or Connect

Posts by longbow

Played yesterday with the Pi7's.  Didn't hit one worm burner with mid to short irons.  Very windy conditions from Irene I guess.   Not to say I didn't with my 4 iron but that is just me hitting a 4 iron in this set.  Seems the only decent 4 iron I hit is with my TM Firesoles.  The only thing I did is to modify my ball position just a bit more forward and like I said earlier I sway a tad bit back when swinging.  Don't know if that is right or not but it seems to be...
The best part of my game is driving the ball be it with a driver or wood.  My swing speed is around 91-96 measured by the Bridgestone swing team at Big Oak in June of this year.  My drives usually go anywhere from 210-240 yds, of carry unless the ball is going down hill then it might be a bit longer.  I don't see how folks with this swing speed even come close to 270 yds of carry?  Now this being said I play a small muni in Hamlin NY alot just cause I like it and the...
I went over to Lake Shore CC today this p.m. after looking at the posts here and viewing some vids here and on U tube.  I am hitting X18's I just bought the other day(used of course).  For the most part I did alright but not great.  Still hitting the ball alot of time on the bottom 2 or 3 grooves of the club.  Not all the time but alot.  I am really trying to stay down on the ball when hitting through it.  Now what I did notice right off is that it seemed I was playing...
Thanks fella's.  I think I am also going to try and go back to a modified 10 finger grip.  It seems years ago, like back in the 90's when I played well this worked pretty good for me.  Almost like the second fella said allowing my right arm to clear underneath my chin.  thanks
I think I am going back to the 10 finger.  I used to use that years ago and played to a 9 hc.  Ain't kiddin either.  Actually it was kind of a modified 10 finger cause I would squish my pinky up tight, it wasn't over the finger but like half way up it.  Anyways I am thinning the ball like no tomorrow so I am going to give this a shot and see how it works.  When I used this grip my right hand seemed to be more spread out on the grip, sounds wierd but had more grip down...
Here's the deal, I am consistently thinning my irons.  It doesn't matter it seems which set of irons I am playing and believe me I have a great choice.  I am consistently hitting the bottom two grooves.  Not only that it seems when I do make contact my ball flight isn't very high nor does it seem very long.  Totally frustrated.   I hit my driver well and my woods well so go figure.  thanks
A continuation of this thread.  Ok played 9 on thurs and fri.  Used my Lynx black cat forged cb's with the linx firm flex graphite shafts.  Par 3 210 yds, flew the green with the 4 iron.  Couldn't believe it.   I almost ended up on the blue tee box on the next hole.  Which is about 30 yds from the green at about a 45 deg angle.  Appeared to have about 10 yds or so of roll out.  Played the same little course on Fri pm but this time hit a 5 iron same club set and actually...
Found out two things today playing these sticks.  One is I am swinging to much.  In other words my left arm is breaking down trying to bring my club to parallel.  Shortened up my back swing and hit a couple of nice full irons.  However not much distance on them.  For instance par 3 175 yds, hitting to a slightly elevated green.  Pull a 6 and nutted it.  Lands about 15 yds short, no roll etc.  Tee another one up cause I am by myself and same thing, full flush contact and...
I bought them off ebay.  Cheap, and I mean cheap and they look like they hardly have been used.  It just seems wierd to me that I can hit s300 w/sensicore in them in the Firesoles and I can't hit r300's in the iP7's or the Ping Eye 2's.  I can hit my Hogans decently in S4 Apex graphite and S4 steel etc.etc.etc.  But I can't hit r300 shafts which makes absolutely no sense to me.  Ok that's it.  thanks for the input etc.etc.
Ok here's the deal.  Ordered my last set of irons.  Wilson iP7's.  Have the DG r300 shafts.  Standard length and lie.  I really like the way these Wilson's set up at address and again if anyone has been following the last few months have been buying iron sets at bargain prices.  Now I also have a set of PE 2's with the same shafts.  I also have a set of TM Firesoles with DG stiff shafts with sensicore in them.    Why is it that I can hit the DG s300 with sensicore,...