or Connect

Posts by Elmer

So couple weeks ago I was playing in the my golf league's mid season tournament. We played a local Muni par 71, great challenging course. I was riding in a cart with a guy who is an A flighter which is a 5 handicap for 9 holes. I carry a 9 per 9.   Now during league play I dont have to play him at all since we are in different flights. Anyway we both bogie the 1st hole, par 5 We both bogied the 4th a par 3 The 7th a par 3, he hit his ball OB, duffed a chip, chipped...
  I do have a 60, but I dropped it from my bag for 2 reasons. 1- I was getting no roll with it and so my chips were hitting the green and stopping leaving me with way too many long puts 2- I walk and wanted to lighted my bag. (I figured if I could just open the face of my 54 and do all the same things a 60 could do, why carry it)   Anyway I am going to give the "hinge and hold" method a try. I did spend an hour working at the range on my short game this morning. I worked...
I have taken lessons and worked all season on my short game. I have switched back and forth between a 54 and a 56 wedge. I have tried phrases to take my mind off of what I am doing "there is no spoon". But I still have the short game yips. I decelerate through the ball. (perfect example is a great drive on a short par 4, left with a 40 yard chip over a bunker on to the green. I nub it 5 yard. Next shot hit it 10 yards into the bunker, then on the green for a triple...
 I want a club that can do alot from 80 yards and in.I notice that I dont hit the 56 as far as the 54I hit the 56 more confidentally than the 54.I rarely find myself making a flop shot from a hard pan,I am on a limited golf budget, since my other passion-wine making is eating into my funds.I have 1/2 dozen clubs in my garage I have tried to sell on ebay and was unable to sell them for dirt cheap.Maybe on the next golf sale, I will trade in and meet you both 1/2 way with a...
So use the club with the most bounce?
my wedges with bounce are as follows   54/11 56/14 60/08   Like I said I am walk and carry and I want to carry one. I am trying to carry the one that could be most versatile. Since I can not hit the 60 as far as the others that is out. It comes down to the 54 and 56. They are almost the same club except for 2 degrees and some bounce, but they feel differently. I should mention I take good divots on wedge shots. I also play in the northeast, where it is soggy and wet...
 I guess if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten different wedges. I have heard that Cleveland makes wedges for noob hackers like me.However I picked up volkey 54/56/60 at the local annual golf sale liquidation.In successive years I would grab one of these ranging in price from $45 to $65 brand new, which is a steal considering they retail for $109.When I bought I never looked at the bounce, I just bought because I needed the loft and it was a good price.But I...
Thanks for the help. I used to carry a 60 degree volkey. However since I walk I want to lighten my load and I found I was chipping around the green with my 60 way too much, and with little success. I may add it back for tournaments or at a later date, so I can carry 50/56/60. But I have been trying to use the 56 or 54 with an open face for higher shots. I am trying to learn to be versatile
I am trying to decide between 2 similar clubs. I want to carry only 3 wedges, PW(46) GW(50) & ? My choices are 54 with 8 bounce or 56 with 14 bounce Both Volkey spin milled. I had been carrying the 54 because it would give me just a little extra distance that the 56 does not. But it kills me on short, soft, half swing shots. During a lesson with my PGA pro, we were working on short game, 70 yards in, and I was hitting the 56. I noticed it was smoother and felt more...
I have been regripping on an off for a year. Some clubs are easy when it comes to removing old tape, some not so much. I tend to spray the tape down with some miracle spirits and then scrap. sometimes it peels right off, sometimes I spend an hour. I find my thumb is the best most effective tool. I just bought a big bottle of Goo Be Goone. I am going to try this. But I am just throwing it out there to see what anyone else would suggest, (aside from a...