or Connect

Posts by longbow

The best irons I think I have currently are a set of older Hogan GCD's with s4 graphite shafts.  I try not to use these alot cause this set was owned by the rules director of the USGA and I bought them from his grandson.  Next up is a set of TM Firesole irons I just bought off the bay for cheap.  Love these things and always wanted a set.    Let me just list the sets of irons I have played and bought since May off ebay"   Lynx Master Built from like 85 minty and...
How about a tournament using old school equipment.  Forged irons all players using the same irons like by Wilson and balata balls by Top Flite or Titelist.  Golf clubs tweaked to player preference, all use the same balata balls and winners share of the purse goes to there favorite charity with of course appearance fee's covered.  Played at Oak Hill's east course.  Yep nothing better to do when walking along a 430 yd fairway at 93 deg without a cloud in the sky.  that''s it
Played last night at the Parks course near where I live.  Extremely hilly course as it winds through a County Park.  Anyways by the time I got to 15 on the back nine, only playing nine so started on the back, I could barely hold on to my clubs no matter how much drying of the grip I did.  I mean just an absolute saturation point with the humidity.  It seemed especially hard to hold on with my left hand.  I could feel the grip slipping out every single time I swung no...
Years ago before I quit for many years I was a nut for keeping my stuff clean etc.etc.  I played exclusively with a Hogan GCD irons.  I was a nut for not letting the shafts show wear and tare so after every round I would clean them and armour all the shafts and wipe down the heads cause it made them look good and made the red lettering stand right out.  Started doing that to my woods and driver too.  The armour all on the heads does the same thing.  Didn't know it at the...
Specifically speaking with my irons.  Now granted I have been playing several different sets of late.  Mostly for the fact that when I quit the game 11 yrs ago the sets I coveted are now dirt cheap!  So anyways I was playing with a set of forged Lynx today that I bought a month ago or so.  These have a bit thicker top line and are wider soled clubs but with the Lynx R flex graphite shafts and a flat lie which I like in my irons and they have mid size tour velvet grips...
Ok got back into the game in May, early May actually.  Have been buying bargain priced sets of irons on ebay since.  Wife thinks I'm nuts but as long as I have the dough no biggie.  What I have bought:  Ping Eye 2's I had to have reshafted from the Ping stiff shafts to DG r300's.  These are orange dot models cause I like a 2 deg flat lie in my irons.  Don't hit these at all very well and these sticks were mint with balanced and blue printed original shafts but they did...
A slice is usually caused by hitting across the ball and that may be due to a number of reasons.  Not making a full turn, alingment, hands etc.etc.  Or maybe a shaft that is not stiff enough.  Try this if you will:  put the ball in the center of your stance, point your left toes to the left, step back with the right foot to shoulder width or slightly more, rest club about 4" behind ball, slide your right foot back an inch or two.  This will slightly close your stance and...
Ok getting back into the game after many years of not playing.  Started in May of this year and have been bitten by the bug.  I used to play to a 9 consistently and prided myself on driving the ball in play most times.  Wasn't extremely long but could keep up.  I found that the first shot on any tee if it was good I usually played the hole well, hence driving the ball being paramount to my game.    Well as stated started this year in May and totally sucked.  I mean...
Hello, just joined and am getting back into the game after a very very long layoff.  Buying up all the clubs I couldn't afford to 11 years ago and am having a ball doing it.  thanks
First post here and believe it or not I have just bought a doz of the xd polara's just to try.  I hit the ball fairly straight or sometimes with a slight pull.  Avg distance of driving is around 230-240 yds carry.  Just getting back into the game after a very very long layoff.  But my game is finally starting to come around.  Putting and driving I can do decently.  Anyways as for these balls.  I wouldn't waste your money or time on these.  I easily out hit them with just...