or Connect

Posts by Elmer

A year ago I bought a nickent 7dx hybrid for a great price of $70. I got this hybrid because I was just unable to hit my 5 iron (2008 big bertha) effectively. The problem I am having now is I have never been able to effectively hit the club off the tee. I don’t often use a 5Iron, usually on long par 5s and long par 3’s.   I will say this club out of the rough is great, it glides and flies through it. However off the tee and fairway, the head feels oversized and heavy...
I played 63 holes over the weekend over the course of 36 hours. 18, then 18, then 9 then 18. During the 1st or 2nd 18 my left hand and my pinky knuckels started to get really sore when I gripped the club. I do have an issue with gripping to tightly. The pain did help me keep a light grip, how ever now it is just sore. I am taking double doses of Aleave. But now that I am at work, where I type alot, it is still sore.   Anyone ever experience this? Is it arthritis? a...
Reading through the thread all I can say is what a difference a year makes. I know carry my driver, 3W, 4H...... I have dropped my 7W and only carry my 5W when I play scrambles, or I know I will be riding in a cart (which is during scrambles. My drives have left me usually hitting driver wedge on par 4's and driver 4H on par 5. (but that is mostly due to the courses I play) The funny thing is I have been giving serious consideration to dumping my 3w. I hit it great off the...
I guess I should mention that my lofts are as follows:   Driver 10.5 3W      15 4H       22 5H       25     I could add a 5 wood at 18 degree!   Not sure what a 3H run in degreeS!
I only use my 3 wood off the tee and off the fairway. It is useless out of the rough. The 5 wood is a little better out of light rough because it has a smaller head, but I tend to leave hybrids out of the rough.
I should mention I just got back from a golf weekend. Three days on the same course with the same pin placement. I played a 215 yard  par 3. I flew the ball 15 yards over the green once and was short twice.   On my home course I have the same issue with a par 3, if the flag and pin are back I could be looking at a 210 to 215 shot.   I can either be short or too long.   Like I said out of the rough and off the tee I did not know if a 5 wood was the answer or...
I hit my driver 250+ MY 3W is 225+ or more on a good day the next club in my bag is 4H which I get about 200 yards. Sometimes more with wind and proper ball striking, but not consistently.   The rest of the bag is 5H, 6i to 56wedge   I have an old 7 wood & a 5 wood that I used to carry, but dropped them because I could not hit them out of the rough (where I usually play from) I need to put a club in my bag to cover the 215 yard shot. Would that be a 5...
Last weekend I was playing an annual best ball scramble with my usual 4 some. We were on a small drivable dog leg left. After 3 out of 4 of us put a ball in the fairway, I went for the green. To reach the green you have to hit over the trees and hope to clear a hill. Best case scenario you end up on the fringe. We get up there and can not find my ball. We look in the hole and there it is! We score a 1, we end up at 8 under for 18 (best ball scramble, too much...
Because of my father's actions I do the opposite. I walk my rounds and play 1 ball. Everyone knows I play yellow balls with my initials on them. If I think a ball is OB and I have to walk away from the group I tell my opponent I am pulling a ball. I then pull a white ball with my initials on it out of my bag and usually wave the ball infront of my opponent, I am tooo freaking honest!
Thank you for the responses. First off, for some reason I typed the original post at work and it had paragraphs, but when it was posted it did not. I tried to edit the post but was simply unable to do so.   Secondly, my father has never been one to "let me win". regardless of a game of Horse, Wiffle ball or anything. He is a competitor and refuses to loose and gets pissed when he does so. Unfortunately he learned golf the wrong way. He learned it by himself,...