or Connect

Posts by longbow

I have a 3 and 4 hybrid DX3's from Nickent and can't hit them to save my life.  Go figure.  When I do connect with them it is low and right.  thanks
I think it is in Golf my Way.  I could be wrong though, but I do know he initiated this piece of advice.  He was talking about his club make up.  He said he used an A flex or senior flex in his long irons, stiff in the mid irons and Xstiff in his scoring irons.  My brother mentioned once when he was writing a golf column for his newspaper, The Daily News, that he saw several tour players using this advice.  But this was back in the 90's I do believe.  Stands to reason...
What I do to practice without hitting balls is to swing a broom.  Start out by swinging it like a bat and then gradually lower it towards the deck.  Do this for a few minutes at a time.  You will be surprised how your swing and power improves.  You will feel the broom head lagging behind and then release.  thanks
Easiest to hit long irons I have ever played are TM Firesole irons.  I hit a bucket yesterday at Big Oak golf and concentrated when I first started on my 4 iron, thinking it may have been a fluke I hit it so well when I played 9 Fri.  Well it wasn't apparently.  I have two different sets of Firesoles, a tour grind model with gaphite shafts, Pro Launch or Pro Logic or something like that.  The second set are steel shafted DG S300 with seniscore, and these are labeled...
Thanks for the info.  The Howson are a small off shoot of HIPPO golf for the European's.  Just bought a set of c.b.'s instead of the forged for 39 bucks, nib.  Had to pay shipping though.  I figure for the price of a round of golf I bought a new set of clubs!  Might scarf the forged cb's too cause they are cheap too.  thanks man
Looking at a forged set of the Howson/Hippo line of clubs.  These are from G.B. but can't find any sort of review on them.  thanks for any help
Took delivery of a set of TM Firesole irons, tour edition.  These have the graphite pro launch shafts.  Anyways set consists of 2-pw.  Only used the 4-pw and had my Nickent 3DX with me too.  These consist of the 3 and 4 hybrid I bought but only took the 4.  Long story short wind kicked up wicked along Lake Ontario so seemed to be playing a lot of longer shots which stands to reason.  Hybrids have the regular flex shaft and have to tell ya the regular feels like an X...
Just bought another set of TM Firesole tour irons.  These have a grafaloy stiff shaft, 2-pw and are actually pretty darn mint for dirt cheap and free shipping off evil bay.  I liked the first set I bought so much that I figured if no one bid on these and I got them for the asking price it would be a bargain.  If someone did bid on them and I lost out so what, right.  Anybody know what the difference is between the tour models and the regular model?  Ok that's it I'm done...
Any body know about these irons by Taylor Made?  These are oversized, say HEATER on the sole,tour model in the cavity along with tour model and are oversized with a what a thin top line.  They aren't bigger up and down top to bottom if you will, but the head is longer with a red TM on the end of the cavity back.  Narrow sole. Pawn shop has them.  I stop there on occassion to look at there guitars and they have a full set of these irons.  150 is what they are asking R80...
I keep my grips clean and do so once a week with a scrubbing and washing.  My brother told me to dump a can of Coke or Pepsi on the grips before I play.  He said let it dry completely and your grips will be tacky throughout the round.  I may try this just to see if it really works.  thanks   PS  I assume any type of sugary soda will work though