or Connect

Posts by atanum

I am getting a dynamic loft of about 30 and AoA of +2 on a Epon 9 Iron blade. SS of about 77 and Spin about 7800 - on the average. Ball position N.O. Does this look right ? I would imagine, an AoA of -5 or so is more likely at that loft. Does not look like I am flipping on the camera. I am running the 5.47 firmware and the 8.05 version of the Flightscope software - so the earlier iron AoA problems of Flightscope are fixed I imagine. Appreciate any insights. Thanks much.
Yes, but we don't know by how much and that is why a calibration. But that is complicated because club head shape, loft variation across the face, shaft properties etc will determine the bending moment due to gear effect eg. Trackman estimates face based on AoA, Launch Angle and path primarily. So , net-net we have an idea but we do not know the club face angle at impact. So then comes the question, how correct are the ball flight law assumptions that initial direction...
Sure . I guess I will put the question other way round. Let's say I know the ball was toed and lets say I also want to measure by how much , through some marker on the face, is it then possible to calibrate for the actual face angle ? Possible - but too complicated for getting a generalized compensation. I guess optics is the only way , but at that frequency the sampling rates will be very high and the economics are not that compelling. Thanks for your help.
True. But I can never get the real club face angle right ? So, lets say I have an "actual" (6,3) push draw strike, but my trackman shows (6,4) due to 1/2 " crown side toe strike , ball flight will still be push draw. Any thoughts on GC / I would imagine optics should be able to get it right
How does one know the face angle presented at impact is indeed open ( closed ) and is not the face angle opening (closing) due to gear effect of a toe ( heel) strike as I believe these units derive these values after impact ? Thanks for your help/insights
Looking for used Flightscope KUDU unit + activation code
Looking for a used Trackman II , indoor + outdoor with video and TPS
I am looking to change from my AP2 to blades. I am leaning towards the Miuras but I am told that the Epon AF Tour blades are superb. Anybody have any experience with the Epons? Any experiences or information most appreciated
I think you can get very good.   1. This gentleman I play with has been playing for 35 years. Great short game and consistency. Here is his swing         2. This kid I play with has been playing for 12 years. Here is his swing       What do you think are their handicaps ?     [[SPOILER]]
  If you look at learning models for intuitive assimilation of patterns - arguably the best settings are natural settings. So yes, every time somebody calls me - and I do get a lot of calls, hopefully over time the assimilation and it's repeatability when I am actually swinging with  the tour tempo is more intuitive and natural.   Anyways , it was kind of John to send me over the .m4r files