or Connect

Posts by ladders11

Big deal!  Everyone on the internet drives 300 consistently - or 350 if they just had their X-Stiff shaft spined.
My golf viewing typically consists of Players, Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA.  That is five tournaments and 20 days of golf.  I recommend watching the alternate feeds on the internet that have featured group or par three coverage since these typically include no commercials.  I especially like featured group coverage because it is more continuous and easier to follow - you see each shot the players hit and track their round.  Most of the announcers do a good...
The top stars in tennis always make the semis and go head to head and play in the final for the title.    Partly this is because the top seeds get weaker opponents on their way through the draw.    When the top players have a chance to win, this makes the tournament feel more relevant as it contributes to their legend.  And we know more about them to begin with, so it matters more than having a new person/stranger win.   Usually a major win by a low ranked...
Yeah I don't see any reason for banning tennis shoes... on greens.  No sense in that.   I'm frugal as a rule but have found that I need to spend money for decent shoes.  Anyone buying golf shoes should consider "Would I go for a four hour hike in these?" before ringing the register.  Even if you play in a cart you have lots of steps to take.
For what it's worth, Mike Vick did not make "a" mistake, he repeatedly made a whole series of mistakes over a number of years.  His sponsorship and involvement in illegal dog fighting and sadistic torture of dogs was ongoing for a long time.   Still I'm not the boycott type and it is obvious that many athletes are going to be living on the wrong side of your moral fence.  My approach is to avoid ever deifying an athlete, buying jerseys, collecting autographs and so...
Just do it, as they say.  I have worn Ecco cross trainers (not golf shoes) all summer long on the course.  They already have decent traction being made for trails.  Combined with full arch support, cushioned and breathable uppers, and being able to drive to the course in them, I haven't wanted to get my FJs out of the trunk.  The FJs are there JIC I get invited to a swanky club or someplace where I feel too uncomfortable with the sneaker look.  FWIW I haven't noticed any...
I have no problem walking on but don't like to play at crowded times.  Prefer to play alone, but don't mind being put with a twosome.  I always hope to avoid being stuck with a threesome as you know you just lost an hour of your life watching three strange people duff.   Regarding carts, has anyone else here been paired with someone, and made to share a cart with them?  This happened to me once and I found it much more awkward than it otherwise would have been.  The...
As a matter of fact I was hit-into today.  On the first hole.  I hit a decent drive down the middle, and while playing my second shot, what do you know a golf ball rolls up behind me in the rough.  It was maybe about 5-10 feet behind where I was hitting, if you drew a parallel line from my position in the fairway to the ball stopping in the rough.  That is definitely what I consider "hitting into" someone: when they're playing their second shot, you can't be teeing off. ...
I am surprised that she does have a nice swing.  Would need a reverse angle to be sure though.
I don't see how ditching your gear helps things.  Maybe just cut the logos off or black them out.   If you want to not buy new stuff like a #7 Eagles shirt then I understand.  He was like a Hannibal Lechter of dogs.  If you ever got to read the details it was sick.