or Connect

Posts by carpediem4300

So this didnt last long haha head down and the pushes returned Went for a lesson and the video just shows me consistantly returning the face open from an in to out or straight down the line position, giving me the push slices or straight slices Quick grip tweak (left thumb moved from the 12 oclock position to the 2 oclock position on the shaft without actually strengthening the grip) Much more square at impact with all clubs and i can actually feel what the face is...
would make sense its something earlier in the swing,    any idea how I work back to figure that out? would rather properly fix the problem than band aid it
A random question - I know most of what I have read indicates the "keeping your head down" is a myth blah blah blah   But is it possible at impact or prior to impact to start looking for the ball to early to see where its gone?   I ask as playing the other day I hit straight pushes with every club all the way round and shorter than usual, and my playing partner said "your looking up out of the shot early"   So for the last few holes i focused on not looking up until...
Im trying to engrain this to stop the ott swing and shanks ive started to get Any good tips at all? As i get into the downswing at parallel the clubhead is outside of my hands and already starting to cut across Consistent shots i am not hitting!!
Played through 16 holes yesterday with the thought if sticking with the swing changes no matter what and was only 6+, got to the last two holes and dropped a further 10 shots lol love this game!!! Techrx - i get what u mean!! My pre-swing is to fire hips forward, keeps arms and hands close, on the final route into impact making a definate feel for "square face impact" like hammering a nail (theres a drill for that isnt there?) and i tell you what i nailed some of the...
1) weight not forward enough (cant tell from picture) 2) swinging out to in 3) not dropping the arms into impact, your throwing the club at it All the stuff im struggling with and your pre impact image is scarily similar to mine!!! Drill the pro has me on at the minute is from the top bump the left hip and get that weight going forward, and dropping the arms down feeling the right elbow in close to the right hip - this is helping me keep my hands closer to me and the...
Mixture tbh, mostly starting right and hooking back over again The joys of a swing change i guess Ive soent so many years trying to fix a block/block slice ive gone 100% the ither way haha, gotta work backwards now
Lol still shot a 97 but been low 80's most of the year so not great!!!Ernest jones - im still steep ish on the backswing, im also quite compact, the pro showed on the video why i was getting confused and thinking i was to inside-out when im actually outside-in, the hooks/blocks happen as my weightshift seings to my backfoot on the downswing combined with the ott move im hooking/shanking/blocking it slightly but with alot of slice spinIf i had a good weightshift forward id...
Well hit the range and really concentrated on dropping the hands deep on the downswing and attacking from the inside and made some great shots, bit inconsistent but something i can groove, Still struggling from hooking but i think thats flip orientated
On and my weightshift sucked on the downswing, halfway down id start falling back onto my right foot and hips stalled never getting forward