or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I try, and try and try but I tend to fall off the wagon come summer time. My wife follows Medifast (which works for her), but considering she is out of work all summer long we may order out a little more often.Not to mention during the summer time I seem to either be at a cook out or hosting a cookout and the beer just flows. We find outselves at amusement parks or someplace with the kids and it can be difficult to be healthy, but we try.Lastly I play in my golf league and...
It is that time of year again, golf season is over and time to start getting in shape for next year.  Along with my lifting and running/walking routine I am changing up my diet. Cutting out junk and eating healthy.   I have breakfasts and dinners and mid day snacks all taken care of, however lunches are tough.   I try to eat healthy and inexpensive, my typical lunch is 1/2 cup rice,  1/2 cup black beans and a dap of franks red hot. Or I have a salad with some left over...
I am in upstate NY, so we can have hot days and cold days and days inbetween. The course I play has water on the 4th, 7th. 10th & 16th. However sometimes they are not filled and not cold. And my home course is hilly so it is a tough walk!   I take a diuretic and drink water all day, beer on the course. Of course I never find myself having to relieve myself on the course, which tells me I am probably dehydrated. 
I did not know how to properly label this thread. Anyway I play in a 9 hole league every week. I start the year by promising myself I will not have any beer on the course. Inevitably once I have a bad hole I declare to heck with it and have a beer and turn the round around (not due to the beer). However as the season progresses I find myself throwing 2 beers and a cold bottle of water in the my bag and never touching the water.   Just looking for any tips on staying...
I was B-Fit for Bridgestone Tour B330 golf balls   Phil Mickelson: -11 Ricky Fowler: -10 Brandt Snedeker: -9
I played 9 yesterday. Hit 6 out of 9 fairways with drives ranging from 247 to 268 (not bad considering it was a wet, rainy day). I tee'd the ball up leaving 1/4 to a 1/3 above the head of the crown.I slowed my back swing down ALOT.Hinged my wrists at the top of my swingI kept my left arm stiffand swung through. now the issue I have, is snap hooking or my ball flight heading left.
My game, like most goes up and down. I usually average about 260 on my drives. However in the last few weeks, my first drive is snapp hooked to the left and from there on out 1/2 of my drives are getting drilled into the ground. I still get 150+ yards on the drive (some of them).   I know that as I hit the drives more poorly I tend to tee my ball down just below the crown of my 460CC driver. and I tend to fidget with it until the end of the round. This usually happens...
  Very good information.I injured my hand last fall, buy over gripping the club with my left hand and playing 63 holes in 36 hours.Did not help to return home and not let it rest by holding a video game remote, or my cell phone for extended period of time. The only difference I have is most of my pain is either in my middle finger or on the muscle part of the palm by the pinky.I have used this opportunity to learn how to grip the club lighter with less pressure and not try...
I was diagnosed with bursitis in my left shoulder. I have done 2 rehabs and 1 cortisone shot. I have had an MRI and been told there is nothing to surgically repair. My doc told me not to carry my bag as the motion of sending my arm back through the loop can aggravate my shoulder. Last week I accidentally slept on the couch with my puppy. slept on my shoulder.  Been barking at me all week. I went and swung. It does not hurt to swing, it hurts to do everything else in...
I adapted my wife's medifast plan to something I could use. Eating 5 small, low cal, high protein meals a day with 1 portioned sized lean meat/greens meal.   I started on 1/1/14 and I am down 20 lbs. Cant even begin to explain how the difference feels. And I have cut out drinking. I limit myself to 1 beer or a glass or 2 of wine a week. Compared to my 2 beers a night.   And I began running 3 times a week on the treadmill, atleast a mile at a time.   I just might...