or Connect

Posts by LuciusWooding

Don't get distracted by blades. They will be around when you get better, for now get something you can hit high and far until you get down to about single digits. Blades don't offer any real advantages except look and feel, neither of which make a difference to the ball. You don't need them to get better. They are even getting replaced with more forgiving clubs among tour players, those for whom their design flaws cause the least harm.    Try and ignore the year they...
Here's a wild suggestion: consider moving up a set of tees if the problem persists. If you have multiple holes of 420+ yards and can't hit the fairway on those holes with a driver then move up to where you can play an iron. If the holes are that long but still too tight, the course is too hard from that set of tees. My course has some very long par 4s even from the middle tees, but they always offer enough space to bomb it or a downhill slope to add yards to a well placed...
It's a mentality thing, as well as the shorter shaft and more loft. The huge face area of the driver is easier to hit hands down, but at full speed the 3w will often result in better shots depending on the golfer.   Personally I carry my driver farther and it rolls more, so unless I'm aiming at a very small target or not confident that day I will usually go for the aggressive drive. I can hit my other clubs off a low tee for accuracy and comfort or cut them loose for a...
There shouldn't be such an emphasis on stimp readings IMO. For one thing they're often BS, people will say the greens at their club are 10+ as an ego thing when they only play that quick occasionally. Then if you dump an inch of rain on top or have a couple days of howling winds any green will change, or even if one green is under shade or exposed more than the others.   Different regions, different grasses, and different contours all need to be taken into account to...
Try to get spin loft closer to around 10, contact high on the face, and make sure you're doing keys 2 and 3 properly. Other than that, you can fine tune a bit with equipment and setup.   I don't think 5k spin is accurate with 105SS and anything close to that AoA. My money is that you need to take 2000rpm off from that monitor and everything sounds reasonable from there. Could it be calibrated for an iron or something? Even if you're hitting a massive slice I don't think...
First of all, welcome to TST!   If you swing in the 90-100 range, usually stiff flex is a good place to start. As far as the NV, it does work fairly well in all sorts of woods if you're looking for an economical option, but it won't launch very high in the heavier weights like the 75g and up. If you use the 3w mainly off the tee, it will probably perform well, but many players choose a higher launch shaft in their fairways or a 4 wood to ensure they get enough carry off...
I like to lean the toe of my lob wedge down a bit, shut the face, and use more of a putting stroke with stiff wrists. That club has such a wide sole near the toe that it glides through anything. Works great for bumpy areas or bunkers as well, comes out low and dead with a little spin and rolls out a decent bit. I'd rather have hard dirt than thick rough though. It may punish you for poor contact more than rough, but it's a lot easier to consistently get the ball cleanly....
I took a tumble the last couple months swing wise, but finally broke out and shot under 90 this week. Keep working on the right things and it will fall into place. Just don't let your bag eat your tripod like mine did. 
Generally speaking you want to optimize your flight for carry distance. If you have enough speed, this can sometimes be accomplished by lowering your launch and spin if the ball is losing distance from excess backspin. Generally technique is the biggest hurdle, equipment can help but it's not going to give you 30 yards of extra roll without costing carry. Rarely is it beneficial to choose dirt and grass over air in terms of the resistance the ball encounters. The other guy...
Since I played 27 today with my brother, and it was warm enough for shorts today, I decided to limit my swing work beforehand. Shot an 85 on the first 18, best score this year so far. Got a couple birdies and didn't do too terribly off the tee. Still had trouble with a couple things, like wedges and long clubs off the deck, but didn't play too bad.   The main piece I tried to improve today was getting the arms a bit less around my body, basically feeling I was swinging...