts, I'd take out the 5-wood since your 4-iron is 25*, so you'd have 9/15/20/25 at the top.