or Connect

Posts by Elmer

I should mention I just got back from a golf weekend. Three days on the same course with the same pin placement. I played a 215 yard  par 3. I flew the ball 15 yards over the green once and was short twice.   On my home course I have the same issue with a par 3, if the flag and pin are back I could be looking at a 210 to 215 shot.   I can either be short or too long.   Like I said out of the rough and off the tee I did not know if a 5 wood was the answer or...
I hit my driver 250+ MY 3W is 225+ or more on a good day the next club in my bag is 4H which I get about 200 yards. Sometimes more with wind and proper ball striking, but not consistently.   The rest of the bag is 5H, 6i to 56wedge   I have an old 7 wood & a 5 wood that I used to carry, but dropped them because I could not hit them out of the rough (where I usually play from) I need to put a club in my bag to cover the 215 yard shot. Would that be a 5...
Last weekend I was playing an annual best ball scramble with my usual 4 some. We were on a small drivable dog leg left. After 3 out of 4 of us put a ball in the fairway, I went for the green. To reach the green you have to hit over the trees and hope to clear a hill. Best case scenario you end up on the fringe. We get up there and can not find my ball. We look in the hole and there it is! We score a 1, we end up at 8 under for 18 (best ball scramble, too much...
Because of my father's actions I do the opposite. I walk my rounds and play 1 ball. Everyone knows I play yellow balls with my initials on them. If I think a ball is OB and I have to walk away from the group I tell my opponent I am pulling a ball. I then pull a white ball with my initials on it out of my bag and usually wave the ball infront of my opponent, I am tooo freaking honest!
Thank you for the responses. First off, for some reason I typed the original post at work and it had paragraphs, but when it was posted it did not. I tried to edit the post but was simply unable to do so.   Secondly, my father has never been one to "let me win". regardless of a game of Horse, Wiffle ball or anything. He is a competitor and refuses to loose and gets pissed when he does so. Unfortunately he learned golf the wrong way. He learned it by himself,...
So couple weeks ago I was playing in the my golf league's mid season tournament. We played a local Muni par 71, great challenging course. I was riding in a cart with a guy who is an A flighter which is a 5 handicap for 9 holes. I carry a 9 per 9.   Now during league play I dont have to play him at all since we are in different flights. Anyway we both bogie the 1st hole, par 5 We both bogied the 4th a par 3 The 7th a par 3, he hit his ball OB, duffed a chip, chipped...
  I do have a 60, but I dropped it from my bag for 2 reasons. 1- I was getting no roll with it and so my chips were hitting the green and stopping leaving me with way too many long puts 2- I walk and wanted to lighted my bag. (I figured if I could just open the face of my 54 and do all the same things a 60 could do, why carry it)   Anyway I am going to give the "hinge and hold" method a try. I did spend an hour working at the range on my short game this morning. I worked...
I have taken lessons and worked all season on my short game. I have switched back and forth between a 54 and a 56 wedge. I have tried phrases to take my mind off of what I am doing "there is no spoon". But I still have the short game yips. I decelerate through the ball. (perfect example is a great drive on a short par 4, left with a 40 yard chip over a bunker on to the green. I nub it 5 yard. Next shot hit it 10 yards into the bunker, then on the green for a triple...
 I want a club that can do alot from 80 yards and in.I notice that I dont hit the 56 as far as the 54I hit the 56 more confidentally than the 54.I rarely find myself making a flop shot from a hard pan,I am on a limited golf budget, since my other passion-wine making is eating into my funds.I have 1/2 dozen clubs in my garage I have tried to sell on ebay and was unable to sell them for dirt cheap.Maybe on the next golf sale, I will trade in and meet you both 1/2 way with a...
So use the club with the most bounce?