or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Some people are taught that it is all about them. Add some competition to that and it is still all about them. The kid probably thinks that when his game is not right he can storm off. I know a guy like this and only play with him when paired. Let him be a jerk I doubt saying anything to him will change him.
So i sink 4 consecutive wedge shots while playing golf.Actually 3 were on 16,17 & 18 when I played mondayThen friday I sank my wedge on #1.Is it still sink 4 consecutive wedge shots? or My last round of the year on course X I shot a 40 on the front.My 1st round of the year on course X I shot a 35 on the back.that is my best round ever on that course 75.However I did play a bunch of other rounds in between.Does that count?  I still say it is an achievement, but not a real...
I would contend that it is an enormous achievement and worthy of praise and honor.However I don’t think it is an official Grand Slam, since it is not during the same calendar year. The PGA does not even recognize this achievement as official. I would also point out that if the Rule book does not call for it, it does not count, which seems to be the way with golf. Tennis would call this a Non-Calendar Year Grand Slam. I feel this is the same when a baseball player ends the...
I am going to wholeheartedly disagree with you.Scrambles are a form a golf. it has all the elements and aspects of golf without following the specific rules.You use a club, a ball. You hit the ball, putt on the green, write down a score. There are birdies, bogies, pars, fairways, bunkers and hopefully a cart girl!In what way is a scramble not a form of golf?What would you call it, baseball? Cricket?  This I can agree with.Scrambles do not follow the specific rules of...
The only issue I have is when you start getting all 4 guys on the tee hitting a provisional. If both your balls dont end up in the same spot you are now chasing after 2 balls.That is sure to speed things up!
you have never played on my course with my league. We bottle neck atleast once round.So I will kindly disagree. Like I said a bunch of blue collar guys, older vets with bad knees, 1 guy who is nearly blind.And you expect any of them to tee off, walk 200 yards only to find out that after 5 mins of looking they can not find their ball in the fairway ( or other spot), then walk all the way back 200 yards. Bump the group on the tee and hopefully hit a decent tee shot.Then walk...
I think he is days away from ordering 1,000 pizzas to be delivered to Clinton's campaign office!
We do play winter rules in the fairway. But I get the sense that you think we are moving our balls all over the course and carding an even par round. When in fact most rounds take place with very little movement of balls.The course has spots that would be considered ground under repair . For instance the green, which are a mess. Never rolled, never plugged and big patches of sand. The Greens had been cut up so they could replace the turf. The problem was they left the cut...
We are never going to agree on this. Once again this is a modified, recreational league. NOT PGA. never do my scores of my league factor into my GHIN handicap. I have a league handicap and a offical GHIN and never do the 2 meet.If the league has agreed upon and committed to "playing a certain set of rules." then we should be fine as a recreational league. That being said I have addressed the course I play many, many times. It is a poorly kept muni, but it is a my home...
You sir have won the internet for the day!I played in a Lacrosse league for years, we played half  field, indoor, reduced teams, reduced contact, and no face offs after goals.It was a blast and it was still Lacrosse.There are rec leagues for all types of sports. But Golf seems to be the only stickler of the bunch.And people wonder why golf is perceived to be snobby, elitist and exclusionary !