or Connect

Posts by Elmer

i have been practicing on my take away as it is all out of sorts. At the range I just kill it over and over again. My issue is that when I address the ball at the course I pause and then that is when the thoughts get in my head. So I have started working on taking 2 practice swings, address ball and hit rather quickly. This takes my mind out of my swing and allows me act on instinct.
I know the same guy, except mine does not even bother hitting from a bunker. He just tosses it out of the bunker and declares "I am not going to hit out of this crap".His theory is that you really have no way of knowing what is under the sand and does not want to bust up his clubs. he also tends to take a mulligan on chips and uses the better shot.His score is kept according to what he should have had, not what he actually had. I dont care what he does until he wants to...
I go back far enough that the club almost touches my shoulder. I have tried to hit a ball with various take backs, but this seems to be the only way I can do it. So what ever works!
Someone needs to be a trend setter!
@isukgolf I understand and agree.I play by the rules, unless I am playing in a league (which is already been determined to not be "real golf) or tournament that bends them everyone.You play your game, I will play mine. you write down your score, I write down mine. The only time our games will cross paths is if we are playing for something. Then we have to play by the same rules.But for a novice who is hitting over 100 and penalize them for grounding a club etc... is just...
As I said previously, I was impressed with their new 3 wood, but before that none of their clubs impressed me. Of all the golfers I know (60 in my league and another 30 in the other league) 1 has a nike 3 wood. a couple have a driver or a wedge. some will play a nike ball is found. Some have Nike shoes!not 1 person I know has a nike putter. I would think Nike has a tough time putting out better equipment thanTitlestTaylormadeCallawayCleveland They should stick to shoes and...
 2 "kids" go out to play a round and have fun and are paired with a purist. Purist calls them out for not adhering to the intricacies of every rule, maybe the purist points to every violation and corrects them on it at every turn.Maybe the purist tells them, "that's not how the game is played" I have been paired with people who do just that. Sure the guy was being a no it all Richard, but  he want to reinforce that he know the rules and my practice round is wrong because I...
I have never been a fan of Nike Golf equipment. I have use feral Nike balls when found, everything from the super-soft to platinum one and black. After a hole or two with a Nike I would grab ANY ball out of my bag. I have demo'ed their clubs over the years and felt they were bottom of the barrel.   I will say I did like this years 3 wood model. Aside from that it is overpriced shirt, shoes & belts!   I think they took a gamble thinking Rory & Tiger would bring...
The young people I know who golf, go out to whack the ball around and have a few beers and some fun.They are not considered to be playing "golf" by the purist.Which is why there are no kids.That and the cost.These days people dont have time for 4 hours of overly complex rules, honors and loss of distance!Play some ready golf and have fun!but what do I know I am not a purist!
I play with a guy who at first told me: I teed the ball up way to high and too far forward. Of course I drive it 265 to 280. He barely tees it at all and in the middle of his stance and gets 220.Sure he goes straight and I can be a bit erratic, but that has nothing to do with tee or ball placement. I think the problem with giving swing advice is what works for me may not work for you.I told a friend who is starting out, (who Coincidentally  got advice from my old playing...