or Connect

Posts by longbow

I keep the ball pos. the same I just move my back foot more or less depending on the club!  thanks
Ok I might have been fibbing here with the TM Firesoles.  Reason I say this I have 3 sets of Hogans.  Apex graphite shafted GCD's, Apex steel #3 Edge, and just bought a set of Edge GCD's, in the Apex 3 shafts at a garage sale the other day.  So anyways the garage sale set I bought were in nice cond., useable grips and all I had to do is clean them up  and I buffed up the bottoms with a little hand held belt grinder.  For 30 bucks for a full set how can you go wrong...
Ok so got back into the game last year.  Been buying up sets of clubs off the bay when I see something that I always wanted to try but never had the cash.  Mostly clubs from when I stopped playing so pre 2K.  An example of stuff I have owned and still own are Titelist, Ping, Hogan, Wilson, Founders Club, Callaway, Taylor made, and oh yea Lynx Black Cats.    So here is my take on these sticks.  The easiest by far to hit accurately with good distance and a nice boring...
What I do and I got this tip from reading Golf my Way by J.N. is to go behind my ball.  Pick out a target in front of the ball about 18" or so away.  Line the ball up with that target along your target line.  Next move up to the ball and align the club face behind the ball in line with the target you picked out in front of your ball.  Make sure all 3 are lined up correctly and then take your stance.    Now another you can do if you are aiming left if the above...
I don't know about the "other" fingers and pressure points.  But I do know that my right hand pointer finger(I am right handed), depending on how I have it on the grip, will depend alot on what type of shot I hit.  My right hand index finger more under the grip and not as hooked and I will hit a high fade.  Reliably too. ie) right hand a wee bit under the grip.     With my pointer finger more down the shaft with a bit more pressure on the inside of the finger and a...
I don't know any pro's that play to 4 or 8.  What I am saying is that it seems to me when the pro's win a couple of tournaments or more so a couple of Major events they seem to revamp there swing.  All I am saying is that I pretty much got mine back over the course of 5 months of playing and pounding balls in July and Aug.  I ain't great but better actually than alot of folks I see playing.  So why would a touring pro fix what ain't broke?  I am a bit better than a bogey...
Just picked the game back up this year after an 11 year layoff.  Have purchased numerous sets of clubs off the bay mostly because when I played back then I couldn't afford what I am buying now cheap off the bay.  That being said I was touting the Fire Sole irons by TM as probably being the most forgiving I have found.  That includes, Wilson, Ping, Callaway and Titelist.  A couple of others like Hossom, and Founders Club(which these are actually very very good players...
Well I am glad to see I am not alone!  Just put a set of the PE2's on the bay and will see what happens.  Iron sets are what I bought the most of but I ain't saying I haven't purchased other clubs, like Nickent hybrids, which I think SUCK!, a couple of new fw's from Cleveland, and a couple of drivers, the best of which for me has turned out to be Titelist D2 907 or something like that.  I just know I hit it decent, not long mind you but decent.  A couple of really nice...
I kill me.  Since I started playing again in may of this year I bet I have bought at least one set of irons every 3 weeks.  Off the bay.  I see a set I always wanted to try back in the 90's or so and couldn't afford them.  Now they are considerably less expensive so I buy them to see how they play. My best sets yet are two sets of TM Firesoles, one custom series and one pro series.  Outside of the pro series having graphite shafts I can't tell the difference in the clubs...
Yep I know it you are not supposed to sway but when I make my turn my head moves in back of the ball so I assume where my head goes my body follows.  Seemed to work pretty good for me doing this.  That and my grip seemed pretty functional too.  I have a trigger finger on my left ring finger so had a shot today for that and I am wondering if that didn't or doesn't contribute to some of my maladies in thinning the ball as in letting go of the grip somewhat.  thanks