or Connect

Posts by secondary

Don't really compete much, but I found out that Saturday rounds (Fridays are heavy) seem to be my best rounds.  Something about the tightness really makes me feel connected?  Everything seems like a half swing and for me that is a really good thing that I can't seem to duplicate when "loose".  Especially if any type of Farmer walks or lunges took place the day before.     That being said, Didn't work out once this week.  Bronchial infection, Z-pack needed, Inhaler,...
Yep, familiar with TRX.  Awesome body weight trainer.  Some of the best ab workouts ever using these things. 
It has been raining and in the 40's for 6 days.  Golf or new mountain bike may never happen.   DBL DL 3x5  1/2 TGU 3x3 R+L (53,62)   Then for time   50 DBL DL Kickouts 50 Pull ups 800 m run/row   I kipped the pull ups, rowed the 800.  10:12 was my time.  Out of shape.......
Ropes = really good sleep tonight!  That time is REALLY good, color me impressed.  My wife keeps showing me the Cross Fit Trials that are airing on ESPN 3.  Realize just how out of shape I really am :)  
Back to a regular routine sort of.  Partner got hurt so I was able to go solo.   1 min of each with :15 sec of rest between each exercise.  2 min rest after each round, 3 rounds total.    I set these up like stations and moved around.    Goblet Squat Snatches R Snatches L  Ropes ( I got 1 really long 40 ft rope and loop it back to hold both ends and getting swinging) American Swings Push ups Jumping Lunges High Pulls   Used a 53lb kb where...
I spend more time reading about golf and practicing swings in the yard than i do actually playing.  Local course went private a while ago, over an hour to any course now.  So my "other" has picked up a bunch.  We live on a lake in a town with a great ski resort, so lot's of options.     Winter- Snowboard A LOT.  60 days this year.  Kids are both getting good at skiing now so that helps keep the family together.            Lot's of hikes/snowshoe with the family and...
I am really struggling with making changes right now, this is pretty awesome to see.  Great job and thanks for editing it together. 
I am not tech savy at all, but this concept is really intriguing.  The golf stuff is just icing on the cake.  Thanks for putting this up I would have never known about something like this. 
Quick update on this temporary routine. I am up to 22 min of :20 on :40 off of swings with a 62lb bell. First two weeks kicked my butt worse than I thought. Better now. After that I have been back to adding some heavy kb snatches, press, TGU, and lot's of abs and pull ups. Just wanted to say thanks to Bunkerputt for the hold the weight straight out in front you routine. Never tried that one and now it is officially mixed in with the rest of the ab stuff. Good one. ...
Was this course in Westchester off of 290?  Or are you talking about K club up a bit North?  Born and raised in the area and heading back in Aug for a week of golf with friends, interested in hearing the report.