or Connect

Posts by sixdoubleo

Haha....just saying...it doesn't matter what he does because .we're all on the guy's nuts from reporter on down to golf forum. ;)
The ones I dislike most are the sub-average forum dwellers who dare to have some type of opinion on men who have actually gone out and accomplished something with their lives.  ;)
I like that Wilson Staff was known as my Grandfather's clubs, and then fell out of popularity and recently has pretty much become the unknown red-headed stepchild underdog.  But then their philosophy and product line has really come around in the last few years and I very much relate to what they're doing....so much so that I carry an entire W/S bag.  No W/S bag....but that could be next!
I don't post much, but seriously....   If people don't like tiger, they can just ignore him.   Journalists can simply not ask him questions.   The media can simply not report on him...focus on better players.   And above all, forum members can refrain from starting threads about him.   The truth is, ALL YOU PEOPLE are addicted to the guy.  Don't deny it.  You can't get enough of him.  You're consumers and you can't get enough of him.  You can't help...
My apologies then.  Often anybody whose 1st post on a forum is a controversial or accusatory topic is seen as a troll who is merely there to stir up crap.  As Hurricane Golf is one of the BETTER companies out there (which is harder to find these days) I felt posting a thread with this title was out of line, thus my attacking you.  I'm glad all was straightened out and that you've corrected your statement.     Yes, I've seen the movie...but didn't recognize the image....
Hurricane is legit, as are their products.  I've purchased 2 sets of irons, a driver, a hybrid, and a pair of shoes from them.  I recommended them to a friend who bought a set of irons and a driver, and another friend who got some shoes.  We were all pleased with their prices, fast shipping, and overall service.     I would question the legitimacy of a 1-post member who chooses a homo-erotic image of a shirtless man as his avatar, and claims a company is selling...
I'm a beginner (started playing in July) and do exactly what you're mentioning.     I started with a set of Game Improvement irons (Wilson Staff Di11) and since then ran across a really good deal on a set of FG Tour irons.  They're essentially a forged players iron with a slight cavity back to them.  I figured I'd pick them up and eventually "grow" into them as I improve.  What I found as I practiced with them, was that I started to learn what a flush shot feels...
Maybe it's hitting a tee'd ball that's causing you problems.  Try dropping a ball right on the grass and hitting one of your long irons.  Then, other than the fact that you're hitting IN the "tee box" it shouldn't be any different than a fairway iron shot.  If you find that helps then perhaps you might look at exactly how you're teeing the ball.  Maybe practice at a grass driving range where you can experiment with different teeing heights, etc.   Or are you thinking...
These other people are WAY golf-smarter than me....and I suck....however, I did exactly that.  I removed the driver and woods from my bag and have certainly improved!  Where I golf the driver was a crutch and I am now forced to hit the proper the proper iron.  Doing way better. But some will likely disagree because they are way golf smarter and that's what matters.
I bought a set of Wilson Staff Di11 irons, and these clubs have a really low set of loft specs..  It's a 4-PW,GW set, but here are the specs on the higher irons:   7 Iron: 32 degrees 8 Iron: 35.5 degrees 9 Iron: 39 degrees PW: 42.5 degrees GW: 46 degrees   Essentially a 3.5 degree spacing between clubs.  I'm contemplating what to do about my remaining wedges.     WIlson sells an optional SW in the Di11 line that is 55 degrees, however that leaves a 9...