or Connect

Posts by RGoosen

Always been a fan of Bubba. I find him very entertaining. I like the unique swing. He obviously has ADD and unfortunately he doesn't have it under control. I get frustrated when he gets a little too "worked up", but it will take a lot more than that for me to dislike him. From what I understand is that he and his caddies are buddies. I kind of view their interactions similar to brother/sibling interactions. I take it with a grain of salt.
You are correct. The only patients we ever cast for this type of injury is if the patient is a a teenager and the parent believes their child will not be compliant with a boot. :) Even in that scenario the cast would come off in two weeks. I have had "2" confirmed Grade 3 ATF ligament tears in our office confirmed on MRI (more were suspected, but we don't order an MRI b/c the treatment doesn't change. They get short term immobilization and then rehab/PT. You would only...
Well said. I believe this would be the mindset of 90% of the PGA tour.
 If his ATF ligament is truly "completely torn", it would seem logical to suture it together surgically.  However, the orthopaedic research/literature/journals have shown poor outcomes in patients that have had surgery for ATF ligament tears.  Apparently it causes a significant reduction in range of motion.  As a result, it has to heal on its own and would likely take months to fully heal.  The big question is it truly "completely torn"?  That will indicate how long it...
 Coming from an Orthopaedic background I would say it is highly unlikely he will be able to effectively compete in the British Open. In my experience with my patients:1) Mild sprains - ankle brace, RICE, and home exercise program.  Return to sports when you can run without a limp.2) Moderate to Severe sprains - boot or cast for 10-14 days, then RICE and physical therapy that can take weeks to months to fully recover In addition, I get my patients off crutches ASAP unless...
I decided earlier this year that the only tournaments I will ever play in are scrambles. Therefore I decided golf was expensive enough as it is, so I play any cheap ball off the tee (except par 3's) and my Z-stars for the 2nd shot till holing the ball. I play for entertainment purposes only and will play this way in scrambles. I see no need to play an expensive ball off the tee unless I decide I will start playing stroke play events. There is always going to be rules...
I didn't care for Dye Club as well. Fazio and Love were much better and they were not "tricked out." You ought to try Prestwick and Legends - Moorland. The are both Dye courses that are much more playable for us golfers that are not professionals. :)
You will love Caledonia. It is easily in my top 20 golf courses I have played before. Most of the high end courses in Myrtle Beach that I have played are decent if not spectacular.I have only played two courses in the area that were high end courses that were a major disappointment (Dunes Club and TPC Myrtle).
 Sorry for the late reply. I like True Blue a little bit better.  Most people will say Caledonia.  Both courses have been ranked in the top 100 public courses over the years.  Caledonia is slightly more expensive.  Your assessment is pretty much spot on as far as design and course set up.  One of my golf friends described True Blue as having a little more risk vs reward design and Tobacco Road was a little more target golf oriented.  I played Pine Barrens in May and True...
 Sorry for the late reply. I had a full plate of golf of 10 rounds (9 regular rounds plus a scramble that week).  My last scheduled round was an afternoon tee time at Grande Dunes.  Unfortunately, I was exhausted and the heat index that day was 105 degrees. The staff at Grande Dunes was awesome.  I was upfront with them that I kind of overdid it for the week and they didn't hesitate to give me a rain check.  They definitely won me over in the customer service department.