or Connect

Posts by carpediem4300

THIS Major problem of mine once, when i learned to stay down just that bit longer ive not bladed one since i dont think, My pal played with me on monday and he was chunking/blading all his chips and wedges, i told him to stop looking for it and stay down ont he shot until his arms brought his head round and he out chipped/wedged me the rest of the round,..... My thought it as soon as i see the divot/chip mark on the grass i rapidly look up so i dont stop the arms/body...
Wow what a difference a few days and engraining a new swing feel makes,.........instead of good contact on 1/5 it was constantly good contact, every shot   instead of going hook/straight/push/draw/hook/push/top/top/thin.........................just straight fades everytime   I tried the 30% swing speed and just couldnt grasp it, slowing down so much seemed to only allow me way more time to do something wrong,   instead i took 3-4 slow practice swings getting the...
Thats the point though, he's a 20 handicapper, who has by the sounds of it that mental block,.........with all the tuition out there for the driver of sweep the ball, hit up on the ball, and all that, the first moment you put a ball on a tee whatever its height off the ground, subconciously you go back to those thoughts,   he knows he shouldnt, i know i shouldnt, but until you reach a certain level of good consistent golf, why not take that out of the equation?   im...
I agree with what you say to an extent,    but if i find a patch of grass that offers the perfect lie for me to tee the ball up on, i do that, and i know "mentally" "subconsiouly" whatever i gotta hit down on it ala fairway shot   If i in that same patch of grass, use a tee pushed all the way day to replicate the lie i could of achieved with the above method, 1) I dont see the actual gains to be had? 2) mentally or whatever i know its on a tee, i know i should hit down...
i dont bother with a tee, used to but no matter how far i push it down i cant hit down on it properly, must be psychological but alot of my buddies suffer the same,   i just find a really good lie on the tee box and place it there, and play as a normal fairway to green shot,,...........i find it to be the same sort of lie as placing a tee all the way into the ground, it just removes the thought of it being tee'd up   my buddies followed suite and none of us tee on a...
lol thanks, thats my plan,.......i was at 18hcp, hes at 16, but ive always kept him honest, lately hes closer to 14hcp and im closer to 20/21hcp so got some ground to make up!!!
thats what im trying to tell my friend whos coming, hes asked my plan it its simply 30%, steeper shoulders, shot result doesnt matter yet.   he doesnt get the "shot result doesnt matter" part, and to be honest without being on this forum neither would i, but it makes sense to when you imagine back to how you first started golf, it probably wasnt great but you stick at it till it works   people at work think im weird though cus we have massive mirrors in the loo's and...
sounds promising then lol, ive read through tons of member swing threads and a recurring theme is how they feel the new swing change but actually arent swinging much different as it takes so long to engrain, so im trying to not jump ahead to far to fast, but cant help be curious   im excited to hit balls tomorrow even if its just at 30% to see how it feels with a club weight in my hands, 
ok cool, thanks for the input, will hopefully post some video tomorrow night :) 
Mike/Erik   I didnt want to start another thread for this question and clog things up so thought id ask it here and hope you see it,   I'm spending 10-20 minutes a day in the mirror teaching myself a new shoulder plane, a steeper one as im really flat, im using your drills to help this and it feels good, at first it was awkward and painful, now it feels free,   Tomorrow i plan on a range session with my buddy videoing my swing and i plan on the 30% drill mike...