or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Any time I am trying to clear a tree, I find a way to clip a portion of it. If there is a branch somewhere I find it. I play feral balls, and if one lands within 10 yards of a tree, the ball somehow nestles up to it. If my ball gets anywhere near the woods it just runs away to grandma’s house.   That being said, I will take skill over luck, But once in a while you get lucky and it is a great feeling.   Unfortanlety I don’t get that often at all.
I understand where this idea comes from that I am a "cheat" because I play by league rules, while playing in league events (which once again does not factor into my "non" league handicap).However that is the only time I play like that, under those rules.It is the same as playing in a scramble, shamble or any other NON PGA format. League play is League play and different from any other round of golf. But people can still cheat while playing league play.You play in a league,...
Spot on! Same thing. Watch a ball sail into the trees, yet is played 10 yards from the woods.If I am playing with some random partner, or any one and we are playing for NOTHING. It does not bother me how you play your game.What bothers me is when you play your game that way and boast a score that is not correct. Knowing full well, that we know full well that it is not the correct score. Pretty much same thing,Except he is loose to impress himself. He must know I am smart...
you mean both as in, his second shot and my moving the ball marker? I am well aware of the rule about ball markers and under normal circumstances would not have done what I did. However If I stand there and indicate to him that he had marked the wrong ball, has to take a stroke etc...etc... that just has the potential to create an argument.I find in this situation when dealing with someone who has very little concept of the the "real" rules of golf that tossing their ball...
I do the same thing, if I am on a course playing by myself.I have also played 9 holes by myself and played 2 separate balls, using neither score for handicapping purposes.When I am playing a "practice" round do what ever you want. I have on occasion moved my ball to a worse lie, just so I can practice that shot.However during a round when I am competing against you, I would not do any of that.
this is my golf league tournament, but either way yes I beleieve it is against the rules to drop another ball just because you did not like the outcome of the 1st shot.This is his common practice among his golfing buddies. He does not like his chip shot he drops a ball and declares " I just want to see if I can do this". Now normally if people are watching he picks up the 2nd ball, if no one is paying attention he will mark the better shot. This is how you learn to play...
1-yes he is.2-I dont "dislike" him. I dislike the compulsive effort to turn in a good score, even when that means cheating. I enjoy spending time with the individual and we are making up for alot of lost time. When we are both playing well, there is no issue and it is alot of fun. But when we are competing against one another and he refused to lose by using these tactics, it spoils it. And for the record I play by the league rules as they are set up and voted upon by the...
Well the tournament took place and the cheater's score was quietly kept accurate. I handed off the score card to someone in the other cart and told them I wanted to keep the cheater from shooting an 8 over. Especially since we played 18 in the rain and the conditions were tough. Puddles on the greens, no run etc.....   on a par 3, he was short of the green, chipped and then 3 putted to which he barked that he had a bogie (4), we put him down for a 5. On another par 3 he...
  Around here, weekday rate is $50+ with a cart.Weekend you are looking at $55+ and up.If you are a senior citizen you can get a good deal during the week of $35, but golfing in upstate NY is quite pricey if you want to play some decent courses.
I think the PGA wants more people to play & I think courses want the economic benefits of more people playing.However I do not know if realistically, courses want first time, novice hackers learning to play on the course. You would think courses would have more reasonably priced clinics.I dont know what the cost is elsewhere but around her $40 for a 1/2 lesson is the going rate.So you can either play a round or take a lesson.