or Connect

Posts by Golfer20

Hi all,   I will be leaving in a week to live in Valparaiso Chile for 6 months while I study Spanish.  I was wondering if anybody knows of golf courses around Santiago or Valpo?   I have always heard there are few, if any public golf courses in South America, just hoping to get lucky and play a few rounds while I am down there!   Thanks!
Great post Mike!  This is something that I have been thinking about for quite some time (probably a bit too much!)  However what would you say to someone that appears to keep getting their arms "stuck" behind them with level shoulders?  Not trying to turn this into a "my swing" thread just curious about this one particular aspect of a swing!         I try to emulate the sensation of dropping the arms down and keeping the handle low to the ground as mentioned in the...
Went to the 2014 U.S. Open at Pinehurst last year (I live 30 mins away, but have never played it! :( always good to dream though!)  First off, its insanely crowded!  And for me, being in the Sandhills of NC it was insanely hot as well.  I'm sure it being in Washington state this year it will be a little cooler for you.  The one thing I would recommend is that you don't walk all over the place.  It's good to find somewhere to camp out for a bit, because dealing with the...
      Here is me now at the top of the backswing.  I feel like I may have improved to where I have some more hinge?  What do you guys think?         However I still am really struggling with syncing the arms with the pivot.  You can see my hands are nowhere near my thigh like @mvmac showed with the golfer in an earlier photo.   Looking at this I can see that I didn't do a good job of getting my weight forward.  If I were to get my weight forward, would that...
Hey @mvmac I was able to get outside today and get another video after I worked on my grip.  What do you think?  I feel like I do have more wrist hinge at the top of the back swing but when the club is parallel to the ground in the downswing, my hands appear to be in the same spot as before... I wonder why this is?     Thank you for any and all advice!  
@mvmac Are you saying that hinging of the wrist is something that "just happens" with the proper grip.  Or is it something that I need to actively do with each swing?   Thanks!
Thank you thank you thank you!!! I am looking forward to trying these things out!   Thanks again @mvmac  
  @mvmac Here is an iron swing where I at least try to get my weight forward.  I hope this helps some!   Thanks again!
Ok @mvmac thanks for the reply! I will work on getting a video up tonight!
Hi all,   Lately I have been working on getting my weight forward at impact with my golf swing because I have been hitting a few fat shots here and there.  I have used several drills to help me with this such as the half ball under my left foot (I am right-handed).  But one thing I have noticed recently is that when I start my down swing all press down with the left foot like I am supposed to and it feels like all my weight is on my left side right after transition, but...