or Connect

Posts by ladders11

This is the truth: we all need to work on our weaknesses.  Whether this means thinking about your round or evaluating different aspects of your game from the range, the weakest link is that which should be improved most.  If you are taking 9 penalty strokes off the tee, you need not carry your whole bag to the range with you, just take driver, 3 wood, and leave the rest in the trunk. 
No problem, it is a good recommendation. 
Keeping score, if you can't break 100 the ball doesn't matter at all - you could just hit random used balls found in the woods.   90-100 I would start buying the cheapest possible distance ball, used even, and trying to stay somewhat consistent.   80-90 It may be time to start to read articles and reviews, I would still be in the budget/used category but possibly moving away from the distance balls.   70-80 you are so good it doesn't matter what ball you...
  I advocate performing some exercises without shoes, and one-legged exercises to enhance stability and balance.  Hiking rough, hilly terrain (in shoes) also works for this.    On the course I want shoes though.  Golf is hard enough.  For me, sore feet would interfere with my ability to play and enjoy it.
I think you have a good swing and it seems like you're making good contact.  What may need some improvement is your lower body, if you had more stability you might find more consistency.  It looks like you are making a straight back and forth, swaying weight transfer whereas I try to rotate more.  
Just my opinion, but no way would I want to walk a round or golf at all in those.  I'm not seeing stability or arch support.  FYI, I've played many rounds in cross trainers so I am not some sort of snob regarding shoes.  
Not bad, but I would say your right elbow is too low at the top of the swing.  It appears that you're setup with your hands slightly too close to the ball, reaching for it and creating a swing too horizontal.   Try this picture: http://www.golftoday.co.uk/proshop/features/2007/images/tiger_woods_swing_sequence_4.jpg   Also, look at your left wrist, something seems off to me.
I think not.  If you are trying to stay out of the woods, and struggling to get the ball in the air, it does not matter.    Aside, if you want to optimize your situation, a low spin ball is what you need.  The expensive balls are high spin.  The cheap balls and distance balls are usually lower spin more appropriate for beginners.
You are taking the club back too low, and then chopping down from an overly vertical angle, like you are trying to kill a snake.  Look at some of these pictures: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=swing+plane&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=swing+plane&sc=8-11&sp=-1&sk=  Usually better players take the club back and through on the same path.   Otherwise get yourself some tennis shoes or cross trainers, and wear socks, or you will kill your feet.  Your feet and lower body are too...
Ok.   I totally disagree with this.  The tee boxes on a golf course should all be the same, level and reasonably uniform grass, and you are teeing it up the same.  Around the greens, we have hills, rough, sand, good lies, bad lies, and we frequently have to hit to elevated greens or over bunkers.   I don't understand why you take this tone.  I read your post, I just disagree with you, and so would Dave Pelz and a lot of other professionals too.