or Connect

Posts by longbow

Holy crap.  Now here's the deal with this tape series.  My best friend who is now deceased and I used to play back in the 90's.  Not very well either, especially me as I wasn't really into the game and mostly just drove the cart and drank PBR's.  Now my friend here after a day out  shooting about 100, decided that he was going to get serious about the game.  What he ended up doing is buying the full set of tapes from this fella, McCrary.    He ended up  going from...
I just picked the game up again in May after a very long layoff and have been buying many different iron sets cause I find them cheap on ebay.  Now these aren't the current models of TM, Hogan, or Callaway etc. but still back when I gave it up in 99 these sets I have bought were premium sets.  So here are my thoughts:   TM Firesole irons, tour edition and custom series edition, some of the best hitting irons I have ever tried.  Even the long irons are excellent Ben...
I think for a shaft that isn't stiff enough for your swing all things being equal, the ball will go right.  But I could be wrong.  I just picked up a set of Howson irons today via USPS and these are regular flex in graphite.  My swing speed is around 90-93 mph pretty consistently but it is smooth.  The only noticeable difference I detect in these vs say my Fifesole in stiff graphite is being able to feel the kick of the shaft more in the Howson's than the Firesoles.  I...
I have a 3 and 4 hybrid DX3's from Nickent and can't hit them to save my life.  Go figure.  When I do connect with them it is low and right.  thanks
I think it is in Golf my Way.  I could be wrong though, but I do know he initiated this piece of advice.  He was talking about his club make up.  He said he used an A flex or senior flex in his long irons, stiff in the mid irons and Xstiff in his scoring irons.  My brother mentioned once when he was writing a golf column for his newspaper, The Daily News, that he saw several tour players using this advice.  But this was back in the 90's I do believe.  Stands to reason...
What I do to practice without hitting balls is to swing a broom.  Start out by swinging it like a bat and then gradually lower it towards the deck.  Do this for a few minutes at a time.  You will be surprised how your swing and power improves.  You will feel the broom head lagging behind and then release.  thanks
Easiest to hit long irons I have ever played are TM Firesole irons.  I hit a bucket yesterday at Big Oak golf and concentrated when I first started on my 4 iron, thinking it may have been a fluke I hit it so well when I played 9 Fri.  Well it wasn't apparently.  I have two different sets of Firesoles, a tour grind model with gaphite shafts, Pro Launch or Pro Logic or something like that.  The second set are steel shafted DG S300 with seniscore, and these are labeled...
Thanks for the info.  The Howson are a small off shoot of HIPPO golf for the European's.  Just bought a set of c.b.'s instead of the forged for 39 bucks, nib.  Had to pay shipping though.  I figure for the price of a round of golf I bought a new set of clubs!  Might scarf the forged cb's too cause they are cheap too.  thanks man
Looking at a forged set of the Howson/Hippo line of clubs.  These are from G.B. but can't find any sort of review on them.  thanks for any help
Took delivery of a set of TM Firesole irons, tour edition.  These have the graphite pro launch shafts.  Anyways set consists of 2-pw.  Only used the 4-pw and had my Nickent 3DX with me too.  These consist of the 3 and 4 hybrid I bought but only took the 4.  Long story short wind kicked up wicked along Lake Ontario so seemed to be playing a lot of longer shots which stands to reason.  Hybrids have the regular flex shaft and have to tell ya the regular feels like an X...