or Connect

Posts by luu5

I bet anyone winning that tournament had to score same, net...
 4 HI golfer is not that bad club golfer and depending on tournament I can believe he can win them as he is capable of shooting around par. Were the tournaments flighted or net or gross etc, this also affects the odds. If 4 HI shoots close to par in 7 tournaments, his HC will start to move quite soon. And in the end, why steady 4 HC could not win tournaments? That is why there is HC in the first place. Or perhaps I missed the irony.
First of all the post I replied to was about PGA rules, not Rules of Golf. Second, I do not quite understand what you are trying to explain. In one case you would not repair ball marks but move your ball, and in the next you do not move the ball. What is the difference? For a pro, the first one is easy, no moving of the ball. The next one is more tricky as RoG allow a Local Rule for relief if IO exists near green. This is in effect in some countries and e.g. on ET Tour. I...
 EGA uses USGA course rating practices so the CR and slope are comparable. For interest EGA HC manual gives following conversions,: CONGU -> EGA, (124 is approximate average slope of CONGU courses, i.e. end result is only an approximation)USGA -> EGA (same rating system) So UK person playing in US should multiply his HCI by 0.91 and then calculate playing handicap (course handicap).  To my understanding Norway uses EGA like rest of the continental Europe. I understand that...
 There are two HC systems in Europe. CONGU (islands) not using CR and slope (yet) and EGA (continental Europe) using CR and slope. So we (EGA) could use full USGA HC system but we are using Stableford like CONGU to calculate changes in HC. CR and slope are only used to calculate playing handicap (course handicap). This is done a little bit differently than in USGA as we apply all of it in one go PLAYING HCP = EXACT HCP x (SR / 113) + (CR - PAR) as we do not count...
Read the rule. Does it indicate a line or is it just grass laying down? If it is immediately behind the ball then it might be other rules you need to consult (improving lie).
 If I have understood correctly, CONGU is also sloping courses in UK, i.e. getting Course Rating and Slope. I think this would mean that SSS/CSS would be gone and CBA would enter ála EGA in continent Europe. As a side note, I have used an application to collect my statistics and my EGA HC is 15,5 and USGA about 20. So I have much more potential according to EGA than USGA. Both of them have this potentiality built in, either by Stableford or by 10 out of 20 average times...
 The ball was in play. Correct. Let´s not bring any red/yellow in this as it has nothing to do with ball being in grass. When there are some colourful lines, it makes things more complicated.
 Until this is really done, it is all just "I believe"s, "might"s, "guessing"s.
Was the ball lost? If it was then it is stroke and distance, i.e. penalty and retee. It does not matter if it was lost in OB or just in fescue. If the ball was not lost and it was not OB, then he can continue from there.   It is not lateral hazard if it is not marked as such. If it was lateral hazard (red stakes/line) then there are more options than just 2 cl.   So was it OB or not?