or Connect

Posts by longbow

I look for optimum ball flight in my irons.  Nice and high in the 7-sw and more boring in the 4-6 irons.  Whatever shaft gives me that flight I'll use.  I've always found flighted rifle shafts in my TM irons to be very decent shafts but really could never feel the kick of the shaft.  Irons I have in DG R300 I can feel the shaft kick and love the feel of them.  So mostly I play I DG R300 shafts.  I have a set of DCI's OS that have the tri step shaft in them and frankly...
I play a 907D2 driver and the above mentioned 3 and 7 woods in steel R300 DG shafts.  Absolutely wonderful fairway woods.  Good length and workability.  Cheap off the bay too.  thanks  
I think I am going to quit screwing around with changing out irons etc.etc.  These Pro Tours are going to stay in the bag for now.  These are ridiculous for really how good of a club they are.  My 6 iron down to the 4 iron really have a nice ball flight.  Just a nice ark to the ball when sweeted and decent roll.  What I am really impressed with though are the 7-sw.  I mean I don't hit my normal sw more than 80-85yds on a good day.  I can comfortably hit this sw 110 yds...
These are TT lite stiff shafts.  I am tellin ya these hit very long and you are right about the ball thing.  These really skin it.  You get a nice fuzzy ball after playing it a bit, like 9 holes.  I wished I had put better shafts in them though.  My X16's hit long as do my Titelist DCI over size irons. The DCI's have the tri step shaft which may be just a tad to whippy for me.  But I have the full set of them as I do the Pro's and my 981's.  I should probably just put...
My Ping clones are Pro Tour not Pro Force.  Here is a pic of the MARS and Pro Tour. 
When I was playing and started playing in the mid 90's I got into the game so much that I decided I should try and put together a set of irons.  Had a local guy that was a known club builder give me a few tips and watched a bit as he put together several sets of irons for fella's over the course of a week.   So I ordered a set of MARS 1969 muscle/cavity back heads(at the time these were expensive) and had him tip some TT lites for me.  Not quite stiff but not reg....
Up until this week I would have said that my driving and short game are what makes me a bit better than a bogey golfer.  My driver is a Titelist 907 D2 stiff Diamana shaft.   Something like that.  Gray colored and S flex.  I only play 9 holes and I walk.  The only good drive I hit today I nutted it, pull left and hit the very top of a very tall tree about 180 out and fell straight down.  You could here it bouncing off limbs.  If it didn't hit the tree it might have gone...
I suck!  If I could get off the tee I might have something going for myself.  Now what I really discovered is that if the hole is 400 yds or there abouts, I hit my tee shot 200 yds( very very short even for me), I hit my 22deg Titelist FW  I am almost pretty much consistently on or near the green.  Extremely easy to hit wood, R300 shaft.  Pitch and/or putt.  Done.  SO my thought is this, how come I can hit my 22deg about 200 yds consistently.  I can layoff it and get 185...
I found a pull cart in the garage that I don't think was ever used.  I don't even know when it was bought to tell the truth.  Covered with spider eggs etc so hosed that off and used it yesterday.  No discoloration on my clothes!  ha ha.  I called Wilson Sports and they had never heard of the issue either but they sent me 6 doz golf balls for my trouble.  That was pretty cool.  I didn't even want anything from them only any suggestions.  Maybe I'll try washing the straps...
Take them to Dick's Sporting Goods if one is around you.  The certified PGA pro can bend them for you for 4.50 a club.  I take all mine that I need the lie adjusted too the one in Greece NY.  Don is a pretty decent fella and usually does them for me when I am right there.  I have several sets of GCD's Edge Hogans and truth be told if all else fails me I go back to these sticks.  Which I am about to do as I have totally sucked this week.  Anyways great sticks but made for...