or Connect

Posts by ladders11

The thing about mats is that it is easy to keep your alignment, and the ground should be more level than what you get on a course.  Sometimes I think it is easier to get into a groove.  I feel like there's less friction, and you always have a perfect lie.   The problem with public grass ranges is they get pretty beat up.  They let the grass grow longer than it should.  The ground is lumpy from old divots covered over, and there's too many new divots.  If you're not...
I can relate - I recently had a run of mysterious fat wedge shots, and half wedge shots, and punch shots.  I was sticking my clubface into the ground well before the ball - this meant shots that would make bystanders think I was an absolute beginner.  These shots were terrible, and I would often hit two in a row with the same problem, failing to get onto the green from 100 yards in two.  Essentially, I was crapping the bed, as an adult.   The problem was basically a...
I have a mini tripod for my camera.  The tripod only cost $7 and there is a standard interface that screws into most cameras (Canon, Panasonic, etc).  Really it is an easy setup and best of all I get HD video from this.  Highly recommended. No iPhone for me, I have a different one.  I don't know why there are so many iPhone accessories available (e.g. Target has a whole section) while everyone with a different phone has to get their stuff online, and get so many...
  You might be right, people practicing and hitting extra balls. What is frustrating is that for some people the little Par-3 is a means to work on their game and take it out to their club, while for others it is more of a destination. It is decent enough to have a nice competition, and there are probably women and children who get more enjoyment out of it because of the shorter holes.   Even if it is just a practice venue, there is no need to act like you are TW and...
  I can second this recommendation to look at the "surf" brands like Hurley, O'Neill, etc. More selection and cheaper prices. Polyester is good for shorts it is light and it dries fast. Retailers still look at golfers from the perspective of a third-world street vendor: the same products cost you more because they know you've got more money.   If you shop online, you want to buy somewhere that gives full measurements like this: Waist Measurement: 32 in/ Outseam: 21...
  So why do you still consider this to have been "top shape"? It seems to me like the ability to bench 300 lbs is highly correlated with later-in-life injury and obesity. The sad fact is that pro bodybuilders all wind up getting joint replacements at relatively young age. And at some point the level of training declines and all that muscle turns to fat.       Great point here. For some reason I think Americans get stuck on the physique of - say Brian Urlacher, who is 6'4"...
I think you are right. The first reason to pattern divots in a strip is that you use much less turf by placing the ball right behind the last divot. The second I though was ease of reseeding and covering with sand: it is just faster if you only need to hit one strip and not fill dozens of smaller individual divots. The third is that the ground winds up more level as a result.    It seems like a simple win-win to me and I would say those who disagree are simply...
Good swing, but you will probably get more out of it with an earlier wrist hinge.  What you are doing is not so bad, in fact Steve Stricker and at some point Jack Nicklaus had a very late wrist hinge (on the way back) and big, flat backswings.  These days half of the PGA has their wrists cocked by the time they're halfway back - this adds power, height, and "crispness".  Hinge moving wrists up and try to hold this as long as possible going through.
Really start the downswing with your lower body, not hands and arms.
Don't move your head so much.   Watch this: