or Connect

Posts by Wansteadimp

I know he gets a lot of hype but Spieth winning the Masters at his first attempt as a 20 year old would have been a fairly big Cinderella story. A reminder there have been 3 people to win the Masters at their first go, two of those were in the first 2 years.
There isn't going to be a new Tiger, what golf can hope for is a proper rivalry.Unfortunately for this to happen best someone needs to where a "black hat", all the young guys seem so damn nice that I can't see it happening..... Doh then I remember Mr Reed, Reed v Rory, Jordan & Rickie, Evil v Good, light v Dark, jobs a good'un, the ratings will be saved!
Donald's in at the moment, McDowell isn't. McGinley has virtually said that Poulter and GMac will get picks. I'd imagine that it would be very hard not to pick the Scotsman Gallacher at home if he was 10th in the rankings, as he is now. I think Westwood will probably have to play his way in, or to get very close to the 10th spot if he is to play.
Its not something I've ever heard before, I relied on Wiki too. However, I live in London. I can well believe that it is hugely derogatory in NI and certain parts of Scotland, but not something that you'd hear throughout the UK.
Is it possible Tiger and the Golden Child will be out first tomorrow?
Birkdale in 2017 and Carnoustie in 2018.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/28113589
Kucher in Houston, Scott in Orlando (or the Aussie Open), Stenson in Sweden, Bubba in Phoenix, Tigers the only one of the current Top 5 that hasn't blown a 3rd round lead this year. 
Faldo just described the rough at Hoylake as "waist high" - an Irish Sea gale and the course may be evil.
If they let the rough grow up like it is in Germany this week it could get real ugly. I seriously doubt that the course will play as easy as last time. The weather was perfect and the fairways were more like runways which really shortened up the course. The weather had been really dry and the rough was thin and whispy. Whilst the weather has been dry recently, the early part of the growing season was perfect, the rough in London (which has been drier than Liverpool) is...
Highest ranked on OWGR at the start of the week.