or Connect

Posts by Losttsol

If you don't really compress the ball much when you swing, I don't think either of them are worth any more than a Top Flite.
When I hit the drive high on the face, it's always a straight high pull which would be opposite of you.  So, taking my extensive knowledge of physics into the answer, I'm thinking you're you're swinging slightly flat with the face a touch open.
Couldn't tell where the ball went, but you looked up way to quick.  The swing looked pretty good to me though.
Well, the second time was a charm I guess.  I took my hybrid out to the range today for another go at figuring it out.  I made a lot of progress.  The club really likes a more downward swing angle, more than I normally use with my long irons.  Once I got the club to meet the turf and the ball at the same time, the ball really popped.  My best hits were fairly straight with just a tail to the right at the end.  It was going a little further than my 3-iron as well.  Still...
Every really good drive or long shot I have done, my finish has always just felt right.  I don't always realize what I'm doing prior, but at the end, my body is fairly upright, arms extended, and it feels effortless.  You almost feel like you're posing at the end, but you can't help it.  I sometimes wonder if you could just practice driving by trying to get to that perfect finishing position and not worrying so much about everything else.  If you're flipping at impact,...
This reminds me of what the starter was telling us one day.  He posts these pictures on the outside of the starter's booth many days.  Just things to think about, pretty cool actually.  He had a printout of pictures of Nicklaus, Tiger, and two other golfers (don't remember) showing the moment of impact of their drives.  He asked us what was the same in all the pictures.  I didn't see it at first, but he told us how they all kept their right elbow tucked in during the...
After the first day, I must say that Tiger looks very strong.  He's the one to beat.
Day 1 Leader:  David Toms Day 2 Leader:  Jim Furyk and Bubba Watson tied Day 3 Leader:  Ricky Fowler Day 4 Winner:  Playoff between Ricky Fowler and Phil Mickelson...Mick wins.
I bought a used Ping G10 18 degree hybrid, trying to fill a gap between my 4 wood and my 3 iron.  I've only been to the range once with it and it was awful.  I tried everything.  Hitting it hard, hitting it soft, swinging like an iron, sweeping it more like a wood, hitting off a tee, you name it.  I couldn't get the thing to go much more than 160yds and it was an ugly ball flight.  Lower trajectory than my 4 wood and would just die like a wounded duck.   I never got it...
I used to live in Florida and went to the course by myself one day to play a round.  I got paired up with another gentleman who must have been around 60-65, I was in my late twenties.  I'll never forget, he had a set of Cleveland blades which I don't think I had ever seen before.  He said he normally played from the blues and asked where I played from.  I usually play from the whites, but I told him I'd play from the blues as well (didn't want to let the old man totally...