or Connect

Posts by longbow

So last week I hooked with this fella on Wed. that would crush the ball off the tee.  No short game though.  So today I drive out to Chruchville NY to the Parks Course's out there.  Play the east course.  Hard course, lots of water and sand traps etc.etc.  Well nobody really there so I say to myself why not play a ball from the blue and then the white tees'.  Just to see if it makes that big of a difference.  Bottom line I was 2 shots better through 4 holes from the...
I did the same thing back in the late 90's.  What I found was a much larger grip helped.  Non tapered big grips.  Might cure the hook you are getting now.  Hope this helps.  Never stayed with it, went back to the overlapping grip.  thanks  
What?  I only said Asian cause he is.  Korean I think cause his name was Kim.  He was small but pounded the mack daddy all day long.  His short game sucked and he knew it and said so.  My long game ain't so long but my short is decent, pretty much so and he said that.  Take that first hole I hit it in from 100 yds and missed the green by about 5 yards.  He went over the green by about 5 yds.  I pitched to 2' and he pitched to about 12'.  I saved par and he didn't by 2...
Last Wed. I played the south course in Churchville NY, a Parks golf course.  Nice and long but very open with very little in the way of hazards save for the rough and trees.  I hooked up on the first tee with an Asian dude that weighed about 150 lbs soaking wet.  Off the first tee he lets' it rip and I mean he had like 50 yds left in.  I wanna say the first hole on the south course is about 339 yds maybe.  So anyways as the round progressed this guy could out right smack...
Here are 3 I really like but I ain't long but I am accurate.  The 2010 Top Flite E I think it is called.  I bought 3 boxes this spring and have used 3 sleeves from one box.  It is a very excellent ball with great attributes and if I didn't own so many of the Noodles and Wilson Duo's I just might play this one all the time. An old ball, the Noodle soft and long.  I really like it.  Doesn't roll out much on the green so it gets good bite but I skin it easily, and that...
Ok here's the deal.  I've found that a set of very old clubs I made back about 96 when I started to play the irons seem to very are long.  Clones of Ping Eye 2's.  So close in fact Karsten sued the company and won.  I find that these are a half a club to a full club longer than say my Hogan Edge GCD's.  And for that fact longer than all of my iron sets save for Callway X16's I have.  So the scenario is this, 155 out, 7 iron in the Pro Tours but they may be a bit right or...
I've so many sets of irons I could probably start a small business selling off what I don't use.  thanks  
I look for optimum ball flight in my irons.  Nice and high in the 7-sw and more boring in the 4-6 irons.  Whatever shaft gives me that flight I'll use.  I've always found flighted rifle shafts in my TM irons to be very decent shafts but really could never feel the kick of the shaft.  Irons I have in DG R300 I can feel the shaft kick and love the feel of them.  So mostly I play I DG R300 shafts.  I have a set of DCI's OS that have the tri step shaft in them and frankly...
I play a 907D2 driver and the above mentioned 3 and 7 woods in steel R300 DG shafts.  Absolutely wonderful fairway woods.  Good length and workability.  Cheap off the bay too.  thanks  
I think I am going to quit screwing around with changing out irons etc.etc.  These Pro Tours are going to stay in the bag for now.  These are ridiculous for really how good of a club they are.  My 6 iron down to the 4 iron really have a nice ball flight.  Just a nice ark to the ball when sweeted and decent roll.  What I am really impressed with though are the 7-sw.  I mean I don't hit my normal sw more than 80-85yds on a good day.  I can comfortably hit this sw 110 yds...