or Connect

Posts by daSeth

My putter is a strange club... I have days when everything goes in.  But I have some days when absolutely nothing goes in.  I look back at a scorecard and see and 81.  It could have easily been 75 or 76 on a good putting day.
1999.  #3 at Hobble Creek in Springville Utah.  It's a medium length par 5.  I hit a decent drive and a three-wood into the bunker.  I holed out from the bunker.  Had one more eagle that summer.   Didn't have another eagle until 2011.  I had one.  2012 was a great year though, I had three!  None for 2013 yet though...
I will go contrarian here...   When my handicap was higher, I couldn't hit anything and keep it in play.  Not sure it would have mattered if it was a 3-wood or a driver.    Now though, with a much improved swing, I'd argue that my driver is the best club in my bag in terms of scoring.  I was useless on the week that it was in the shop for a new shaft.  The driver gets me to inside a 9-iron on the longer par 4s and within range of reaching the green in two on par...
Let me start out by saying that I like Dan and I like the project.  I am impressed by the dedication and effort that he is putting in.  I believe it to be doomed, however...   When you go to a PGA event, you realize that these guys are physically impressive.  When you watch on television, you don't get the full scope of how athletic they are.  Generally speaking they are big, strong dudes.  Big strong guys generate a lot of speed.  The shorter guys also generate a...
Hey all,   Looking for some input here. Lately I have been ruining rounds as soon as they start. Almost every single round. It's a double on the first hole, bogey on the second, another double on the third etc... I don't even get going until the 6th or 7th hole, after which I play pretty good golf. It happens regardless of whether I start on the back 9 or the front 9.   Today again +6 after 5 holes. -2 for the remainder of the round. 76 is still a really good...
I was back at it again over the weekend... had a 532 yard par 5 straight into the wind.  Hit a marvelous drive and followed it up with a blistering three-wood, pin-high just right of the sand trap surrounding the green.  I proceeded to hit a 60* wedge with the face opened (trying to get more loft).  Ever so slightly thick, it was short and plugged in the bunker right up against the lip, classic poached egg.  Two shots out of the bunker, and two putts, what should have...
Great drive sets up a wedge in... theoretically an easy shot.  Blade and goes over.  Makes my blood boil...
Good info... Thanks!
Heh, yeah, funny you say that... I don't know if I would have bought them had I actually paid retail.  At straight up retail, I'd have gotten some Mizunos.
So, there's a rake in the bunker, my ball hits the top of the bunker and rolls part way down the slope of the bunker and comes to rest on the rake in the bunker.  It's obvious that if I move the rake, the ball will start rolling down the remainder of the slope of the bunker.  It's a pretty steep slope.  What is the ruling?   Secondly, is there an official/unofficial protocol for the rakes?  I always leave them outside the bunkers.  But I have seen some courses where...