or Connect

Posts by golfingal

Good advice!  I was able to try one on and "air swing" a couple of times with lots of room (with the proper size of course).  I wouldn't recommend buying any golf outerwear that fits snugly.  :-)  This particular model also has underarm zippers for more airflow, but could also extend it's range of motion as well.  They didn't have the right size pants, and I found more colors online so I found a shop in another city (I'm playing in next week) that has a full selection...
Thanks for the replies everyone!   After reviewing recommendations and searching forums and shops I've settled on trying out The North Face Venture rain gear.  I actually got my hands on a jacket and it looks perfect.  Super light weight, HyVent breathable/vented, 100% waterproof, hood, velcro cuffs, lifetime guarantee and the pants are 1/2 zip for easy on and off.  They are $100 jacket and $80 pants, but I've found them for 30% off :-)
I live in Florida where it's miserably humid most of the time and were always getting rain in 90+ degree weather.  So I'm looking for a rain suit that's a bit better than the current one I have (basic $25 Frogg Toggs* which is sticky and hard to get on and off) - something that breathes maybe.  *The Frogg Toggs are at least 100% waterproof, not nylon that repels but still soaks up moisture and has no Dry Joy at all. Around or under $100 max for the top and bottom would be...
I've got two rounds in with this and doing a couple more this weekend - my biggest issue is forgetting to tap in and register that I'm hitting a club from a certain spot...  And sometimes I'll do it but then second guess if I did or not.  Anyway it got so bad I started to put the little drawstring carry bag around my wrist after each shot - to force me to think about it and remove the bag for each shot.  Awkward though.  It's really easy to leave off putts too.   On one...
 Well, no need!  I received an unexpected email today saying they have finished mapping the course already!  This is just 2 days after requesting it.  Looking forward to trying it out now!  :-)
Thanks Ernest - but I didn't say NONE of the courses in our area are mapped.  Here's what I DID say - There are tons of other courses listed -- just not ours.  Esplanade Country Club, Lakewood Ranch, Florida.  MIA probably because it's a relatively new course. Erik - I haven't installed the ends yet or registered or anything since I knew it wasn't going to be of much use for the moment.  I could try it, but I'm just not sure what I'd be trying since it wouldn't know if I...
 Thanks I know they say they will add courses on request - I mentioned that in my post - but the question is - does this do anything at all for me right now, WITHOUT a course to find?
Just got this as a gift -   Can this be used at all, in any way, on a course that is not in their system - or do you just have to wait and hope for that course (after requesting it on their website) - or only try it out on registered courses?
Apologies for the double post - the system messed up my link in the first post, and when I tried to fix it - it posted again...  :-(   The iPhone 6 looks AWESOME for golf video!   It's an impressive option, albeit expensive of course unless one is in the market for a phone anyway (as I am - I'm finished with Samsung...)   More samples here...
Thanks again, I have done some business with Carls Golfland before and called them yesterday before I saw your post - they ended up with the best pricing so far and I'm probably going with them. 2nd Swing and Golfdiscount.com were pretty good - Discountdans.com don't currently carry Ping unfortunately.  The Callaway used store had the driver but it sold out... they are a little higher than market prices for used but a reputable source vs Ebay.   Anyway, no sense...