or Connect

Posts by Fisherdude

Couldn't have said it better.
OK, back to Tiger.Directly connecting Tiger to your comments about Phil, i.e. that a player can't "lose" a tournament early in the tournament by dropping strokes, that Phil lost the tournament on 18 because that's when he had the lead, then you must understand Tiger's play at the Masters better than Tiger does, because he said he lost the tournament on Thursday and Friday, when he lost four strokes on 17 and 18 while he did NOT have the lead.If a player goes quad-quad in...
I'm continually amazed that nobody in the world ever talks about where Phil really lost the Open. And, no, it wasn't on the 18th when he sliced his drive onto the hospitality tent. And it wasn't the next shot where he tried to get around the tree. It was a hole or two prior (I can't remember which one) where he tried to hit fairway wood out of 8" US Open rough, and advanced it precisely one yard. And then, in a coma, asks Bones: "What's the yardage?". Well, it's...
While I've always liked Scott Verplank, at 43 and after 21 years as a pro, I don't think we'll be seeing anything new from him. In ten years he will have been on the Champions Tour for 3 years.
I agree that he really deserved it. From what I know of his background, he will really appreciate it as well. And, he simply played the best over the last four days. Congrats, Zach!
Everybody develops at their own pace. Oh, wait. Sorry! Here's the hard part...I play with a guy who's played his entire adult life, he's now in his late 40's, and he's a 19. He's always going to be a 19, and it's never going to change. I've also played with players who went from beginners to 5's in just a few years. Or, even worse, like chingali going to scratch in four years! It depends on your native ability as an athlete. Even if my dad had given me a club at...
This may not be exactly the answer you're looking for... An acquaintance of mine, who along with you and I owns cars in this price range, said: "I'll never buy another brand new car.". I agree. Buying a 1-3 year old car gives you the best of both worlds, it's barely broken in, since it's a nice car it's probably been well taken care of, and the previous owner took that horrible first two year depreciation in the shorts, not you. I agreed. When I get the itch for...
It's not a simple answer, so using the tee where you enjoy yourself the most is probably as good as any. Choosing the one where you're close to your handicap isn't the best answer, since, statistically, everyone only shoots their handicap approximately 30% of the time. Besides, your handicap is established based on the tees you used when you shot each posted score. Probably the best answer, although it's based mostly on your skill with the driver as much as anything...
I think it's a terrific idea, although I think 4 1/2 hour rounds are less of a problem than the 5 1/2 hour rounds. My local course shoots for 2:09 at the turn, and they usually beat it, even on weekend mornings. Of course, as the head pro told me: "If you want to play early on weekends, be under 2:00 or we'll shoot you."
Thanks for the input! While I haven't heard it explained that way before, it definitely makes perfect sense. I have often demonstrated the issue by having a player sole an iron on a hard floor, and then make certain that the center of the sole is in contact with the floor. Improper lie angles become instantly apparent, as you've pointed out, because it's necessary to either open or close the face in order to get the center of the sole to touch the floor. I've just...