or Connect

Posts by longbow

So my wife and I had a very very dear friend pass a few years back and went out and so so we bought a "cottage" in a Marina near Pultneyvile NY.  Then last year we bought a big ass boat for fishing so over the last say 3-4 years I haven't been playing golf.  I on occasion hit balls at Big Oak driving range in E. Roch NY.  Which leads me to this post.  I look around at the folks there at the driving range hitting balls with abandon.  I mean getting up there on the matts and...
Long time no post.  But on the subject of TW, I told my bro this, everyone is as good now as he was back in the mid to late 90's.  When he came on the scene no one had a work ethic like him, no one. Now they all do.  That about says it all.  thanks
Here is the secret to hitting a 2 iron.  Buy a rescue wood, hybrid, 4 wood or whatever you want to call it!  OR, reshaft the 2 with a softer shaft with a lower kick point, maybe a graphite shaft. Nicklaus used to do that.  He would have his scoring clubs with as stiff  of a shaft as he could manage for accuracy, his mid irons with a shaft he normally used and his long irons with a softer shaft to get height and distance but he didn't expect pin point accuracy like on his...
Hey Golf Man which match did you watch?  The single most stupid post is yours trying to analyze what Love was trying to do.  What his strategy did was cost us the Ryder Cup which isn't to hard to see.  I mean 4.5 points is what he had to win.  These choke monsters couldn't even do that.  I mean he didn't realize that the Euro's were going to try and start hard and fast?  Give me a break.  When the U.S. players had to hit shots and make putts count they just plain...
THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB EVER SEEN IN GOLF.  THESE ARE PROFESSIONALS' RIGHT?  I WOULDN'T WATCH ANY OF THESE GUYS ANYMORE AT ANYTIME OR ANYWHERE.  I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NERVES ETC.ETC.  OUT COACHED, OUT PLAYED, AND DOWN RIGHT SHAMEFUL TO EVEN CALL THESE GUYS PROFESSIONALS.  Ok that's it done ranting but stand by what I said above.  Just about the worst performance of a team of pro's ever witnessed by the world of golf.  thanks for nothing U.S. team
Read my post about the Ginty I found in my old cart bag of wooden clubs.  A superb club maybe the easiest and best club I've ever hit and I shite you not.  thanks  
I am tellin anyone that will listen that this is with out question the easiest club to hit well I've ever played bar none.  Played yesterday and the wind was blowing about 25-30 mph by the lake.  Playing the back 9 at Ozzie's Corner golf in Hamlin NY.  Went there cause usually during the day there are 0 folks there in the early afternoon and the greens although for the most part are small they are SUPERB.  Like walking on a firm sponge and super clean too.    So with...
That is the club I have!  Stan Thompson.  Holy moly what a sweet club and great info.  thanks
So on Sun when we got back from our camp I went down to the basement to seek out some 2 blade broad heads to put on some old arrows that I am going to use for hunting this year.  Shooting a Hill Ol Timer and old(but excellent cedar arrows).  Now what does this all have to do with golf.   Well saw my old pro bag(cart bag) in the corner and of course it is full of clubs.  Mostly wooden sticks.  So didn't find the bh's due to my wife re-arranging stuff so go over and...
Ok so I have written here on occassion on my woe's with distance.  All that not with standing, last week and this week I started to play way way better.  What I did in a nutshell is to start using my 7 wood way more.  If I am inside 150 I'll use an iron, if I am outside of that I'll use my 7 wood.  Depending on the distance depends on how much I choke down.  Today through 6 holes I was even par on the East course at the Parks in Churchville NY.  Finished 6 over.  That is...