or Connect

Posts by Precis1on

In lieu of what Adam said, 2 wrongs certainly can make a right (if they complement), and this reminded of Jim Hardy's book: http://www.amazon.com/Solid-Contact-Instructors-Learning-Instantly/dp/1592406580   Hardy talks about swings in pluses (steep, fade) and minuses (shallow, draw). If you are slicing and have many aspects of your swing that are pluses, then you need to add some minuses to straighten out your ball flight. It's an interesting read, but you need a...
I agree with Erik on his original post. Last year I was relying on my short game to always be scrambling for par because my approaches were coming from the rough, bad locations, or I missed the GIR from the fairway. While I was still scoring fairly well, a little better than bogey golf, I couldn't get better with just my short game.   This year, all of my work has been with the full swing. I've been keeping my driver in play much better. I went 3 rounds without...
If your putter gives you consistent distance and accuracy, feels good in your hands and gives you confidence, it doesn't matter what you put with. If you feel best putting with a shovel and somehow do it super consistently, then putt with a shovel.   And yes, I have an Edel and I spent good money on it, but I wouldn't trade it for any other putter.
Driver - 270-285 3w     - 245-255 2h      - 220-235 4i       - 185-195 5i       - 175-185 6i       - 165-175 7i       - 155-165 8i       - 145-155 9i       - 135-145 PW    - 125-135 50      - 105-115 56      - 80 60      - 65
With the camera angle the way it's set, I can't even tell if your leaning over or bending your knees. :)   From what I can see though, you don't have a lot of tilt; your shoulders are level and your spine is looks completely straight which is why (at least to my eye), both of your arms are super straight at address.   I'll let those with better eyes take a whack at it though. A down the line shot would be really useful as well.
Early extension (in general) is a loss of the tush line in which a golfer thrusts the hips at the ball. It's more prevalent among better players normally in which they know not to come over the top so they try to reroute the club inside-out.   Monte explains it a lot better than I do.  
You need a process. Are you in a good position to win your state champ? Are you in the position that you're the best scorer on your team? Are COLLEGES looking to recruit you?   If the answer to any the above questions is "no", then get ready to work your tail off, find a swing coach (I don't consider high school coaches swing coaches in general, unless they're certified in some way), and by the time you're done with high school hopefully you have won or placed in the...
I don't think you're falling back and flipping your hands, I think you have a very slight early extension where you lose your tush line and extend down at the ball. It's difficult to tell without drawing lines and I don't think your camera angle is perfect. However I think it's very slight.   From the top of your swing, shift to the left leg by giving your hip a slight bump, then turn the shoulders and hips left really hard, keeping the hands low and attached to the...
  How about curling, an Olympic sport in which pregnant women are competitors? :)   I'm not going to sift through 19 pages of comments, but golf requires immense physical and mental capabilities. It may not be as physically demanding in terms of athletics like runners and swimmers but I bet that it is certainly one of the most demanding mental sports out there and the pressure is immense. A lot of golf is, yes skill, but other sports require this as a baseline...
Yea, I was about to say... I pitch from that distance. 3/4 60 degree wedge that checks on a heartbeat right at the pin.