or Connect

Posts by longbow

Found out two things today playing these sticks.  One is I am swinging to much.  In other words my left arm is breaking down trying to bring my club to parallel.  Shortened up my back swing and hit a couple of nice full irons.  However not much distance on them.  For instance par 3 175 yds, hitting to a slightly elevated green.  Pull a 6 and nutted it.  Lands about 15 yds short, no roll etc.  Tee another one up cause I am by myself and same thing, full flush contact and...
I bought them off ebay.  Cheap, and I mean cheap and they look like they hardly have been used.  It just seems wierd to me that I can hit s300 w/sensicore in them in the Firesoles and I can't hit r300's in the iP7's or the Ping Eye 2's.  I can hit my Hogans decently in S4 Apex graphite and S4 steel etc.etc.etc.  But I can't hit r300 shafts which makes absolutely no sense to me.  Ok that's it.  thanks for the input etc.etc.
Ok here's the deal.  Ordered my last set of irons.  Wilson iP7's.  Have the DG r300 shafts.  Standard length and lie.  I really like the way these Wilson's set up at address and again if anyone has been following the last few months have been buying iron sets at bargain prices.  Now I also have a set of PE 2's with the same shafts.  I also have a set of TM Firesoles with DG stiff shafts with sensicore in them.    Why is it that I can hit the DG s300 with sensicore,...
Why the heck can't I hit these irons?  These are shafted with DG r300 shafts, orange dot cause I play a flat lie and standard lengths.  I mean I just played 9 today and drove the ball reasonably well, 18 deg Orlimar hit well, but any one of the irons I gotta tell ya I just couldn't make contact with them.  I can play just about any other iron set I have and I have a few but these Ping's are friggin killing me.  Ok rant over. thanks   PS I just put them in a club box...
Just started back in the game in May.  I swing smooth and hit my 7 iron right at about 145 maybe a few yds more if I try a lower ball flight.  My drives are about 230 avg but sometimes I can pop one 250 or so, all carry.  It's wierd too cause it doesn't seem to matter with my drives if I try to hit them low or high they all end up about the same.  Same goes for my irons.  More than once I'll hit what you would call a worm raper, only to find that it isn't that much less...
I'll try and get a pic up of them.  Truthfully for the bucks spent and even if they were much more they are damn good irons.  I bought a set of Founders Club Standard Royals off the bay, might have been from the vendor, again for 35 bucks plus shipping, it may even have been 25 bucks and shipping cause no one bid on them.  Firm flex graphite shafts and like the Howson's damn fine clubs.  A players club to be sure but just excellent sticks.  thanks
Have played a couple of rounds with the Howson cb's.  These have reg. flex graphite shafts.  Well the irons play well.  Very thin or narrow soled irons just like the GCD's I have.  Matter of fact the edges to the irons feel sharp so even on hard fairways' they can dig in to take a divot.  I also notice that they aren't that forgiving on mishits, typical more so of blade type irons than you would think cb's are.  I also notice that you have to be a decent striker of the...
Well been trying many different sets of sticks since I got back into the game.  I have come to the conclusion that it is absolutely the individual more than it is any equipment.  Case in  point there is a kid playing along with me for a couple of holes this pm.  He is using what appears to be a cheap K Mart Knight golf set.  This kid is probably 15.  He hits the ball full on with just about every shot and he murders it too.  Me, I'm playing with the set of Howson's I...
Well picking up the game again after a long lay off of many years, I surely don't hit my irons as I used to.  So a 170 yd shot for me will more than likely be a 5 iron.  My 7 iron is about 140-145 yds.  I have always stuck to the philosophy that Mark O'Meara has and that is I hit my irons the more traditional distances, or what they are supposed to be hit.  Now all this being said on occasion I will choose an iron for a specific distance and hit longer than I planned. ...
First off tee up on as far right of the tee box as you can.  Aim left too.  Second, tee the ball up, address the ball so it is in the middle of your stance.  Take you left foot and point it to the left BUT DO NOT STEP TO YOUR LEFT JUST POINT YOUR TOE TO THE LEFT.  Next step to the right at shoulders width or slightly wider.  Next drop your right foot back off the target line a couple of inches.  Now your driver should be about 4" behind the tee'd ball as the club rests...