or Connect

Posts by RGoosen

Caledonia is awesome. I actually like True Blue even better. Caledonia has more scenic views, but True Blue is one of the most unique golf courses I have ever played. No two holes are alike. Generous off the tee with challenging greens/approach shot. Heritage and Legends - Moorland are outstanding as well if you haven't played them (Heritage and Legends - Moorland are fun for players that can at least break 90 on a regular basis. I can see how a high handicap would...
Yea...looking forward to the trip. Played them all except for Glen Dornoch, Prestwick, and Grande Dunes. The others are some of my favorite courses.
 Playing 9 rounds of golf in 6 days in Myrtle next week.  I'm sure the back will be sore by weeks end.  The key for me is to not do 36 holes more than 2 days in row. Playing:True BlueHeritageLegends - MoorlandLegends - HeathlandBarefoot - FazioGlen DornochCaledoniaPrestwickGrande Dunes
Top 3: 1) Natalie Gulbis 2) Azahara Munoz 3) Paula Creamer or Suzanne Peterson (toss up)   or   Alternate Top 3 1) Rory McIlroy 2) Bubba Watson 3) Retief Goosen or Angel Cabrera   Bottom 3 1) Caroline Hedwall (is she a guy or a girl) 2) Laura Davies 3) Christian Kim   or   Alternative Bottom 3 1) Rory Sabbatini (poster boy a-hole) 2) Jim Furyk (ugliest swing next to Charles Barkley and seriously painful to watch on the putting green - the more times he...
 It's amazing that someone that looks like a Telebubby (Dufner) can have a hot wife like Amanda Boyd. :)
 I was laughing at the concept of suggesting Willbrook after my previous experience.  In reality it is not that bad of a course.  I have been frustrated with some courses I have played in the past where the pace of play was too slow, however I have never been told by a marshall that they could "tell us to leave" for playing too fast at 3 1/2 hours!  In an era where pace of play is a huge issue you would think golf courses would welcome and encourage players to play in...
 True Blue is my favorite course I have played anywhere.Barefoot Love is great.Haven't played Grande Dunes but I have heard great things - playing there next monthTPC - didn't care for it that much...too much hype (Heritage, Tidewater, and Legends Moorland are can't miss courses that are far superior IMO)
Will brook :) A friend and I played there June 2013. We are low handicap players (5 and 7 respectively) and the guys we got paired with were really struggling. We were patient and never said a word. We got to a par 3 after a couple of holes. My friend and I were on the green about 10 to 15 feet from the hole on our tee shot. On of the guys sprayed two tee shots into the marsh. They told us they preferred we play ahead so they "wouldn't hold us up." We respected...
Well said. I know I can get around the course as a single digit handicap, but I have recently become frustrated with my inability to hit a draw. I stumbled upon this thread after seeing a clip from the recent matchplay event where they mentioned Scott Piercy's 10 finger grip. I am seriously considered the switch from my current interlocking grip.
  I totally don't understand how a round of golf takes 4 hours either.  Maybe our foursome takes 3 hrs 45 minutes if it is cart path only.  We usually play as a 3-someone and try to get one of the first tee times of the day.  We probably average 3 hrs 15-30 minutes.   I refuse to tee off after 8:30 am, because I know that the pace of play will be 4+ hours.  We actually have two courses that we frequently play at that will let you tee off 10 minutes before daylight.  It...