or Connect

Posts by LuciusWooding

You'll get near 80 if you hit some greens and keep the big numbers off the card. Hit solid irons and make pars, don't worry about getting birdies. When I break 85, it's because I hit around 7 GIR or fringes and didn't really make worse than bogey. I made a few up and downs as well, but didn't seem to make more long putts than usual or anything. Pretty boring golf for the most part. It's more fun however when I'm driving it and hitting my wedges well.
The extra 30 yards per hole or whatever don't add much value to your round, IMO. I think it depends on the course to a large extent. My course is already pretty hard, so there's absolutely no need to play from the tips even though I certainly have the distance for it; all the reachable holes are reachable for me from any tees, and all the par 5s and long holes are really long and make you hit long approaches at times. The rest of the holes tend to be very limited in terms...
I can understand the argument that he's bottomed out and has nowhere to go but up. However, in golf there is no rock bottom.   I think it's foolish to assume he'll definitely play better; I think he's still talented enough to have chances at some majors, but he could also still get a lot worse, and he's got enough exemptions to play extremely badly and still play events for years.    Personally I'd like to see him win another major but I think there are too many good...
Your ball is not going perfectly straight; it's definitely going to have a tiny bit of tilt, at least, and one's naked eye can't always pick it up. If you want to be sure you can go on a launch monitor that reads your spin axis and horizontal launch angle. That would be the only way to be sure what's going on.
There were 25 graduates in 2012, as an example. These were the guys that placed in the top 25 on their money list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Web.com_Tour_graduates Out of those 25, there's a total of a winner and 2 runners up for all of their entire seasons. None of them were majors. And only about half of those guys were making a decent number of cuts. Only 8 went on to keep full status for the following year.  So there's a huge difference between the top and...
Any of the winners on the PGA tour would dominate the web.com tour. The web.com tour play lesser courses as well for the most part, but a winner on the web.com tour can probably make cuts at the PGA level. Consider the web.com tour to be like an all star team of minor league baseball; only a few guys are good enough to be bench players at the next level, and none are good enough to be starters. Most of them will never distinguish themselves at their current level with...
I prefer a dry rub in most cases. Doesn't need to sit like a marinade and it forms a tasty crust. Not necessarily for all meat though. Olive oil and sriracha is great for pork or chicken.    Regarding strawberries and pepper, I like them chopped into a salsa with fresh ripe habaneros, cilantro, peach, mango, and served with salted tortilla chips and/or over vanilla ice cream. Just wash your hands before going to the bathroom.   Regarding salt in coffee, @saevel25 is...
I picked a set of irons first, going with 3-PW. My lofts meant that I could use a 3 wedge setup plus a putter, and I wanted to go with the classic 1, 3 and 5 wood setup but ended up going with 15/19˚ hybrids backing up my driver because of what those clubs were capable of. Didn't need the lower trajectory shot or the extra few yards from the 3w vs the 1h as much as I'd thought.   I kicked out my strong 3 wood, 2 iron, 17 degree hybrid and gap wedge because I can get the...
What's stopping you from hitting your 9i into the valley by accident, either by spinning it off the front or landing short? Or missing the fairway with the hybrid and having a tough shot from even farther than the valley? Then there's the possibility of running through the green. It's a problem whether you're hitting into and out of the valley or in front of and over it. Plus hitting the driver left or right of the fairway could leave you a very playable approach from the...
The sleeve just lets you change plus or minus 2 degrees from the base loft of the club. It should let you get the same range of lofts regardless of whether the shaft is in a 3 wood or driver, but not set the driver to 3w loft or vice versa.