or Connect

Posts by stoverny

I have a Callaway Diablo Edge driver and I think it's awesome.  Very forgiving and long.  You can probably pick one up for less than 50 bucks online these days.  
    You are talking about Pete Cowen, fantastic video and pretty much cured my bunker troubles.  
What is the problem?  Are you popping it up, topping it, what? 
  I honestly don't see a reason to put a limit on your progress.  There is no reason you cannot be a single-digit handicap.  As a short-term goal sure, getting into the 80s is fine - but single-digit is not unattainable as a long-term goal.   Golf is not so much an athletic sport as it is a skill like playing the guitar etc., imo.  It does not take exceptional coordination or some special innate athletic talent to be a solid player.  It is a matter of learning the correct...
  I see no reason to shut it down.  You can't get better if you don't play, and you say you enjoy the game, so why stop playing?    Lessons are great for many but not a magic pill either.  Lots of people do improve as they gain experience, even without lessons.  There is so much great info in books and online/youtube that I can't see the point of not working on some basic things now until you get a chance to take lessons next year.    At least where I live, Aug-Oct is...
  Apologies Phil I am not understanding your point.  Or maybe I am not explaining the swing correctly?  What I mean regarding the weight shift is that there is no thought of pivoting the lower body or shifting weight in the swing, you simply raise the lead arm up along the chest.  Then when the arms falls back down, weight of the arms/club transfers the weight to the front side along with it.  So there is a weight shift but there is no rotation or conscious turning of the...
I think lessons are a mixed bag because just like doctors some are excellent and some not so good.  It is hard to know which kind you have, but you probably need to give it a few sessions at least.  It is certainly possible it is just part of the learning process.  Could also be he is not the right instructor for you.   I know a guy who has been seeing the same pro for over 3 years, and his handicap has not improved a single stroke.  He still shoots around 100.  I...
I know this thread is old but wanted to bump it because I've been trying out this MGS swing recently and IT WORKS.   Couple of things about the swing as it has been discussed here that I think leads to confusion:   Pre-set/pre-turn:  There is a false conception that MGS has no backswing because of the pre-turn of the torso to the right at address.  Of course there is a backswing, you are raising the arms up (specifically the lead arm up along the...
"Jews really know finance" isn't negative? I think you are confusing generalizations which can be positive (women are good listeners, Asian immigrants tend to be hard workers, etc.), with stereotypes that have a component of being demeaning in them, and often have no relation to the truth. A Jewish person is no more likely to be "good at finance" than anyone else... plays into the racist stereotype of Jews as money hungry, etc.
It is always curious to me how when someone makes a racist comment, so many people get annoyed that people are offended and say everyone needs to "lighten up". I'd say its probably a good idea to come out and condemn racists, even if it means we are ruining their good clean fun.