or Connect

Posts by mrobbie

I changed from my 905R cos I could do nothing but slice with it. Yes, I could have worked on swing to correct the issue, but I found that going back to a TM R7 driver sorted it (had one before the 905 but it broke - 905R was an exchange from the shop) I love the R7 Superquad, which was on the more draw setting (both heavier weights towards the heel - 12g-12g-1g-1g) and this straightened the slice. I was finding recently after a lot of practice that the srives were...
Cutom fitted Titleist 755 irons; the custom measurements were standard loft & lie, standard length and reg flex tri-spec steel. So they are custom for me, and standard for anyone wanting to buy them down the line.
from the Titleist site, the spec seems quite different between the 2. For info, I found the YS6+ in my old 905R to be quite boardy in feel (felt stiffer than a 'stiff')
keep your eye on ebay... there are still the occasional new v-steel getting listed. Check the US and UK sites - UK would be cheaper postage to you I would guess. Your other option is to go with a 5 wood that has a 'standard' length shaft - the new burners are longer to generate more clubhead speed, and send the ball further. This was a consideration when I was looking for my 3; I didn't want one that was close to the distance of my driver, and bridged the gap between...
ditto BS on distance - I read in a golf mag recently where Darren Clarke (Irish pro) was talking about what's in his bag... his 13 deg Taylormade Burner TP is always in his bag as it goes 260 yards. He's no small guy, and his 13 deg 3 wood goes as long as your 5 wood Anyway, distance aside, you don't need an excuse to go and get it. If you find that when playing you have a shot that you wish you had a 3 wood, then you need it. If you get round the course and are happy...
Had a pretty awesome 1st 7 holes, 8 & 9 were scrappy and finished the front 9 with 18 points. Back 9 went terrible, and somehow scrambled another 12 points. All in, 30 points today, 29 yesterday so handicap +0.2 for the weekend so 13.0. Putter was sizzling hot though! My driver is normally a fairly safe bet for me, as have been striking it superbly for the last 3 or 4 weeks. This weekend, couldn't hit my driver at all on either round. Decided after the round today to...
Well, after my trial of the Callaway x and Ping G10 yesterday, I stumbled across a Callway Fusion 3 wood with the stock Aldila NVS shaft (stiff). After a few hits I knew it was better than the others - much more suited to my swing and was straighter, more consistent and a lovely trajectory. Its now in the bag, and the par 5's are becoming reachable in 2 now...
I hit the Callaway X 15 deg (stock stiff) and the Ping G10 15.5 deg (prolaunch red) today... Was not a fan of the callway - felt like I caught it fat too often and flight was high & right, which was a surprise. Ping had a nicer flight, perhaps a bit too low but was more consistent. I think this club would be nicer with the stock TFC shaft.
Great irons (previously had a set) and agree they are not the most forgiving (as with a lot of the Titleist range) and by your profile you have a 34 handicap? The Knights will be more forgiving and help your game more than the 981s will. $130 is a good price for them by your condition description. I'd say you will easilly get that on ebay.
I have seen and heard a lot of people doing this; 4w and the 21 hybrid