or Connect

Posts by carpediem4300

On and my weightshift sucked on the downswing, halfway down id start falling back onto my right foot and hips stalled never getting forward
Cheers for that tom Had my lesson last night and wow, for years i thought my block/hook/shank was a result of as u say to far inside to out Turns out my backswing is relatively fine, the downswing though i throw my hands away from my body and get the clubhead way out in front and really cut across the ball Last night was blocks/shanks galore So im now trying to do more of what i was trying to stop doing and attack from the inside, hands closer to the body and laggin...
No kept it as consistent as an amateur can be consistent, then tried moving it back and the same happened, then foreard was worse lol My mate just suggested my grip was to strong perhaps? Id strengthed it to try and combat the block, perhaps the flatter downswing and strong grip dont like each other?
So after a long suffering few months of skying my irons high and right and blocking my driver i decided to start playing with my swing mid round yesterday and from the transition point i started trying to flatten my shoulder downswing plane and really pull hard left with my left shoulder to try and make my swing more rotational rather than "hitting" at the ball Well my irons went from high,short,right,shank,duffs to clean contact, decent distance and starting on line...
37.7 as u mentioned :) Will try a round gripped down see what happens
Im 5'9" with a wrist to floor of 31" which is bordering 3/4" to an 1" off the length of my irons
Can anyone advise the issues of having irons that are 1" to long for my measurements? Got fitted for a driver last week and the pro got my driver cut down by 1" and im straighter/longer than before and my smash factor went Way up I presume this should translate in my irons also?
Random question Took a video of my on course swing yesterday and noticed the shaft on my driver was bending away from target just at and after parallel (picture below) Is this wrong/right? Is it the kick point causing this or the shaft flex?
Lol other way round, it got worse as i progressed!! One thought i had is not releasing the club enough, a few irons i hit went high and faded (i usually draw my irons) so wondered if i was holding the face open a presenting the leading edge to much? Usually is my problem
Had my best round ever yesterday shooting 81 with 8 pars and 10 bogeys But kept blading my chips and thinning my irons??? I play chips almost leaning solely on my left foot to avoid hanging back, No idea on my irons, i started puring them taking nice divots but as the round went on they got thinner and thinner with less and less divot Completely bemused.....