or Connect

Posts by carpediem4300

Played through 16 holes yesterday with the thought if sticking with the swing changes no matter what and was only 6+, got to the last two holes and dropped a further 10 shots lol love this game!!! Techrx - i get what u mean!! My pre-swing is to fire hips forward, keeps arms and hands close, on the final route into impact making a definate feel for "square face impact" like hammering a nail (theres a drill for that isnt there?) and i tell you what i nailed some of the...
1) weight not forward enough (cant tell from picture) 2) swinging out to in 3) not dropping the arms into impact, your throwing the club at it All the stuff im struggling with and your pre impact image is scarily similar to mine!!! Drill the pro has me on at the minute is from the top bump the left hip and get that weight going forward, and dropping the arms down feeling the right elbow in close to the right hip - this is helping me keep my hands closer to me and the...
Mixture tbh, mostly starting right and hooking back over again The joys of a swing change i guess Ive soent so many years trying to fix a block/block slice ive gone 100% the ither way haha, gotta work backwards now
Lol still shot a 97 but been low 80's most of the year so not great!!!Ernest jones - im still steep ish on the backswing, im also quite compact, the pro showed on the video why i was getting confused and thinking i was to inside-out when im actually outside-in, the hooks/blocks happen as my weightshift seings to my backfoot on the downswing combined with the ott move im hooking/shanking/blocking it slightly but with alot of slice spinIf i had a good weightshift forward id...
Well hit the range and really concentrated on dropping the hands deep on the downswing and attacking from the inside and made some great shots, bit inconsistent but something i can groove, Still struggling from hooking but i think thats flip orientated
On and my weightshift sucked on the downswing, halfway down id start falling back onto my right foot and hips stalled never getting forward
Cheers for that tom Had my lesson last night and wow, for years i thought my block/hook/shank was a result of as u say to far inside to out Turns out my backswing is relatively fine, the downswing though i throw my hands away from my body and get the clubhead way out in front and really cut across the ball Last night was blocks/shanks galore So im now trying to do more of what i was trying to stop doing and attack from the inside, hands closer to the body and laggin...
No kept it as consistent as an amateur can be consistent, then tried moving it back and the same happened, then foreard was worse lol My mate just suggested my grip was to strong perhaps? Id strengthed it to try and combat the block, perhaps the flatter downswing and strong grip dont like each other?
So after a long suffering few months of skying my irons high and right and blocking my driver i decided to start playing with my swing mid round yesterday and from the transition point i started trying to flatten my shoulder downswing plane and really pull hard left with my left shoulder to try and make my swing more rotational rather than "hitting" at the ball Well my irons went from high,short,right,shank,duffs to clean contact, decent distance and starting on line...
37.7 as u mentioned :) Will try a round gripped down see what happens