or Connect

Posts by longbow

I played Sat the east course at Churchville.  I think I like this layout the best of the 3.  It is more difficult but shorter than the other 2.  It was a beauty day too, once the rain cleared out.  Although windy, which might be an understatement.  Some of the flags were bent almost sideways and I ain't kiddin.  Kind of let up later in the p.m. but I was out there early p.m. and really not a soul around.  Kind of like my own private course!  Took my Callaway X16's and...
AY truer words were never spoken.   I am going to play today in the p.m.  Will take my X16's again.  I think I am putting to much stress on myself when out there enjoying the game thinking about how far I think I should this club or that club should go.  Just going to go out and see what happens.  thanks
Yep noticed the same thing. 
I have been bemoaning the fact that I have lost distance since I quit playing in the late 90's and restarted playing last year.  I'm 58 and in reasonable shape from working out etc.  And I love walking 9 carrying my bag.  So yesterday I'm at the local grocery store and buy a couple of golf mags, which I rarely rarely do.  In the back of one they have a couple of pages of club tests done by "normal" folks that play golf.  So I'm glancing at the stats and notice that with...
I played 9 yesterday, which is pretty much what I always play, just 9 holes.  East course in Churchville, a Parks course.  I played well too for me.   the 5th hole is a par 4 from the whites and a par 5 from the blue/yellows.  I was playing from the blues.  So par 5 for me.  Hit a drive about 240 yds. in the fairway, that includes roll.  Might have been a bit less.  Anyways there is a very large pond that winds along the fairway and comes into play if you want to...
My brother is saying the same thing!  I don't know maybe just can't accept the fact I ain't what I used to be.  Want to play today and maybe I will but it sure is freaking hot and humid.  I don't take carts, I walk for the exercise.  The one thing I'm stoked for is my driving.  Thurs. like I said I actually can say I pounded the ball!  A couple of holes like the first 2 sucked but then got in a rhythm.  Maybe I"ll play with the X16's I have.  They are pretty forgiving...
I misspoke on the shaft flex for the Hogans, they are a 3 but they are APEX 3 which is regular flex from what I understand.  APEX 4 are stiff.  I played 4 days in a row last week.  Mon-Thurs.  Each day was bit better than the one before it, so that ain't bad I guess.  Matter of fact Thurs was the best day of all especially driving. I found a Srixon ball and played with that the last 4 holes.  I was playing at Churchville in Monre County, it is a County course and has 3 9...
Actually it is decent.  Nice and boring with my mid and long irons and high with my short irons.  Seems like that is how it should be.  I have a ton of irons to choose from.  Bought up over a dozen sets since last year and the best for me seem to be Hogan Edge GCD's or believe it or not Founders Club Traditional Royale with a firm graphite shaft.  The Hogans have a S3 shaft in them.  thanks     PS  case in point today.  I went out to Hamlin NY and played a little 18...
Ok I said it.  I am accurate but I don't hit them far.  My avg drive is probably 230 yds and 3 wood maybe 215-220 depending.  Sometimes I hit these further but I would say the avg is about what I stated.  Now I can live with these distances with the driver and wood but my irons sometimes are so frustrating it isn't funny.   Case in point.  I played a parks course yesterday next to where I live.  Durand Eastman.  Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed course and cheap enough...
I started a thread about all the sets I have bought since last year when I started playing again.  Some great sticks and some not so great.  Yesterday I took a set out with carbon fiber shafts, Founders Club Royales.  I paid 10 bucks nib for these plus shipping off the bay.  The most inexpensive clubs I have purchased.  They hit wonderfully.  I was surprised at how well they played actually.  I know I hit them at the range but don't think I played with them.  Very...