or Connect

Posts by Elmer

Well the tournament took place and the cheater's score was quietly kept accurate. I handed off the score card to someone in the other cart and told them I wanted to keep the cheater from shooting an 8 over. Especially since we played 18 in the rain and the conditions were tough. Puddles on the greens, no run etc.....   on a par 3, he was short of the green, chipped and then 3 putted to which he barked that he had a bogie (4), we put him down for a 5. On another par 3 he...
  Around here, weekday rate is $50+ with a cart.Weekend you are looking at $55+ and up.If you are a senior citizen you can get a good deal during the week of $35, but golfing in upstate NY is quite pricey if you want to play some decent courses.
I think the PGA wants more people to play & I think courses want the economic benefits of more people playing.However I do not know if realistically, courses want first time, novice hackers learning to play on the course. You would think courses would have more reasonably priced clinics.I dont know what the cost is elsewhere but around her $40 for a 1/2 lesson is the going rate.So you can either play a round or take a lesson.
How about the guy who reads his 10 foot put from the other side, walks all the way around to the other side. Looks at his put from his side, plum bobs and then putts it only 1/2 way to the hole.repeat process and cards a triple bogie!
most the courses I goto around here, with exception of Saratoga National, has people in jeans and tee shirts playing. Most the golfers play at a snails pace and very few are aware of any etiquette. So I believe we have not hit bottom, however the game will never rebound to be truely elitist filled with the upper crust of society, ever again! Those country club days all dressed in white are all gone. That being said the main reason I dont play as often as I would like is...
The circle around the hole would almost be similar to a "gimme". I see a lot of people taking advantage of the "gimme". I only take a "gimme" when it meets 2 conditions:1-is within the putter grip2- is on someone's line.The problem is the golfers who start giving themselves the put that is further and further out. They never learn how to hit the small ones. I have always believed golf should be fun. If you are not having fun, what is the point?I think if you want to go out...
Lets face it when you are just starting out paying $45 for a round of golf is expensive, especially when you play & most likely put up a stinker of a round.   Golf balls are $20 a dozen if not more. New clubs, used clubs or any clubs are pricey. Shoes!!!!!! and then you have to add in the time to practice and a 4 hour round.   most people I know are casual golfer and dont get a chance to excel because they dont have the time, money or effort to put into it (myself...
2 birdies, which were legitimate.there were legitimate pars and bogies as wellbut it is the disaster holes which if not scored correctly will really add up. I will admit that he hits the fairway quite often, he can chip & put.However in the game of golf you have to accept the bad shots and holes. You have to accept when you are having an off day. You have to be humble, you have to be willing to say "I had a bad day". Even the best golfer shanks one, every once in a while!
So to get back to the OP, I went and played 18 with the individual in the OP. I watched closely in preperation for our outing. We were just out there knocking the ball around, which to me means, we were not playing for $, no nassua's, not bets. Therefore I never asked his score and therefore I did not call him out. I went and played my game by the rules of Golf. At the end of the round, which I shot an 89 on a course I have never been on before.  I did take a peek at his...
Where have I said I dont add a stroke?Where have I said "steal a stroke"I said the courses I play wont let me retee my 3rd shot (1-tee, 2 lost ball, 3 retee, hitting 4), instead I tee (1), lost (2) lying (4)  Just because I did not specifically say it, dont assume.