or Connect

Posts by golfingal

I've got two rounds in with this and doing a couple more this weekend - my biggest issue is forgetting to tap in and register that I'm hitting a club from a certain spot...  And sometimes I'll do it but then second guess if I did or not.  Anyway it got so bad I started to put the little drawstring carry bag around my wrist after each shot - to force me to think about it and remove the bag for each shot.  Awkward though.  It's really easy to leave off putts too.   On one...
 Well, no need!  I received an unexpected email today saying they have finished mapping the course already!  This is just 2 days after requesting it.  Looking forward to trying it out now!  :-)
Thanks Ernest - but I didn't say NONE of the courses in our area are mapped.  Here's what I DID say - There are tons of other courses listed -- just not ours.  Esplanade Country Club, Lakewood Ranch, Florida.  MIA probably because it's a relatively new course. Erik - I haven't installed the ends yet or registered or anything since I knew it wasn't going to be of much use for the moment.  I could try it, but I'm just not sure what I'd be trying since it wouldn't know if I...
 Thanks I know they say they will add courses on request - I mentioned that in my post - but the question is - does this do anything at all for me right now, WITHOUT a course to find?
Just got this as a gift -   Can this be used at all, in any way, on a course that is not in their system - or do you just have to wait and hope for that course (after requesting it on their website) - or only try it out on registered courses?
Apologies for the double post - the system messed up my link in the first post, and when I tried to fix it - it posted again...  :-(   The iPhone 6 looks AWESOME for golf video!   It's an impressive option, albeit expensive of course unless one is in the market for a phone anyway (as I am - I'm finished with Samsung...)   More samples here...
Thanks again, I have done some business with Carls Golfland before and called them yesterday before I saw your post - they ended up with the best pricing so far and I'm probably going with them. 2nd Swing and Golfdiscount.com were pretty good - Discountdans.com don't currently carry Ping unfortunately.  The Callaway used store had the driver but it sold out... they are a little higher than market prices for used but a reputable source vs Ebay.   Anyway, no sense...
Thanks to all for many helpful replies! - Yes, the new green dot is 2.25 degrees upright, so that's close enough to my spec...  I actually currently use Ping G2s that are the "old" green dot - 2 degrees upright.  I bought those around 2005 when I first started playing, and used the online fitting system - it was really validating to see the pro fitting matched exactly what I did with that original online fitting!   Anyway, I do know that some online dealers do discount -...
I was just fitted for a new set (also cross tested several brands) and am getting ready to buy Ping G25 irons and driver so I'm now shopping around.   Besides the major retailers, online or local - any recommendations for best prices and service online?  I need a custom irons setup - 2 degrees upright and an extra 1" in length - so I can't just buy stock stuff either, and totally avoiding the many "fake" looking websites selling clubs - which are probably Chinese knock...
Earlier this year I played with a gal in a tournament who was hitting these very low screaming hot chip shots that almost appeared like they were skulled and going way over the green - but ended up skipping twice and stopping like glue next to the hole.  She did this from 5-20 yards off the green.  She was also about 60 years old - so not some young thing with extreme club head velocity.   I've hit tens of thousands of shots and never once had one do that and I'm a...