or Connect

Posts by Wally Fairway

Some nice pairings: 8:10* Kuchar/Els/Mahan 8:20* Snedeker/Haas/McDowell 12:40 Spieth/DLIII/Watson (Tom)   8:40* Ames/Immelman/Faldo also, it would be awesome to let players take turns in the booth commenting on Faldos play
You are correct - putting, especially on a small sample size (like one tournament) is much related to how close approach shots are. If you can average 20' instead of 25', then your putting will be much improved. BTW - you need to footnote your comparing 1997 to the current year scores, buy noting that the course has changed between those years; longer, added 1st and 2nd cut of rough, etc. Not saying 1997 wasn't awesome, but it isn't the same.
It reminded me of when Charl Schwartzel won the 2011 Masters - his round wasn't even really being covered by the broadcast crew who were watching the epic Rory meltdown and Charl going birdie/birdie/birdie/birdie to finish didn't make broadcast noise until 17 (as I recall it). The difference yesterday being Bubba never had a slip after the a bobble at 10.
Good news for Rick Martin - Kevin Na is scheduled to play in the RBC, maybe he can work on qualifying for NEXT years Masters (or The Open Championship).   FWIW - I looked up Kevin Na's record at the majors - he has:   Masters - played in 4, missed the cut twice, best finish T12 2012 US Open - played in 3, missed the cut twice, best finish T29 2012 British - played in 3, missed the cut twice, best finish T27 2010 PGA - played in 4 (plus 1 WD), missed the cut once,...
Not really  - look at his scorecard, Phil was -3 for 33 holes, and +8 on the other 3 holes. Most amazingly, at least to me, is that his triple on 7 and 12 did not involve putting a ball in the water
and you know what that looks very much similar to??? (I guess it is a week field at The Open Championship too, with past champions, Am winners, the Mark McCormick medal winner....those last 2 groups have never won a professional tourney - sheesh! http://www.theopen.com/en/Players/ExemptPlayers.aspx 1. The Open Champions aged 60 or under on 20 July 2014.2. The Open Champions for 2004-2013.3. The Open Champions finishing in the first 10 and tying for 10th place in The Open...
 I thought Arnie looked like he was struggling at the end of the Par 3 contest yesterday. He looks much better in this photo (though I'm not sure what day it is from)
Maybe those who are "snubbed" could play in the par-3 event, because that last time I looked the Master is an invitational tournament. The most limited field of any major, which makes it the toughest to get into and some say the easiest to win. "Easy" because there are so many who are invited, but have no realistic chance come Sunday.   If the players who are active on tour feel like they are being snubbed then they can either win a tournament, or place high enough for...
There are a lot of choices, most for less than the $60-$75 round - considering in 1/2 hour you can be in Kalamazoo or Jackson.   Here is something you really want to remember - the Oakland Hills that you might see near Battle Creek is not THE Oakland Hills, one is a very plain public course right on I-94, the other (Oakland Hills Country Club) is a very elite private course only about 2 hours away.
Matt Kuchar -11 Francesco Molinari -11 Steve Stricker -11